Connor King

edgt

Senior Jockey
This apprentice deserves his own thread at this stage.
From winning on his first ride last October at Leopardstown, he has ridden out his 7lb claim already.A four timer at Cork tonight included his first Listed race win on Royal Blue Star.
I was in the company of On The Bridle. (still alive and well)
The acid test for Bridle was for CK to win on Horsewithnoname,which would require a miracle. This too came to pass.
Though quite tall he is a great prospect for the future.
We should salute such a young talent.

He's had an amazing start to his career - hopefully he can continue it, though reading on Twitter last night that he's back in school in September for his leaving cert so maybe the Dundalk jaunts will have to wait ;-)

Martin

It will be interesting to see how many owners/trainers continue to support him now.

The cynic in me predicts the rides will dry up and he will end up doing what so many promising apprentices end up doing - bending.

The acid test for Bridle was for CK to win on Horsewithnoname,which would require a miracle. This too came to pass.

This was Horsewithnoname's first win, at his 35th attempt, so it was quite miraculous right enough.

He rides apache gold for us on Friday, he will have the support of all local trainers, he is like he is glued to the horse they are as one, edgt says he reminds him of Paul Carberry and we all know what he can get out of even the quirky ones

Caught the eye last October on that winner already mentioned, looked a class above that day, perfectly timed and delivered.

I just hope he doesn't ride out his claim too quickly. We've been here before with good apprentices and there are only a few that live up to the hype but once the claim is gone, its a completely different world.

I just hope he doesn't ride out his claim too quickly. We've been here before with good apprentices and there are only a few that live up to the hype but once the claim is gone, its a completely different world.

I think to get a good job they have to be good communicators too which is a rare thing amongst jocks. (stay in school)

Back