Cheltenham Day 2

how on earth has that monster been allowed to drift to a bsp of 4.64......

looks everything that'd been hinted at being for the last few weeks

I think I summed him up to a T but maybe I was wrong suggesting this race would suit him more than
the Supreme. He was cantering all over them for most of the race and Paul if you look closely took a giant pull at the top of the hill he was so confident.

I reckon if CH goies chasing we may have seen next years Champion Hurdle winner

Paul Nicholls (pre-race) and Harry Cobden (post-race) moaning about tactics being done to suit Mullins when their horse wasn't even on my tv screen coming to the last isn't a good look for them

Gaelic Warrior has ran a blinder and was getting very visibly held back by Patrick mid race when he jumped alongside IEP. it was definitely done to stop him jumping into the winner and i think GW would have maybe been a bit closer to him if allowed to stride on. also I've still no idea how he didn't win the Boodles last year :confused:

Very uncomplicated horse. Townend always looked in total ease

I think the balkymore will be a far better race than the Supreme in terms of future winners

Completely agree. I was underwhelmed by the horses in the Supreme yesterday. Whereas today’s were far nicer. However I still feel that these smaller fields are a real disappointment.

Paul Nicholls (pre-race) and Harry Cobden (post-race) moaning about tactics being done to suit Mullins when their horse wasn't even on my tv screen coming to the last isn't a good look for them

Gaelic Warrior has ran a blinder and was getting very visibly held back by Patrick mid race when he jumped alongside IEP. it was definitely done to stop him jumping into the winner and i think GW would have maybe been a bit closer to him if allowed to stride on. also I've still no idea how he didn't win the Boodles last year :confused:

I hear what you are saying buto be fair to Paul Nicholls he must be as sick as a parrot because he just isn't getting a cut at the best novices around.

If it continues we may be coming to the end of an era when he is no longer top dog despite his obvious abilites.

Onld say you can only pee with what you have and he's just not getting the goods he deserves......

I hear what you are saying buto be fair to Paul Nicholls he must be as sick as a parrot because he just isn't getting a cut at the best novices around.

If it continues we may be coming to the end of an era when he is no longer top dog despite his obvious abilites.

Onld say you can only pee with what you have and he's just not getting the goods he deserves......

i think it's also the type of horse he gets sent than the actual ability. they never tend to show their best until they go over fences Tanlic. he couldn't even get Denman to win this race!

i think every trainer has a right to frustrated with the ridiculous level of artillery Mullins has year after year compared to others but bellyaching about tactics when deep down I think he knew today wasn't going to be his day is just deflecting from what he's really frustrated about.

That was not nice. When they jumped the last and Gerri started thundering home my mind went back to the much more painful Champ/Minella Indo renewal and I though I'm due here. Wrong side both times unfortunately.

Bold Endeavour a real eyecatcher in the Coral Cup. Glad he got fifth as he went widest of them all throughout but stayed on really well.

Last edited:
i think it's also the type of horse he gets sent than the actual ability. they never tend to show their best until they go over fences Tanlic. he couldn't even get Denman to win this race!

i think every trainer has a right to frustrated with the ridiculous level of artillery Mullins has year after year compared to others but bellyaching about tactics when deep down I think he knew today wasn't going to be his day is just deflecting from what he's really frustrated about.

Funny enough I was discussing Mullins with a lady on SM who is connected to the stable and he has something 140 horses who have won at least 1 race this season. That isn't just down to the level of artillary that is awesome training by anyones standard....I think the only opperson who had a hit rate like tat was Michael Dickinson who had about 50 horses and won 100 races with the one season

What a horse he is! He just does his job doesn't he, he's so dependable and that was just silky smooth, great from Energumene, what on earth happened to Edwardstone mind, hated the ground? He never looked comfortable even after 2 or 3 furlongs!

Different class.

I was a bit lucky,did Greaneteen 3 places.did well to stay on his feet after that mistake.

Back