Cheltenham Handicaps

Fred wins the Kim Muir if he has a trainer. Ive had a tasty amount at various prices on this horse and then this **** storm happened. Couldn’t make it up.

Koshari in the Coral Cup seems an obvious one.

I backed GENTLEMAN DE MEE nrnb at 25s for the ballymore so it's been given a mark of 139 and has been backed from 16s into 7s for the m.pipe.

Last edited:
Really?

It just depends what comes out, Max.

In the 2019 cheltenham festival Coral Cup a horse rated 133 made the cut. However, last years renewal had higher rated horses in the final field, meaning the cut off point went up to nearly 140.

As I say, I've got him anti post non runner no bet.

Fingers crossed.

If he doesn't make not the end of the world.

Last edited:
I've gone for a bet I've never done before at this stage, an ew ante-post yankee on four of the hcaps.

No in-depth form-study on my part, just a balance of horses that are highly-rated on RPRs (not far off my own figures but to a slightly different scale), from likely stables and likely to make the cut:

Ultima – Hold The Note 33s
Coral Cup – Go Another One 33s
FWKM – The Mighty Don 33s
County – Darasso 40s

All NRNB

A life-changer if it comes up :lol:

Agree.

Needs nearly 50 to come out? Forget it.

I see Gordon Elliot has at least half a dozen entries. Maybe a few of those will drop out.

I think my fancy might just scrape in. He's not much higher in the handicap for the Martin Pipe, no 71 I believe. So I'm hopeful they'll at least try and declare for the Coral.

I see my old friend Boreham Bill is in there too.

Last edited:
I've gone for a bet I've never done before at this stage, an ew ante-post yankee on four of the hcaps.

No in-depth form-study on my part, just a balance of horses that are highly-rated on RPRs (not far off my own figures but to a slightly different scale), from likely stables and likely to make the cut:

County – Darasso 40s

All NRNB

A Caveat to these type of bets:
Don't be fooled by nrnb in these type of bets. You may well think you are covering yourself but your not. Let's say two of them get there and two don't. I unit will be recovered, but the other 10 bets now become, 2 singles and a double. One goes down, your left with 3 bets on the single, you've lost 8 units.

A Caveat to these type of bets:
Don't be fooled by nrnb in these type of bets. You may well think you are covering yourself but your not. Let's say two of them get there and two don't. I unit will be recovered, but the other 10 bets now become, 2 singles and a double. One goes down, your left with 3 bets on the single, you've lost 8 units.

Yes, I'm aware of the implications, Maxbet. I should have added that I think they are more likely than not to run. No harm in having the singles, if only to small stakes.

One goes down, your left with 3 bets on the single, you've lost 8 units.

That would be the case if I backed them on the day anyway and ended up with two non-runners and one loser.

I'm not expecting the horses to be those prices on the day of the race because if they're highly-rated by RPR they'll be highly rated by Timeform and lazy racing tipsters will have used them as the basis of selections.

County – Darasso 40s

All NRNB

Darasso ill he backing wherever he turns up. His campaigning to this point has to suggest he’s being aimed at something here.

Coral Cup seems the likely target I’d imagine though DO.

Darasso ill he backing wherever he turns up. His campaigning to this point has to suggest he’s being aimed at something here.

Coral Cup seems the likely target I’d imagine though DO.

I'm more inclined to think he will be used to boss the handicap, he has run in various races over different distances, always to the same mark. He's hardly been hiding... a good measuring tool.

edit: Darasso is entered in a Gimme on Sunday... won't turn down 10 grand and will get min 4Lb...enhances my theory

Last edited:
Back