Cheltenham Ante Post Competition 2014-2015 FEBRUARY SELECTIONS

Well done, trudi

Here's the first set of final portfolios with the actual return column added in - they're alphabetical again

Attachments

• final1.JPG
    final1.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 11
  • final2.JPG
    final2.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 9
  • final3.JPG
    final3.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 10
  • final4.JPG
    final4.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 8
  • final5.JPG
    final5.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 9
Next lot ....

Attachments

• final6.JPG
    final6.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 5
  • final7.JPG
    final7.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 7
  • final8.JPG
    final8.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 7
  • final9.JPG
    final9.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 9
  • final10.JPG
    final10.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 8
.... and the last ones - trudi, your winning portfolio is in final12.jpg

Attachments

• final11.JPG
    final11.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 10
  • final12.JPG
    final12.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 13
  • finalLast.JPG
    finalLast.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 12
Euronymous;608303:( Can I ask that next year we can maybe leave the final line-up till the weekend before the Festival?[/QUOTE said:
A lot of us would need to leave the final line-up until the weekend AFTER the Festival to have any chance.

Many congrats trudij for one of the few respectable results here.

Many thanks to the organizers, score keepers and fellow participants who made it all so entertaining.

Well done Troods.! Hope your actual returns reflected your choices in thee the comp.

Thanks to New Approach who puts a lot of work in and each year provides more information, also to Grey for organising everything and being a measured overseer of its running.

Well done to Trudij on winning the main prize of 150 pounds and the Alan Morgan Trophy.

Each way returns from Hurricane Fly at 16/1, Somersby at 33/1 and Moon Racer at 16/1 built the winning total. Trudi is a previous winner of the MVP (most valuable portfolio) prize in this competition and so becomes the first person to win either of the two prizes in this competition in different years. Trudi the shrewdie.

Thanks again to NewApproach for the big job of recording all the selections made in this competition, calculating their notional value and the actual returns.

Thanks also to Grasshopper and Tout Seul for their contributions to the prize fund and the trophy and to everyone who took part.

Congratulations, Trudij - a worthy winner.

Two things to note:

1. Art, please let me know who I need to send the £100 prize money to, so that I can make arrangements to pay. I don't think Roddy was around at the time we set this up, so if the full-bhina needs to go to Trudij, then just let me know.
2. Steve T has been posted missing for a while, and the whereabouts of the trophy are unknown. After the first one went missing, I contacted him via PM to make arrangements to send the replacement. However, when I contacted him to advise it had been posted, he replied to say that he had since moved house (though hadn't thought to tell me of this when we'd exchanged PMs apreviously). There hasn't been any sighting of him on here since then, I don't think, so it's possible that Trudij has been paying for a cash prize only. :(

I wouldn't Maurco, this was a total fluke !!!!

As for the trophy, Im sure it was lovely - have we a picture of it so I can hold that aloft instead? ;)
That's the kind of postage thing that only normally happens to me - I think Alan has got it up there with him :)

Rest assured I will take full advantage of the bragging rights ;)

The Winter Prize goes to the person with the best overall performance between the two parts of the Ante Post Competition and the Ten To Follow. The standings after Cheltenham are shown below.

The scores are based on the ranking positions in each of the competitions after those not taking part in both have been removed from consideration. First place in the Most Valuable Portfolio ranking (MVP) scores one point, second scores two points, etc. The rankings for the main prize (AP) and the Ten To Follow (TTF) score double points. The points are then totalled to give the Winter Prize (WP) scores.

chroniclandlord is leading the pack and somebody is going to need a very good Aintree and Punchestown to overhaul him, it seems. Here are his selections:

Abbyssial
Annie Power
Boston Bob
Faugheen
More of That
Shaneshill
Silviniaco Conti
The New One
Vautour
Free Expression (Dark Horse)

And here is the leader board:

attachment.php

Attachments

• winter prize leaderboard.jpg
    winter prize leaderboard.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 78
I am delighted to report that Steve T has been in touch, and that the Alan Morgan Trophy has been recovered. Not sure if it's the original or replacement, but that hardly matters.

Trudij, Steve T will be in touch shortly to make arrangements to send it onto you.

Alls well that ends well. :cool:

The up-to-date leader board for the Winter Prize is shown below. The Winter Prize goes to the person with the best overall performance between the two parts of the Ante Post Competition and the Ten To Follow.

The scores are based on the ranking positions in each of the competitions after those not taking part in both have been removed from consideration. First place in the Most Valuable Portfolio ranking (MVP) scores one point, second scores two points, etc. The rankings for the main prize (AP) and the Ten To Follow (TTF) score double points. The points are then totalled to give the Winter Prize (WP) scores.

chroniclandlord is still leading the pack but Maxbet has moved from 5th to 2nd place, and so will keep him honest heading into the last day of Aintree and Punchestown.

attachment.php

Back