City of Troy.....think he deserves his own thread!

Decided by who? look at Australia alone
  1. The Everest - $20,000,000.
  2. Golden Eagle - $10,000,000. ...
  3. Melbourne Cup - $7,750,000. ...
  4. Queen Elizabeth Stakes - $5,000,000. Up next, we have the Queen Elizabeth Stakes.
  5. $5,000,000
  6. Caulfield Cup - $5,000,000.
Amyway I was talking races in the near future City Of Troy is likely to run in and the Irish Champions is highly unlikely when he can go stateside for massive money
Aug 11, 2566 BE

Decided by who? look at Australia alone
  1. The Everest - $20,000,000.
  2. Golden Eagle - $10,000,000. ...
  3. Melbourne Cup - $7,750,000. ...
  4. Queen Elizabeth Stakes - $5,000,000. Up next, we have the Queen Elizabeth Stakes.
  5. $5,000,000
  6. Caulfield Cup - $5,000,000.
Amyway I was talking races in the near future City Of Troy is likely to run in and the Irish Champions is highly unlikely when he can go stateside for massive money
Aug 11, 2566 BE
It’s decided by the same people who produce the international classification of horses, and it’s based on the ratings of the horses that run in the races. Money doesn’t determine everything.

My comment copied from the Ebor thread:

When I get round to analysing the times I'm pretty much expecting a colossally fast going allowance but I have to emphasise that it doesn't detract at all from one of the rides of the season by Moore.

As I expected, I am getting a 'colossally fast' going allowance for the Wednesday card. COT was officially 3.88s fast but on my times he was actually 4.18s fast, which I admit surprised me and had me at first thinking I was going to be serving myself some humble pie!

However, I have most of the times that day as some way quicker than standard and once I'd crunched my numbers I came up with the two all-age sprint handicaps as the markers for the "going" allowance. I'm using inverted commas here because it is more of a "conditions" allowance than a going allowance because the wind, officially "moderate half behind" (sounds like a lassie I used to know...) and a lot of the other times then make a lot of sense.

I have City Of Troy recording 114 after allowing for WFA with a mark-up deserved since he'd have been running half into a breeze for a good part (60%-ish) of the race.

All in all, though, it doesn't make him the wonder-horse being claimed in many places (as if not beating modest types by not too far didn't cast enough doubt on the form) although I do still believe he will produce that 130+ performance at some point.

Sorry is there a thread on The Arc?

Can anyone share the Racing Post article about potentially allowing geldings to run it in years to come? I'd like to read this, but I'm not a subscriber.

I don't have access to it Marb but you only need to read the headline to know where it's going without reading the article itself.

Basically: let the 'best' horses run even if they are geldings as you're otherwise weakening the race.

It will totally miss the point about the race being the European pinnacle for the breed.

Yes I find the debate all very interesting.

I see the improvement being castrated can make to a horse. I think one or two would like to do it to humans to eek out some improvement. Haha.

Back