Cheltenham Ante Post Competition 2012-13

€1000 win Last Shadow - Fred Winter 25/1 Gen
€500 win New Years Eve - Supreme 25/1 Gen
€500 win Rebel Fitz - Champion Hurdle 50/1 hills

£500 Captain Conan - to win a race at the festival - 6/1 P.P.

£500 Win - Sprinter Sacre 2/5 (boylesports) Queen Mother

Last edited:
Didn't realise we had 2k to play with in Feb please add.

500 win Far West 8/1 Triumph Paddy Power

500 Win Grandouet 7/1 Champion Hurdle WH

Goulanes - £250 Each-Way (National Hunt Chase - general 25/1)

Cue Card - £1000 Win (Ryanair Chase - general 6/1)

Irish Saint - £250 Each Way (Triumph Hurdle - 18/1 Sporting)

£500 Captain Conan - to win a race at the festival - 6/1 P.P.

£500 Win - Sprinter Sacre 2/5 (boylesports) Queen Mother

According to Oddschecker betting history Paddy Power opened 4/1 Captain Conan to win a race at the Festival on 22 January and reduced the price today to 3/1. WH opened at 9/2 in December and shortened it to their current 7/2 on 26 January.

What do you want to do, keep the bet, but at odds of 7/2, or cancel it?

If the price is correct on Captain Conan , I will have a £1000 on it , but I fear it could be a mistake by PP

You are right, please see my last post addressed to swedish chef.

It's the same question for you, do you want to keep the bet, but at odds of 7/2, or cancel it?

You can't put up a 66/1 shot with giving us the reason? Some of us might want a piece!

Unbeaten under rules having previously won a listed hurdle at the open meeting -making his debut in a Grade 2 chase 6 weeks before the festival.Miinehoma,Rolling Ball,Champleve and Well Chief all won at the festival with light preparations.
Had 50 at 65 on the machine and a fairly lumpy bet today.The 4 miler never occured to me and it theory Grasshopper has the right idea with the 4miler but will they really want to run him in that race-I think the horse deserves a crack at a Grade 1 not a glorified point.The owner is a proper racing man and I'm sure he will do what's right for the horse (and me).

Unbeaten ..........but will they really want to run him in that race-I think the horse deserves a crack at a Grade 1 not a glorified point.The owner is a proper racing man and I'm sure he will do what's right for the horse (and me).

There was always the danger that an authoritative win today might see him head towards the RSA, Luke. Indeed, that might be exactly what they do.

My rationale for chancing it on the 4-miler was more to do with the fact that the RSA favourite is in the same yard as Goulanes, and less about his limitations insofar as that race is concerned. The relatively modest nature of my A/P bet on the horse, was broadly reflective of the doubts about his Cheltenham target.

That said, I did reckon that 3m1f in heavy ground looked less of an RSA trial, than it did for a potential crack at the National Hunt Chase, and to be fair, Goulane's performance today had the look of a horse who would have a better chance in the latter event. He looks a dour stayer to me, and on today's evidence, he is one who will relish the rising ground at Cheltenham when other are downing tools.

If connections swing towards the 4-miler, I will consider myself to have a decent bet, because I'd be pretty sweet on his chances. :cool:

Last edited:
Overturn £500 win @ 4/1 for the Arkle with Ladbrokes

I saw him today at Musselburgh and he was really impressive, just an absolute star. Much as I like Simonsig, think Overturn will be hard to beat come March.

Will get some up to date tables and so on posted over the next few days.

Back