Coronation Cup

Despite that, he'll still be playing second fiddle in the yard to So You Think.

Not on that performance - when you take track and pace into consideration he was value for a couple of lengths more. Better than So you think to date up here and Melb Cup runs.

Where to next for SNA? Was it the track, is he not straightforward or both?

if he wasn't straightforward he would have down tools at he start of the straight imo

on flat tracks he will be better..but Midday wasn't ridden well..he thought SNA was beat in the straight and thought he wouldn't be seeing him again..so kicked the horse on..imo

He's beat Clowance by 3 lengths, it's hardly the same as beating Zipping by the same margin who is a 120 horse at worst.

I suppose they might send them both to the King George but I would think So You Think would be the favoured of the two unless he gets pummelled at Ascot.

I still think France have the best two horses for the Arc on European form we've seen this year.

On all known ratings of beaten horses, St Nic has not put in a better performance there than Planteur did in the Ganay.

Yes he did - he beat a mid 120s filly (despite track and pace being unsuitable) who was race fit as opposed to beating a filly who needed the race and wasn't hard ridden. Comfortably better for me.

I still think France have the best two horses for the Arc on European form we've seen this year.

Planteur I cannot have at all for the Arc. He looks like he's improved, but I have grave doubts about him finishing a race off over 12f in top company. I backed SNA for the Arc after Chester and am happy with my position. Given the way he gallops and the short straight I can't see them running him in the King George.

Yes he did - he beat a mid 120s filly (despite track and pace being unsuitable) who was race fit as opposed to beating a filly who needed the race and wasn't hard ridden. Comfortably better for me.

Isn't Sarafina a mid 120s filly? You've said yourself that you think Sarafina is better than Midday.

Also, Cirrus Des Aigles is a much better horse than Clowance.

He looks like they should have tun him in the Leger after all !

I cannot see him being competitive at the very top level over ten furlongs . Midday deserves a crack at the Eclipse on that though I reckon

Isn't Sarafina a mid 120s filly? You've said yourself that you think Sarafina is better than Midday.

Also, Cirrus Des Aigles is a much better horse than Clowance.

Sarafina is a better filly but was around 5-7 pounds below her best thay day - it was very much a re-introduction for her. Midday however was race fit, and you need to factor SNA being uncomfortable with track and unsuited by pace.

Deeply impressed by SNA. The race was run not to suit him. Midday seized the initiative and ran a blinder, yet Moore didn't panic got him into stride and reeled her in. He was finishing like a train.

Funny head carriage aside this horse has a deep vein of ability like George Washington. The Arc would suit him so well and he could run a real big race in that.

Mr. Hamm,

If you think Midday ran to the mid 120s this afternoon, you must think Clowance is hot stuff.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Bull

I didn't say she did - I said she is a mid 120s filly (syntax). SNA is worth another 5-6 pounds based on track and pace unsuitability - he looks a top horse.

Sarafina is a better filly but was around 5-7 pounds below her best thay day - it was very much a re-introduction for her. Midday however was race fit

Fine, but ignoring the fillies and rating the performances through the other placed horses still makes it appear as though Planteur has put in the better performance imo.

Midday stopped in front iddling, it was the jockey who lost the race.

With respect suny that's nonsense. She's run right up to her best and had to seize the iniative when she did. If she hadn't she would have been beaten further. And this is from someone who desperately wanted her to win.

Back