V Williams 7
Greatrex 7
F O'Brien 7
Fry 5
O'Neill 4
E Williams 4
Harrington 4
Mullholland 4

This gives an indication of the depth of talent in Closutton.

Willie has re-built in style following the loss of the Gigginstown horses last season.

Good post Chronic.

Willie has a battalion of horses. I'd say there has never been a better trainer of mares.

Certainly repopulated post Gigi.

New owners like Sullivan have helped.

Chronic's post there speaks volumes about Elliot being more impressive than WPM. Only half the amount of runners, yet only one winner less. It's only a matter of time before Elliot overtakes him imo. When Gordon wins the Irish trainers title, wether that is this year or next, I think he'll just kick on again.

You are coming across as being very sour.

How so. I have stated a simple fact.

I like Elliot and Mullins and they clearly know the time of day.
I don't really care whose yard they are in as it's about the horse for me.

Number of Cheltenham runners this week

Mullins 62
Henderson 35
Elliott 33
Nicholls 27
Tizzard 20
Twiston -Davies 19
de Bromhead 16
King 14
Skelton 13
George 12
Hobbs 11
Pipe 9
JP O'Brien 9
Moore 8
N Williams 7
V Williams 7
Greatrex 7
F O'Brien 7
Fry 5
O'Neill 4
E Williams 4
Harrington 4
Mullholland 4

This gives an indication of the depth of talent in Closutton.

Willie has re-built in style following the loss of the Gigginstown horses last season.

Striking but lot of mullins horses clustered in certain races - ran a fair few in mares novice when he had guaranteed winner

When Jonjo took over the training of Dream Berry he landed a huge gamble with him but it almost went wrong when he burst a blood vessel in the closing stages.

After along lay off he won again then ran a cracker in Ireland just beaten by Open Eagle.

He's been off since but I hear through the grapevine he's in excellent form and expected to run a big race

Obviously a tough ask but wouldn't be the first time Jonjo pulled it off with one at a big priced 25/1 EW

Might break my rule of no more than a tenner ew in these handicap if Dream Berry is placed.............

Le Prezien was a big gamble in the Johnny Henderson last year and ran well enough considering the ground was a bit too lively for him.

In the Caspian Caviar Gold Cup Handicap Chase he was recorded as making a mistake at the 3rd last what was more like a trip when he landed.

Whatever!!!!! it stopped him dead and that was that. What the form book doesn't tell you as he was a bit unsighted is he really clouted 1 possibly 2 prior to that so it wasn't his day.

He ran a very good race in the Bet Victor Gold Cup Handicap Chase behind Splash of Ginge over slightly shorter again on this course.

If he can polish up his jumping this 2 miles on Heavy ground might be exactly what he needs and that man PN seldom goes home empty handed

Le Prezien 14/1 EW to go home :lol: OR maybe :thumbsdown:

Like Le Prezien also. Nice form boost yesterday and 2m and soft is his optimum conditions

Last edited:
I haven't really studied the races in depth I'm afraid [just using various systems, of which I now have too many] but I did find myself making a case for Bouvreuil even though I'm not sure about him over 2 miles. Has placed in a lot of races against good horses over the years. Wasn't much of a price, though, by the time I backed it.. Having Missed Missed Approach yesterday I'm not going to ignore last years festival form today. I'd really like to do a forecast with the P Nicholls horses in the Foxhunters, but don't know how to do it, but I do fancy Unioniste [which I have backed].

Chronic's post there speaks volumes about Elliot being more impressive than WPM. Only half the amount of runners, yet only one winner less. It's only a matter of time before Elliot overtakes him imo. When Gordon wins the Irish trainers title, wether that is this year or next, I think he'll just kick on again.
Interestingly, this is almost the reverse of the Irish racing stats. The last published showed Gordon with 178 winners from 1006 runners and Willie 177 from 576. Gordon is about 400k ahead in prize-money.

Everyone surely knows by now that Gordon goes hard all season and Willie targets the festivals. Neither method is wrong and both are fine trainers but those who carp about where the rich owners send their horses might like to ponder that Willie's 7 winners are for, I think, 7 different owners.

And some of the horses GE wins with, are cheap plodders who he knows how to get competitive. He did spend time with Pipe Snr. Seems to have picked up more than David.

Willie also has some very unusual sires which have little jumps breeding success that have reaped rewards.

Money helps but there is more to it than just that.

Plenty of expensive pointers have gone to the UK over the last 3years.

Vaniteux in the getting-out-alive stakes..... I'm just hoping the jolly wins the Foxhunters at 4:10..... so I can get more on...

I've not really landed a proper blow since Shantou Flyer placed and Mister Whitaker won on Tuesday, apart from the odd placer.

With Vaniteux, I believe I will snatch victory from the jaws of defeat!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Might break my rule of no more than a tenner ew in these handicap if Dream Berry is placed.............

Le Prezien was a big gamble in the Johnny Henderson last year and ran well enough considering the ground was a bit too lively for him.

In the Caspian Caviar Gold Cup Handicap Chase he was recorded as making a mistake at the 3rd last what was more like a trip when he landed.

Whatever!!!!! it stopped him dead and that was that. What the form book doesn't tell you as he was a bit unsighted is he really clouted 1 possibly 2 prior to that so it wasn't his day.

He ran a very good race in the Bet Victor Gold Cup Handicap Chase behind Splash of Ginge over slightly shorter again on this course.

If he can polish up his jumping this 2 miles on Heavy ground might be exactly what he needs and that man PN seldom goes home empty handed

Le Prezien 14/1 EW to go home :lol: OR maybe :thumbsdown:

Well done mate you're too good for this place :lol:

Native River +10 to 176
Coo Star Sivola +8 to 150
Altior +5 to 175
Might Bite +3 to 173
Impulsive Star +1 to 133
Beware The Bear -1 to 149
Minella Present -2 to 132
Romain De Senam -2 to 140
Singlefarmpayment -3 to 142

Summerville Boy +6 (156)