Cheltenham Day 4 bets

Like to thank Slim again would have been a disaster without his double yesterday.

Peace and Co will make the difference between and exceptionally good Cheltenham for me and a good one.

I also have n AP bet on Many Clouds to win a few hundred quid but not that confident in him as I was.

I've turned the Gold Cup inside out and upside down ad I keep coming to the same conclusion.

With Conagree in the race stamina is going to be all important but so is actually getting to him.

A horse who does stay and has a bit of speed about him is SMAD PLACE.

He's been brought along steadily by Alan King and don't forget he almost won the RSA last season.

I really never gave him much thought but there's so may holes in the others I'm having an EW bet on him.

I'll Dutch 4 horses to cover my stake and show a small profit if any win it Djakadam, Road to Riches, Many Clouds and Lord Windermere.

Hunters SamWalley Cohen should win that he's on the best horse and he's probably the best jockey

AP McCoys last mount in his own race Ned Butline..........feel like a fool if he wins and I don't have a few quid on.

I just read Marbles selections I forgot about On Tour who I earmarked as a winner wherever he ran.

If Peace and Co wins I'll have a good bet on On Tour (will back him anyway) who I think is one of the best handicapped horses in the country

Last edited:
2:05 Sort It Out

3:20 Coneygree (I hope this pays off for them).

4:40 On Tour

Last edited:
Peace and co - Antepost position quite strong as I have a couple of fancy prices for small stakes but mostly 4s and 3's.like Tanlic this result will make a good week into very good.Im not one to lay I just can't do it!im not confident at all though.Think Hargam could be fast improving.

quick jack small ew

blaklion antepost-I know he'll try his guts out for me but I think he is just shy of top quality.Ill be backing black Hercules tomorrow too.

road to riches antepost-if the rain does come I have to have a go at coneygree.Will back many clouds also.

paint the clouds.

roi de francs and vieux lion rouge.

mccoys and east lake in last

Come nowhere near on the p/pot this week so I'll think I'll save my stake and tomorrow and invest on an each way double road to riches and black Hercules.

good luck all,been a great week.

Edit:2 x£10 double specials in my local independant

Hargam and ned buntline McCoy special 45/1

Roi de francs and black Hercules 30/1

Last edited:
Peace And Co
Definitly Red ew is my biggest bet of the week
Road To Riches ew

Rich Coast will win the County and should be doubled with Paint the Clouds in the Hunter.

Exacta in the FH - Paint the Clouds with Noble Prince.

Last edited:
10/1 Peace & Co antepost

E/W singles and a treble on No More Heroes, Many Clouds & Salsify

E/W on Grumeti in the last

4 places for all except the potato race

Last edited:
Value at Risk, Blaklion and Tea for Two in the AB. All each way

Boston Bob and Smad Place in the big one, the latter at 25s each way and place only at 7s.

Peace+Co- Not overly convinced by him but the price has improved and I have a couple of free bets to use!
Princely Conn and Baltimore Rock in the county
9/1 AP on No More Heroes
E/W treble on
Hargam-4 places
Martello Tower
Silviniaco Conti-4 places
Road To Riches-win only
E/W treble on
Peace+Co
Quick Jack
Rois Des Frances

Last edited:
One from Uk and One from Ireland each race....

13.30 Peace and Co & Petite Parisienne
14.05 Baltimore Rock & Sort It Out
14.40 Out Sam & Black Hercules
15.20 Many Clouds & Road To Riches
16.00 Paint The Clouds & On The Fringe
16.40 Forthefunofit & Roi Des Francs
17.15 Solar Impulse & Ned Buntline

Peace & Co (main bet) , Stars over the Sea & Beltor (headgear system)
Commissioned
Tea for two (headgear system)
Conti (main bet) & Many Clouds (saver)
On the Fringe
On Tour / Mckinley , Viex Lion Rouge & Bordoni (headgear system)
Grumeti (headgear system)

PEACE AND CO
ROAD TO RICHES ew
PAINT THE CLOUDS (nap) and Brackloon High ew
ON TOUR ew
BLOOD COTIL
RICH COAST ew
No More Heroes

Only interested in One today BALGARRY in the Martin Pipe

LTO ridden with pace from 2 out but could never get close to Violet Dancer at in the 32 red H/C Hurdle at Sandown. previously in the Betfair Hurdle he chased the leaders and was left in 2nd place ridden from then on and lost his place before weakening coming to the last hurdle and finished in the ruck 9th. Interesting for the point of the nature of the race and hes fairly waited

I just read Marbles selections I forgot about On Tour who I earmarked as a winner wherever he ran.

If Peace and Co wins I'll have a good bet on On Tour (will back him anyway) who I think is one of the best handicapped horses in the country

Agree he's well handicapped but this race bears no resemblance to a handicap. There's 5lbs between number 2 and number 24. If you believe he's the best horse in the race then crack on.

Only interested in One today BALGARRY e/w in the Martin Pipe

LTO ridden with pace from 2 out but could never get close to Violet Dancer at in the 32 red H/C Hurdle at Sandown. previously in the Betfair Hurdle he chased the leaders and was left in 2nd place ridden from then on and lost his place before weakening coming to the last hurdle and finished in the ruck 9th. Interesting for the point of the nature of the race and hes fairly waited

Selections for today:-

No bet in the 1st due to my Peace & Co accy. Still haven't decided whether to lay some off or not.
Quick Jack along with the rest of Ireland
Blacklion with a small e/w on Shantou Bob
Conti with a free bet on Many Clouds as well
On The Fringe
Killultagh Vic & Shelford
Grumeti & Blood Cotil

e/w multiple covering all possibilities

Blacklion/No more Heroes
Conti/Many Clouds
On The Fringe/Paint The Clouds
Grumeti/Blood Cotil.

Not sure what possessed me to include the Grand Annual in that.

Rich Coast
Blaklion
Many Clouds/Conti
Paint the Clouds
Grumeti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
County Hurdle. Forced Family Fun looked set to be placed in the Betfair Hurdle, but for a mistake two out which knocked the stuffing out of him. Gets an advantage at the weights here with Cheltenian & Violet Dancer, and will be suited to any rain that has got into the ground. There is a form line with Balgarry, Rayvin Black (2nd in Imperial) & Bouvreuil (2nd in Fred Winter). 8-1 5 places, and a stab at the 60's on the win appeals to me, and should he run well I would also be keen on On Tour in the Martin Pipe who i also tied in with this form line.

County Hurdle. Forced Family Fun looked set to be placed in the Betfair Hurdle, but for a mistake two out which knocked the stuffing out of him. Gets an advantage at the weights here with Cheltenian & Violet Dancer, and will be suited to any rain that has got into the ground. There is a form line with Balgarry, Rayvin Black (2nd in Imperial) & Bouvreuil (2nd in Fred Winter). 8-1 5 places, and a stab at the 60's on the win appeals to me, and should he run well I would also be keen on On Tour in the Martin Pipe who i also tied in with this form line.
I often think the original owners of this horse were made to go on trips to the museum or it was a tradition to all sit and watch The antiques roadshow on a sunday night...

Think someone asked me on the chatroom last night to post whether I was going to lay off on Peace & Co or not. Well I've decided to lay off about 20% for those who care!

It guarantees me a small profit if he gets beat but I still get to cheer him on for a big win.

Not sure when to hit the button though. He seems to be shortening all the time.

Last edited:
Back