Coral Eclipse

they like a bet don't they?..OTB were saying other day that all AOB's that were backed were winning

I don't think that Ballydoyle will be messing about with Group One horses and future stallions to land a touch in the Eclipse in fairness.

I love the horse but it's a bit worrying that he couldn't run closer in the Ganay and then he's had that effort last time out.

At a track that suits front runners back over his optimum trip, 25s could look big but they might just make the pace for SYT with him.

I don't think that Ballydoyle will be messing about with Group One horses and future stallions to land a touch in the Eclipse in fairness.

I love the horse but it's a bit worrying that he couldn't run closer in the Ganay and then he's had that effort last time out.

At a track that suits front runners back over his optimum trip, 25s could look big but they might just make the pace for SYT with him.

aye..i did go a bit Mick Easterby on AOB didn't I?

Precisely. The creation of prospective stallions is their business, the betting is merely sport.

I'd agree with you there, it looks like the racing equivalent of starting a fire with £50 notes.

running a horse like CB as a pacemaker don't make much sense to me..what a waste

I agree, a disgrace really, but judging by the way the horse has been campaigned recently it looks to me as if he's surplus to requirements as regards Stallions. Crazy to think that when you consider what a good year he had last year. I'll be looking out for any signs that he will be turning up and not just making up the no.s and if I think he's there to give a genuine account of himself I'll be backing him. Most trainers would give their right arm to have one like him .

well..i'm going to throw a curved ball and say that Cape Blanco got a lovely racecourse blow for this last time:)

he is arguably the best 10f horse in the race..he has beat WF over that trip and has shown himself to be as hard as nails on the day over 10..not a 12f horse imo..which i argued last year before the Irish Champion.

if this horse has been aimed at this..stable throwing folk off with that nonsense front running stuff last time..at 25/1..i'll take the chance i think

...you know the same thing crossed my mind... then I thought noooo.

If SYT & Workforce don't meet in this it'll be hugely disappointing.
Stating the bleedin' obvious, I know, but still ...

Also, lets hope it doesn't rain too much - want it to be fair to both.

15/8 now feely available with Bet365 and Boylesports. Only a matter of time before he is bottle across the board.

15/8 now feely available with Bet365 and Boylesports. Only a matter of time before he is bottle across the board.

Yes... like I say it doesn't look right to me. There is a deluge in London right now, but as Barry says reportedly dry for the rest of the week... I'm not sure what to do.:confused:

6/4 on the day would be better than 2/1 now IMO. I think he'll be available at 6/4 at least on the day.

Is the deluge definitely hitting Sandown?

Last edited:
Back