Cheltenham Ante Post Competition - Feb Entries

I'd consider proper bets on the likes of Big Bucks and Hurricane Fly nearer the day if they drift, but am happy to leave them alone for now.

Hi, are you the same Steve M who thinks on the CH thread that Hurricane Fly can get beat this year. Surely this is all a bit contradictory SteveM?

Or is your position on the others so good you can afford to have a 'proper bet' on Hurricane Fly?

I'm baffled.

Last edited:
Hi, are you the same Steve M who thinks on the CH thread that Hurricane Fly can get beat this year. Surely this is all a bit contradictory SteveM?

Or is your position on the others so good you can afford to have a 'proper bet' on Hurricane Fly?

I'm baffled.

It simple Marble. I believe that HF just about deserves to be favourite but that he can certainly be beat and is the wrong price. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole at current odds and will ignore him unless he drifted to a point that made it sensible to protect my downside. I'd want something like 7/2 against now, or perhaps a little shorter on the day. I don't expect to get this and am consequently happy to exclude him from my book.

Every horse has its price where value is concerned.

I stand to win a big chunk of money if Binocular wins for example, so I might be prepared to defend my downside with the horse or horses with the likeliest chances of beating him (subject to price). HF would be one of those horses.

Last edited:
Yes, you have £1k left so that's your bank empty now.

Sorry I'm a bit late with the up to date lists but will have them up tomorrow hopefully.

Members with all £2000 for February left (up until last night) as follows:

Swedish Chef
Soary Stars
kauto
chroniclandlord
Hamm
Prince Regent
top cat
Cantoris
granger
marrfood
suny bay
Desperate Dan
LUKE
Tanlic
Barchester
Kicking King

Those to complete February's bets:

Irish Stamp £1500
perpetual £1400
NewApproach £1300
Grasshopper £1200
viking £1200
Grey £1000
Tout Seul £1000
Zenyatta £600
Arkwright £500
del boy £500
Clunatic £250
Roddy Owen £200

The first lists can be seen here - only those who have added Feb bets are on them.

links781 - I've just greyed out the horses you didn't want to include in your portfolio, you can still change your mind about which ones to lose if there are new announcements etc before next Wednesday.

All the (presumed or definite) non runners are left in the lists this time but greyed out.

The tables shaded in blue are those that are complete - although some may need to have horses removed from the portfolios.

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 20
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 19
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 19
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 17
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 16
Here's the next set of lists, sorry there's so many :( but they are still alphabetical so if you've put in selections for Feb and are near the beginning of the alphabet you should be in the first couple of images.

Attachments

• m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 15
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 16
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 20
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 23
  • m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 20
Next lot here.........

Attachments

• m11.jpg
    m11.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 20
  • m12.jpg
    m12.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 19
  • m14.jpg
    m14.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 23
  • m15.jpg
    m15.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 21
  • m16.jpg
    m16.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 22
and finally......

Let me know if you spot any mistakes.

Attachments

• m17.jpg
    m17.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 21
  • m18.jpg
    m18.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 17
Looks like Rule 10 applies Simon. Originally 25 Feb but it seems this has been put back to 29 Feb.

10. Participants can indicate on or before the cut-off date of 29 Feb which horses they want to include in their final portfolio, otherwise the ten most recently selected will be chosen by default.

As I hardly ever read rules I've been betting with no regard whatsoever of getting a team of 10 together. I fear I've been inefficient and diluted my chances. I'll post my team of 10 soon.

Last edited:
links781 - I've just greyed out the horses you didn't want to include in your portfolio, you can still change your mind about which ones to lose if there are new announcements etc before next Wednesday.

I'll just be making one change to the list thanks,Last instalment out,replaced by Hinterland please, thanks.

Last edited:
One selection

Same horse same race = one selection, no matter how many times, or when, you top up your bet, to a max of £1500.

1000 win Going Wrong Centenary Novice Chase @ 16/1 Bet365 (my previous bet was also for this race and not the Jewson)

1000 win Sir Des Champs Jewson Novice Chase 6/1 general

Back