Cheltenham Day 1

I wonder if Paul Nichols has any chance of training even 1 winner at the Festival.

I have backed his in the Supreme and hope it wins but he just sin't getting the top class horses like he used to.

No disrespect to him as a trainer he's still a top man but his biigest names this season have been Knappera Hill and Bravemansgame and neither has a hope in hell of winning at the festival IMO

With all this rain forecast I wonder if Nicky is considering the Mares for Marie's Rock now. I don't think it matters too much given the likelihood of decent ground by the time the new course is utilised but you can see him worrying about her getting home in a potential soft ground stayers. Brandy Love is my biggest position of the week and I would love soft ground as that eliminates Honeysuckle and Epatante pretty much. Love Envoi would come into it but a Harry Fry with a long gap between races isn't a place I want to be.

I wonder if Paul Nichols has any chance of training even 1 winner at the Festival.

I have backed his in the Supreme and hope it wins but he just sin't getting the top class horses like he used to.

No disrespect to him as a trainer he's still a top man but his biigest names this season have been Knappera Hill and Bravemansgame and neither has a hope in hell of winning at the festival IMO

He did an interview preview thing at the point to point on Sunday but it was very rushed. He did mention something he was keen on but I need to check my notes...it was BMG though.

Haven’t seen any lists of acceptors yet, but Honeysuckle and Epatante both left in the Champion Hurdle per Twitter.

Moloney reports Honeysuckle “still 98% certain to run in Mares”.

Which day is the next stage of decs?

This NRNB spoils everything they are really taking the pizz with some of the prices on offer which are all bad value imo

Which day is the next stage of decs?

This NRNB spoils everything they are really taking the pizz with some of the prices on offer which are all bad value imo

They’re 6 day decs so should be today but I wouldn’t expect much to change until Sunday.

David Pipe has a 5yr old just purchased in feb entered in the Ultima and the midlands grand national.

Even for the Pipes thats a big ask for a 5 yr old.

Iceo Madrid.

I half expected Sharjah to be rerouted from a bad defeat by State Man to the County on Friday. He's still in the CH though.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I turned on racing at Lingfield and it was snowing heavily...tend to forget about the ups and downs of uk weather living here. Anyway it has turned the thoughts of Messrs Henderson and Palin on their heads. Now the truth comes out and suddenly Nicky is saying Stayers for Maries Rock despite the weather which is always what he wanted to do and Palin who was 100% Stayers is having second thoughts thinking she might not get the Stayers trip in soft ground so they have gone back to the drawing board

A lot depends on whether or not Blazing khaki runs and the going.
If its soft and BK runs then it will be the Mares from my source.

Sources are 10 a penny You have to think like Nicky thinks.

Soft ground being the key or not Nicky will convince them to run in the Stayers. IMVHO

If it doesn't suit her she isn't going to win the Mares anyway and she's better off going to the Stayers where the big money is in the hope of picking up at least 3rd place or better.

At the end of the day it's all about the money and the horses welfare and she wont come to any harm she wont get over if she doesn't get the trip

William Hills scratch of the day today is:

EPIC Odds - Champion Hurdle, Tue 14 15:35

Constitution Hill To Win The Champion Hurdle - Was 1/3 - Bet Up To £10 - Epic Odds.....EVS

Last edited:
That would be ok if we had 500 accounts Max but as it stands I have zero in my betting accounts anyway...shoved the lot on the Hill already........I haven't looked but I bet it's not even cash you can draw out anyway just a tenner bet at a minimum price??????

No interest in the Fred Winter or NHC.

With the rain I'm not 100% convinced GdM will stay fully so I've been looking for a proper boat and Tenzing appeals. Well beat by Mahler Mission last time out but he stayed on well enough and he'll relish this trip. 25s or so win only as he's a bit of a scratchy jumper.

With the rain I'm not 100% convinced GdM will stay fully so I've been looking for a proper boat and Tenzing appeals. Well beat by Mahler Mission last time out but he stayed on well enough and he'll relish this trip. 25s or so win only as he's a bit of a scratchy jumper.

Coolvalla. 100s available

I was tried 5 times to back Matata on Betfair nor for the fun of it than anything but kept getting a message "There was a problem placing your bet" Turned out the site went down.

Was sick as a parrot when I saw how easily he won.

Would love to see him turn up at Cheltemham or Aintree......really exciting horse to watch because he's mad as a hatter but could be anything

WAR SOLDIER 150S when it was 4th at wetherby I put it in my tracker and noted it needs 2m 4 f.
It won its next 2 races including beating MATATA.
It came down to Cheltenham and stepped up in trip but ran disappointing being tailed off.
They now send it to sandown over 2m 4f which its bred for.
Ew bet at 50/1

We could have a problem here. The winds are now forecast to progress from Monday into Tuesday lunchtime and I’m seeing 45 mph at midday Tuesday at Cheltenham according to BBC website.

Back