Cheltenham Handicaps

A Caveat to these type of bets:
Don't be fooled by nrnb in these type of bets. You may well think you are covering yourself but your not. Let's say two of them get there and two don't. I unit will be recovered, but the other 10 bets now become, 2 singles and a double. One goes down, your left with 3 bets on the single, you've lost 8 units.

You're kidding me right? If you have 3 winners and a void you get a return off every bet.

Who mentioned winners, read it again DO

Maxbet, that's the second time in a day or two you've referred to me in a reply that was made (as far as I can see) to someone else.

Are you okay?

(Unless you've actually got it into your head that Slim and I are alter egos of each other, which I reckon Slim would find pretty laughable.)

Maxbet, that's the second time in a day or two you've referred to me in a reply that was made (as far as I can see) to someone else.

Are you okay?

(Unless you've actually got it into your head that Slim and I are alter egos of each other, which I reckon Slim would find pretty laughable.)

We've never been seen in the same room but you love a ******* essay...

Are you okay?

Should have been - read it again please do

There are very few firms not NRNB.

All I did was worn people who may not realise that nrnb can fool you into thinking you're protected by the non runners. You are in singles, but when multi bets roll on, the losers compound the loss...

You and DO feel the need to defend all the time, it's just a bit of advice..if it's not, just ignore it!

All I did was worn people who may not realise that nrnb can fool you into thinking you're protected by the non runners. You are in singles, but when multi bets roll on, the losers compound the loss...

You and DO feel the need to defend all the time, it's just a bit of advice..if it's not, just ignore it!

It's **** advice.

Speaking as someone who had Ravenhill for the Kim Muir and not the NHC last year in perms with 3 JP winners NRNB was very very good to me.

Perhaps, Maxbet, but you don't seem to take into consideration the fact that I have been betting horses for 50 years and know the implications of non-runners in bets like yankees and Slim works/has worked in the industry.

One thing I try to be conscious of on this forum is that my 'style', if I can call it that, can come across as 'professorial', as AC once put it, and I'm aware that I sometimes don't get the balance right between trying to be helpful towards newbies and younger punters and coming across as condescending.

Both Slim and I could offer you some reciprocal advice. If you feel our posts betray a lack of shrewdness in our betting approach, feel free to ignore them.

:)

Coming from a man who thinks tying up money in ante-post is a waste...make your mind uptime!

Now you're just downright misquoting me. I said there is no point backing horses NRNB for races there is no chance they will go for. I wouldn't be on this forum discussing races/bets if I thought AP betting wasn't profitable.

Last edited:
I notice That Nico is not riding beware The Bear on Saturday, most likely he's on O K Corral. Jerry McGraph is out injured, so the ride was available. So Nico must be planning on riding another of the Hendo team in the National itself...

Perhaps, Maxbet, but you don't seem to take into consideration the fact that I have been betting horses for 50 years and know the implications of non-runners in bets like yankees and Slim works/has worked in the industry.

One thing I try to be conscious of on this forum is that my 'style', if I can call it that, can come across as 'professorial', as AC once put it, and I'm aware that I sometimes don't get the balance right between trying to be helpful towards newbies and younger punters and coming across as condescending.

Both Slim and I could offer you some reciprocal advice. If you feel our posts betray a lack of shrewdness in our betting approach, feel free to ignore them.

:)

I too have been betting for 50 years, I've just bought a Narrowboat with some of my winnings....

I do see your point DO, but as you say...you can come across as a Pro..So it does no harm for someone to add A caveat. purely for someone that may think your mentioning nrnb, for the reason that it is a parachute.

edit; think its a parachute!

Last edited:

I do ignore your betting advice DO...its far more naive than your understanding of the handicap.

Tom Segal has apparantly tipped three up in the handicaps. Can someone post them on here when they know what they are, cheers.

Zoffenien still shortening for the Boodles after his recent romp. Glad I took the 14s now.

Last edited:
Max, appreciate you're having your own private dispute with Slim and DO but they are both established posters without whom this place would be a lot shorter on decent posters.

Let's agree to disagree lad's, and calm down. :)

Last edited:
This might collectively be our last festival to bet more than 100 pound, going by the gambling commissions proposals recently.

Can you imagine what next year could be like trying to win a few quid. :)

Last edited:
Back