Constitution Hill

He's taking the pizz 17 days is plenty time to let him down and bring him back. Either he is so laid back he'd run 3 times in a week or he isn't.

WPM might now be thinking he should have sent Impaire Passe chasing.

He would pick up the overrated Facile Vega and carry him over fences IMO

Impaire Et Passe seemed to empty pretty quickly, Paul Townend looked as though he was full of confidence half way into the home straight, then found nothing.

Fair play to Teahupoo but you have to be disappointed with the fave not being able to pick him off.

What got me is there was no pace and still he couldn't find a turn of foot....Imagine what would happen is he took on Constitution Hill.

If I was Simon Munir I would be telling WPM get him over fences now.

Wouldn’t be the first time Willie has run them up a bit light in their season-opener.

Hurricane Fly used to improve 10+lbs between the Morgiana and Leopardstown over Xmas.

He's no Hurricane Fly pal. Mullins reckons he's not willing to change his plans but is toying with the idea that might mean taking on State Man next.

As big a fan as I was last year in my book Impaire Passe is not a Champion Hurdle horse

If he does take on State Man I will be heading to the bank and piling into State Man who will gallop him into the ground.

Last edited:
No shortage of grey matter when it comes to Nicky.who'd have thought he'd come up with the idea of running Shishkin in the Fighting Fifth?.

Good idea for him as he could still scoop the prize money, gets a run into Shishkin and he gets his way by not running Constitution Hill twice in under 3 weeks.

He's no Hurricane Fly pal. Mullins reckons he's not willing to change his plans but is toying with the idea that might mean taking on State Man next.

As big a fan as I was last year in my book Impaire Passe is not a Champion Hurdle horse

If he does take on State Man I will be heading to the bank and piling into State Man who will gallop him into the ground.

Eh, I'm the last man you need to point that out to, Tanlic.

I'm not going to get too exercised about IEPs performance yesterday, for the reasons I originally stated. They're likely to be somewhat disappointed the unbeaten streak has come to an end, but it's too early to be writing him off, imo.

Edit: Just watched the race back, and Townend possibly a shade too confident. He didn't get after IEP until after the last, by which time Kennedy had been going full rattle on Teahupoo since jumping the second last. IEP was actually headed between the last two but still jumped the last in front. That suggests (to me) that IEP has probably blown-up a bit when coming off the bridle after the last. Couple that with a strong-staying, Grade 1 horse in Teahupoo going at full tilt, and I think it's probably been a much better run from IEP than it looks on first viewing.

Last edited:
Take 20/1 Impaire Passe for the stayers is my advice

If he does clash with State Man and loses it would be a better option for him

Having won over 2m4 twice and the won the Ballymore he could be stepped up to Stayers over 3 miles

The race is begging for a class horse to emerge and it is worth 200k to the winner compared to 47K for finishing 3rd in the Champion Hurdle.

Just a thought

That's a bold call. The way i see it is he's got a much better chance of beating the fav Teahupoo in the stayers than he has of getting within 10 lengths of Constritution Hill

Maybe, so......but suspect they would rather have a crack at CH and see how they go, than run in a second-rate race like the Stayers (monetary value not reflecting how fu*cking awful a race it is these days).

Last edited:
The problem is there's not much for him if he turns out to be inferior to State Man
Vauban who was beaten 4 times by him last season did earn around 90k for his troubles.
However just to finish 2nd in the Stayers you can earn almost that.

Maybe I am putting too much emphasis on price money something I doubt Simon Munir is too bothered about

Good to see Gavin Shhehan will be able to ride You Wear It Well.

Seen a lot of non triers enquiries but that one on Zain Nights was ridiculous.

When clearly beaten he decided to give the horse a breather and time to get ballanced to make sure he got over the last and grabbed 3rd on the run in

Guaranteed had he knocked 10 bells out of the horse between the last 2 he would probably have unbalanced him completely and finsihed 6th.Stewards can be so stupid at time but alls well that ends well

Last edited:
Nice return to action.

I'd really like to see him absolutely spreadeagle a top class field but they might not ask him to do it until the Champion itself.

Nice return to action.

I'd really like to see him absolutely spreadeagle a top class field but they might not ask him to do it until the Champion itself.

There is no race between now and then that would attract a high class field.

If it wasn't for him we/they would be raving about State Man who would be 8 for 8 and you can bet the handicapper would have him on 170 plus.

Back