Cleeve Hurdle

Reve di Sivola , At Fisher's Cross and Boston Bob entered . The latter looks much too slow considering the ease with which he was beaten by the ill-fated Brindisi Breeze. If BB is anyway near his best he will canter all over R di S as he did last time they met .AFC looks half the horse he was as a novice .

Will be a telling test though as if he cannot beat them comfortably it will clearly suggest considerable decline in his talents .

I hope Willie brings Mikael d'Haguenet over. Didn't run that badly behind the Fly last time out and could be worth a cheeky each way.

early odds

Big Bucks (1.73), Reve De Sivola (4), At Fishers Cross (7), Boston Bob (7), Saphir Du Rheu (8), Mikael DHaguenet (17), Knockara Beau (29), Lie Forrit (34), Lienosus (34), Quartz De Thaix (34), Bravo Bravo (151)

Still a few semi's for Mikael around.

If Bob turns up, Mikael will be behind him

This could be the kind of event where Mikael doles-out his final coupe-de-gras, and bolts up over-looked and unbacked at 16/1.

A thorough bas*tard of a horse. He can fu*ck right off.......right after I've had this little tickle.

This could be the kind of event where Mikael doles-out his final coupe-de-gras, and bolts up over-looked and unbacked at 16/1.

A thorough bas*tard of a horse. He can fu*ck right off.......right after I've had this little tickle.

There will be some ex neighers absolutely drooling over this one.
They've followed MDH over a cliff!

I was against At Fishers Cross for my life at Ascot but I think he will run well on Saturday and wouldn't be surprised to see him win.

What makes you think that Luke?

Agree with granger, Bob will finish ahead of Mikael. Mikael is shot to pieces these days; great novice but ultimately he beat a bunch of average hurdlers and future chasers in his novice hurdle season.

Forgive me if this seems like spam, but I only link to what I genuinely think others might find interesting. There's an article here by a guy at Timeform, Michael Williamson that looks at the link between likelihood of running to form and days since last ran.

Obviously of main interest with a view to the return of Big Buck's.

Great article. Not least because it presents the very interesting stats but doesn't obsess over them or lose sight of their context.

Nicely written and presented and great last line

Last edited:
It will be a fine achievement if he can come back at a similar level to before especially since, as the article says, the odds are against it.

Mikael was always overhyped. The amount of people who thought he was the 2nd coming.
Dear oh dear oh dear.

Back