Cheltenham handicaps

Rj showing the class act that he is

Agreed.

I do have sympathy for DJ - He's under massive pressure at Ditcheat, whether or not he made the decision not to ride Big Buck's (and that's debatable) that's how it has been pitched to the media and he has come under huge scrutiny for it, had his bottle questioned etc and today's the day that all comes to a head again, he was criticised for his ride on Katgary yesterday, his predecessor is running away with the top jockey award and he thought he'd got there after a good ride for a win which would have taken the pressure off one of the biggest yards in the sport.

He's not made of stone, no wonder he reacted under that amount of pressure.

Johnson would have won on either of the first two, DJ gave him a great ride cruised down the hill, allowed him to fill up keeping him tanking as the others began to row...but didn't have the same strength in the finish as Dickie..

Going to be harsh here but i dont

Hes lost a photo. So what? Life goes on. Should think about JT mcnamara and get on with it. And get a grip

RJ, three day ban for not allowing Fingal Bay time to respond to the whip to add to the four day ban he received yesterday.

No problem with Jacob getting passionate. What this game is all about.
Make no mistake, he would have moved on after 5 mins.

big tip for THERES NO PANIC in the 4.40 this horse has been held back in his races and won wellish last time, I am pretty sure he,s on a very good mark and with favoured conditions he should win, but we will see.

Cause of Causes and his bloody jumping - looked sure to win until belting the last .

Ballynagour - I think an explanation for that improvement is called for . Probably because I backed Colour Squadron !

Just shows how many JP plots up for a typical festival.. GMOOH (2nd) colour squadron (2nd) cause of causes (2nd) and it's only thurs... His bookmaker will be happy

Pipe and Jonjo seem to be masters at hiding a horses true ability until March. I'm not sure that is devious or very good race planning/placing of horses. I actually wonder if some of Pipe's horses are not as injured/not quite right as made out. He seems very good at bringing them back into form by March.

I backed ballynagour and was more chuckling than cheering when I saw scu swinging off the bit approaching the last.. Must of had at least a stone in hand!!

Was going to leave the handicaps alone today but got to back Cheltenian. Thought last run was very promising in ground he may not relish. Hardly on a bad mark for an easy champion bumper winner

Was going to leave the handicaps alone today but got to back Cheltenian. Thought last run was very promising in ground he may not relish. Hardly on a bad mark for an easy champion bumper winner

I went to a festival preview in Pudsey and Matt Taylor from Timeform chose Cheltenian as his bet of the week and he also fancied Tanks For That. Still lightly raced and bags of potential. Course form a plus too. Good luck with it, I've backed it too but each way.

Agreed.

I do have sympathy for DJ - He's under massive pressure at Ditcheat, whether or not he made the decision not to ride Big Buck's (and that's debatable) that's how it has been pitched to the media and he has come under huge scrutiny for it, had his bottle questioned etc and today's the day that all comes to a head again, he was criticised for his ride on Katgary yesterday, his predecessor is running away with the top jockey award and he thought he'd got there after a good ride for a win which would have taken the pressure off one of the biggest yards in the sport.

He's not made of stone, no wonder he reacted under that amount of pressure.

Nicholls will surely replace him as number 1 before the start of next season NF, SWD and even Derham are better...:lol:

My comments just the catalyst needed...

Last edited:
Cant remember who gave us Lac Fontana a couple of month back, Either Frankel or Maxbet??
Well done anyway
Even though I was on Arctic Fire!

I backed ballynagour and was more chuckling than cheering when I saw scu swinging off the bit approaching the last.. Must of had at least a stone in hand!!

After timing :(

I have never experienced a day like today at Cheltenham - full of all the wrong sort of incidents . I am becoming of the view that novices have no place in the Grand Annual . For all the Bellvanos who have won it too many fall in it . Raya Star today who met his end was clearly completely unused to jumping fences at that speed . I know that the Arkle also tends to be run at a gallop but seldom the breakneck pace of this race .

I miss the County being the last race of the day - all fizzles out after the Gold Cup now .

Back