Constitution Hill

Lifted fromRP:

Apparently he asked another 7 and they all said similar

That's kind of the point isn't it. Ask trainers and they would all do the same. It's the media and armchair pundits who think differently.

Where's the criticism for Willie keeping State Man hurdling to follow in his wake?

…….That's kind of the point isn't it. Ask trainers and they would all do the same. It's the media and armchair pundits who think differently……?

Maybe it’s the mindsets of business vs sport. Those involved nailed their colours to the mast some time ago when they started calling it the racing industry.

The Racing Post must be paying Nicky way too much when all they have to talk about is Constitution Hill having a go at the Ascot Gold Cup.

Considering the race is run in June. often on Good to form ground they would have to be mad to bring him to his peak only to be deemed a non runner.

I am not an RP member but the headline is enough to make me think RUBBISH!!!!!

"I'd say 'Buckles' is never afraid to give it a go, although you wouldn't do it because you'd have to keep the horse up for June and pray you got the ground, and if it had been this year you'd never have run him on it.
"It would appeal to my naughty side, but I think you can rule it out, because no weather forecaster is going to tell you at the end of April that it's going to be a soft-ground Ascot."

Methinks the same stamina issues that preclude a CGC bid would also apply to the one at Ascot?

There's no a chance he's be anything other than out in a field when Royal Ascot comes around.

Desert Orchid is right when he describes it as clickbait.

Pretty poor by the Racing Post really.

"I'd say 'Buckles' is never afraid to give it a go, although you wouldn't do it because you'd have to keep the horse up for June and pray you got the ground, and if it had been this year you'd never have run him on it.
"It would appeal to my naughty side, but I think you can rule it out, because no weather forecaster is going to tell you at the end of April that it's going to be a soft-ground Ascot."

Thanks Wilson at least he on the same page as me...........so why write the garbage in the first place?

Last edited:
The real spoof is they suggestion that CH will still be active at the 'end of April.' Punchestown in other words.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

From today's RP:
Constitution Hill

stands as a colossus over the entries for the BetMGM Fighting Fifth Hurdle next month, with the unbeaten hurdler rated at least a stone and a half superior to any of his likely rivals at Newcastle.

Trained by Nicky Henderson for owner Michael Buckley, Constitution Hill is set to have his first start of the season in the Fighting Fifth after connections made the call during the summer to remain over hurdles with the six-year-old rather than tackle fences.

I just hope Nicky doesn't try to be too clever and send him to Newcastle short of a gallop.

He did so with Binocular not once but twice when he lost both times at very short odds.

I just hope Nicky doesn't try to be too clever and send him to Newcastle short of a gallop.

He did so with Binocular not once but twice when he lost both times at very short odds.

The comparison is a disgrace. Go and sit in the corner.

Can't help yourself can you? You can't handle it if I even mention Binocular for some childish reason

In truth I was just pointing out a reason why things could possibly go wrong

I was not comparing the horses I was pointing out a habit of the trainer.

I seem to remember an udercooked Buveur d'Air being beaten at 1/4 in the Christmas Hurdle as another example

The entries for the Fighting Fifth are a joke some of them are so far off the mark if it were a handicap Constitution Hill would have to give them more weight than Arkle used to give away.

If this is it until Cheltenham what a boring CH season it could end up being if Impaire Passe should flop.

The entries for the Fighting Fifth are a joke some of them are so far off the mark if it were a handicap Constitution Hill would have to give them more weight than Arkle used to give away.

Yes, his OR (which I think under-rates him by quite a bit) is 22lbs higher than the next (call it 15 with the 7lbs concession) but Arkle was giving all that weight to horses that nowadays would be rated 175+.

Back