Clare Wills & Watership Down At Newbury

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
For those that are interested (and it seems that plenty are!) Watership Down and Clare Wills won the Ladies Open race at the Larkhill Racing Club meeting at Larkhill tonight, at the rewarding odds of 6/1.

Sorry everyone, I was at a funeral yesterday and I have had problems getting on the site today.

Yes, Clare made all yesterday and won by about 10 lengths, although she did admit a horse that was making good ground fell at the last.

Shippy has now earned himself a break.

Well done to them both :clap: :clap: and thanks HJ for putting the good news up!

Mine too, wonderful news! So heart-warming to see such decication rewarded :clap: :clap:

I saw Clare briefly today at Brendan's as she was on her way to Epsom. I passed on the congratulations - and she did this..... :shy: but was chuffed to bits that people have been following her & Shippy ! :D

It looks like Clare has a ride booked at Newton Abbott this Thusday, and it's not for herself or for Brendan Powell. :ph34r:

Yes, Clare made all yesterday and won by about 10 lengths, although she did admit a horse that was making good ground fell at the last.

Good old Clare - I'll bet she had bright eyes after that. I can almost hear her tell Watership Down "Hurry - if they catch us they will kill us."

Clare isn't able to ride the horse she had originally been asked to due to the lack of number of rides she has to have completed. :( There will be other opportunities I am sure.

Diminuendo, due to a prior arrangement, I won't be able to make Newton Abbott although I wish all of you that are attending a great time.

Thanks for highlighting this, Diminuendo. I didn't realise. :shy: I will send her some verbal and written congratulations!!! :clap:

Originally posted by Kathy+Apr 28 2007, 09:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kathy @ Apr 28 2007, 09:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Shadow Leader@Apr 23 2007, 09:36 PM
I'm sure BP will end up regretting it Kathy - Freud is top of any "worst owners" list, I can assure you!!  He's been through more trainers than I've had hot dinners & I know of at least one who told him to sling his hook despite having a lovely young horse he wanted to hang onto.  The man's an imbecile.
Not having a dig, SL (honest) but I am not sure if you read Sir Clements comment in The Racing Post today.

For those who haven't seen it, Sir Clement praises Brendan Powell in a fairly amusing write up about his horse (Eau Good) winning at 25-1 at Windsor last Monday! Brendan was chuffed, not because it was a nice pat on the back for him and the yard, but because Sir CF had the decency to mention Clare Wills who led up, John Hart who assists Brendan and of course Stephen Donohoe the jockey in his article.

I would say, that on the face of it, he is down as a pretty good owner so far! :)[/b][/quote]
Not very impressed with the jockey in his article today, is he? :D I haven't seen the race but is he being a little unfair in his comments (and, perhaps, talking through his pocket)?

Brendan told me about this article on Tuesday at Uttoxeter. Great to have Sir Clement singing your praises in his article when you get a winner at 25/1 so he knew the next article would not be quite so kind. :what:

However Freud is not TOP of any 'worst Owners from Hell' list - I'll leave SL to work out who that might be so long as she promises not to mention said owner on here [yet! :rolleyes: - and yes you did warn us..........]

Back