Clare Wills & Watership Down At Newbury

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Happy Jack, sorry to hear that Alan lost Mr. Splodge so I hope last night cheered him up a bit.

Clare phoned me last night still very excited (she was driving the box home on hands free) and said Shippy was flat to the boards come the last strides. She is totally realistic and although winning would have course been great, she just had another great day, supported by her parents who are so proud of her. She was desperately unlucky.

I was winding her up about Saturday night when she rides Bay Hawk for me. She keeps telling me she doesn't ride flat as well as NH although I know for a fact she has been riding out Bay Hawk at home for a few weeks and she loves him! :luv: Whatever the result, I know we will have a great evening!

I'd missed that bit of news about Mr Splodge as well. What a terrible shame - he was a grand old boy and reassuringly regular fixture in this part of the world for so long.

gc

Thanks, Colin! As you can imagine, we were thrilled with that run, and Clare... well, she's just an absolute star!

A memorable evening! :)

Great run by BH - and over a distance too short for him too. Looks ready to win races for you again this season Kathy!

Good ride by Clare too oozes confidence now. :)

Back