Cheltenham - Thursday - What are you backing?

I was concerned from the off about Itchy Feet. He never seemed to be going that well.

Fully expected a patient ride. He seemed fine until he blundered the 4th. Recovered then was clueless at the 6th!

The concern for him and his Arkle runner was experience.

Top weight wins the Pertemps. Second horse no.3 on the card.

Question in relation to Ronald Pump, but maybe we will have a better opinion after the Stayers. Where would that performance have Sire Du Berlais in the Stayers later then do we think???
He's clearly 160+ and he is some fighter, keeps on finding for pressure.

Olly Murphy made interesting point at the betfair preview and his fear about novices was that they didnt have enough experience and basically saying that the top jump races in ireland are much more competitive

this is definitely someting that has changed in last two decades. used to be a concern that irish horses were winning egg and spoon races but some of these english horses are coming in with 1s to their name after winning rubbish races. no doubt the murphy horses are talented but drastically short of meaningful match practice and found out

Did you back it? I got sucked in to backing Relegate. **** happens.

Riders In The Storm here for me. 12/1 is too big.

The horse came down at full pelt with every chance. Hopefully he'll be alright.

Ah well. On to the Stayers.

Paisely Park Emitom and Ronald Pump will fill the places.

The run of St Calvados there must mean Oldgrangewood has a decent shout in the Plate at 14/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

******* hell.

This Ronald Pump is some horse.

I was right that he was well in for the Pertemps and everyone else was right that if I was right, he could place in the stayers.

Hahaha

You couldn't make it up!:)

Last edited:
... yet beaten by a horse rated 146.

What kind of a cert would Lisnagar Oscar have been in the Pertemps off that mark?

(I backed the bastert in the Albert Bartlett and didn't have any sickness insurance on it today. It isn't a sick bag the size of a bin liner I need, it's one the size of an ocean liner.)

******* hell.

This Ronald Pump is some horse.

I was right that he was well in for the Pertemps and everyone else was right that if I was right, he could place in the stayers.

Hahaha

You couldn't make it up!:)

I stuck with him,,,,,Come placepot...5 in the next, 2 in the last

Non stayer?

Havent done the sums yet but think I might be marginally in front on the week still but today was murder for me.

Hope you got a nice return from the yankee.

Paisley Park reported to have pulled off 2 shoes and also vet found him to have an irregular heartbeat.

Btw. Thanks to anyone who put me on to Sire Du Berlais a few weeks ago when I was bigging up Ronald Pump. Well done I hope you backed it. I can't recall who it was. Double Handful possibly?

Shows what a bad judge you are that you can't tell my posts from mugs...

Back