Cape Blanco, Roderic O'Connor 25/1
Rio de la Plata, Sri Putra 33/1
Cavalryman, Silver Pond, Alexander Pope 10/1

Sandown Park.
July 2nd.
1 mile, 2 furlongs.
Live on telly.

Discuss.

Still think workforce is best at 12f but very happy to back him against SYT at those prices. Rewilding isnt that good...

Workforce at 7/4 looks bombproof. Why would would you want to swallow 5/4 the hype horse?

I'm a big fan of Workforce as a highly talented Derby/Arc winner, but it is possible he'll be vulnerable at this trip.

I'd expect Workforce to win, but not enough to have a bet on him. I wouldn't be too surprised if SYT beats him (although I can't see why SYT should be favourite). There are a couple of others that could do very well here.

Not a race I'd be interested in terms of a bet, otherwise it should be fascinating.

10f slight advantage for so You Think

about the jockey for SYT, I think Seamus Hefferman will ride him.

Workforce
better suited by 12f and stable out of form.

Looks like being a disappointingly small field: Ballydoyle vs a couple of others. Could get a funny result.

Effectively the 'big two' are running against Snow Fairy or Sri Putra. Perhaps one of those could win (if lining up)... unless you fancy one of these latter two it's effectively a match.

I think that both Workforce and SYT will prove better at 12 furlongs (or more). But something has to win it...

alot i hope, considering he was "undercooked" at Royal Ascot.

Personally i think that was bollocks. He had him undercooked for the biggest festival which had masses of publicity surrounding this one race and with a whole nation of convicts ready to sneer?

So that he could save him for the eclipse?

Now the eciplse is one of my fav races but dont buy that at all

Well... lets put it this way. With the worlds most arrogant sports fans (and that before we get onto their racing clan) gagging to slag you off (esp after a few Melbourne cup failures) , would you leave the horse undercooked before the one race from over here, that they will be watching ?

I don't think AOB said he intentionally left him undercooked. He is saying it was a mistake, and apologised to everybody for his misjudgement. You can believe this or not, just because he was obliged to make an excuse doesn't mean it isn't true, but it makes your own assertions a bit irrelevant.

With regards to having a bet it's a simple question for me:

Will Workforce be 7/4 on the day?

I'm debating it myself at the moment but only the hype surrounding Stoute's stable form can stop him going off shorter. I can't see So You Think being allowed to go off odds on.

don't think AOB said he intentionally left him undercooked. He is saying it was a mistake, and apologised to everybody for his misjudgement.

what? He forgot to gallop him for a week or something? everyone forgot he was there? Stuck in some box at the back of the stables stuffing his face with oats and vegemite?

Aidan slaps forehead "shit i knew there was something i had to do" "sod this for a game of soldiers, im off down the pub. Whens fucking ascot anyway?"

Last edited:
Sandown Result
02 Jul 2011
Coral-Eclipse Stakes Showcase Race (Class A) (Group 1)
(Class 1) (3yo+) (1m2f7y) Good

So You Think (AUS) 8/11 4 9-7
A P O'Brien

Seamus Heffernan

Prominent, led 2f out, hard driven to assert final furlong, drew clear near finish (op Evs)

2 (beaten 4l)
Workforce (IRE) 11/4 4 9-7
Sir Michael Stoute

Ryan Moore

Ridden over 3f out, headway 2f out, hard ridden when squeezed inside final furlong, stayed on same pace (op 9-4, tchd 3/1)

3 (beaten 2l)
Snow Fairy (IRE) 7/1 4 9-4
Ed Dunlop

J Murtagh

Pulled hard, chased leaders, close 3rd when hard ridden 3f out, weakened final furlong (op 8-1 tchd 13-2 in places)

I hope the field is not embarassingly small. I suppose Workforce is sure to run? I see Stoute has Confront in it too for Abdulla. If it dries out further might Workforce side step this?

what? He forgot to gallop him for a week or something? everyone forgot he was there? Stuck in some box at the back of the stables stuffing his face with oats and vegemite?

Aidan slaps forehead "shit i knew there was something i had to do" "sod this for a game of soldiers, im off down the pub. Whens fucking ascot anyway?"

I had you down as being more knowledgable, clivex.

Back