Coronation Cup

I do not agree about Clowance she is capable of running very big races when fresh as her terrific Irish Leger run showed and she is in foal which can lead fillies to show significantly improved form too .

While that is theoretically just about possible I think it is also wishful thinking. I wanted her to win and don't personally think there is anything she could have done about it.

if you were a top 100 metre runner and you met the best 200 metre runner...you both jog the first 40 metres...its a big advantage to you to keep jogging as long as possible..because at the point that instant acceleration IS asked for..you will have the edge..it will take the 200 metre runner more time to get near your best speed...by which time you have won

Last edited:
proper trainer boosting the confidence of his jockey being politically correct in tv, but obviously he thinks the opposite
she moved in the most difficult part of the race like the best horse in the field and the fillie iddled.

Midday posted something like 115 and the winner no better than 120.

Reading a race like this is just wrong. He won despite everything being against him pace wise. The race may not be rated highly is speed terms, but the performance values were high.

HRAC's loyalty is touching but misplaced . A top class 10f horse with a tendency to idle in front has set the race up for a stayer after a moderate early pace - madness

if you were a top 100 metre runner and you met the best 200 metre runner...you both jog the first 40 metres...its a big advantage to you to keep joggging as long as possible..because at the point that instant acceleration IS asked for..you will have the edge..it will take the 200 metre runner more time to get near your best speed.

yes, yes I get this, but you are making much too much of it. Have to watch the Oaks now... It'll take a day and a half to talk you round.;)

Frankly queally rode a race to try and take advantage of SNA apparently not handling the hill rather than to his own horse's strengths

Nicely put. Im usualy sanguine about jockey performances and dont pay as much attention as some, but that is a significant point

and did me out of a nice double

It is noticeable that Moore did not say that SNA did not come down the hill . In fact , watching it again he was just outpaced - which makes Queally's ride worse than ever and he was pretty shocking on Timepiece too !

Over-confident today, 'shocking' on TIMEPIECE, and let's not forget the fiasco with JACQUELINE QUEST... perhaps he really isn't the man for the bigger occasion?

It is noticeable that Moore did not say that SNA did not come down the hill . In fact , watching it again he was just outpaced - which makes Queally's ride worse than ever and he was pretty shocking on Timepiece too !

agree

Timepiece another very bad ride, even thinking she was not at her best and possibly needs a straight track.

Lets see what he does with Frankel in 10 days

Over-confident today, 'shocking' on TIMEPIECE, and let's not forget the fiasco with JACQUELINE QUEST... perhaps he really isn't the man for the bigger occasion?
His ride on Jacqueline Quest looks better with each passing week. Only a matter of time before she turns up at Cartmel, which would probably suit her.

His horses had won over £100k by early May in 2010. Who's have imagined prizemoney since then would have paid for less than 2 months training fees.

Back