Coronation Cup

away from the race..its time the BBC was stopped covering racing..they have channels coming out their arse but can't split the tennis from the racing..its now 3.24..no mention of the 3.25 race yet

With respect suny that's nonsense. She's run right up to her best and had to seize the iniative when she did. If she hadn't she would have been beaten further. And this is from someone who desperately wanted her to win.

nonsense?
Clowance best nce was a 113 and she NEEDS softer ground, the best she run today is not better than 110 that puts Midday in an even worse nce than first time out in the season, Midday is quirky, as she showed last year at Goodwood and today she was ridden a stinker by queally losing the race.

St Nicholas abbey for me absolutley no chance in the arc, he is interesting for the Irish St Leger and maybe then running in the Cadran.

its unreal..they have BBC2..live tennis..so..press red button..takes you to channel 301..live fookin tennis same on there??..where is the sense here?..its Oaks day ffs:rolleyes:

I agree... In my younger days I might have been encouraged to turn ugly!

nonsense?
Clowance best nce was a 113 and she NEEDS softer ground, the best she run today is not better than 110 that puts Midday in an even worse nce than first time out in the season, Midday is quirky, as she showed last year at Goodwood and today she was ridden a stinker by queally losing the race.

St Nicholas abbey for me absolutley no chance in the arc, he is interesting for the Irish St Leger and maybe then running in the Cadran.

The (slow) pace brought them together suny. The winner is a very strong racehorse, make no mistake. The further they went the more he murdered them.

Last edited:
With respect suny that's nonsense. She's run right up to her best and had to seize the iniative when she did. If she hadn't she would have been beaten further. And this is from someone who desperately wanted her to win.

would have to strongly disagree...the slow early suited Midday..it would have paid to stay at the pace they were..then inject some 2 out..by kicking on from 3.5 out it was making the race more of a stamina test..which would give the edge to SNA..so imo it was a very poor piece of tactical riding.

if we are talking turn of foot..Midday is the one..so why make it more stamina sapping than you needed to?

Midday patently sent on too soon and shaped like the best at the weights. No improvement on Chester for St Nicholas Abbey. Would fancy Midday to turn the form around on any other day at a mile and half.

Of course, these were also my views pre race...

would have to strongly disagree...the slow early suited Midday..it would have paid to stay at the pace they were..then inject some 2 out..by kicking on from 3.5 out it was making the race more of a stamina test..which would give the edge to SNA..so imo it was a very poor piece of tactical riding.

if we are talking turn of foot..Midday is the one..so why make it more stamina sapping than you needed to?

You see I don't think that was stamina sapping, quite the reverse. If it had been SNA would have won half the length of the track. A fast pace in something like the Arc would suit the winner so well.

Last edited:
Midday patently sent on too soon and shaped like the best at the weights. No improvement on Chester for St Nicholas Abbey. Would fancy Midday to turn the form around on any other day at a mile and half.

Of course, these were also my views pre race...

She didn't have much option imo david. Had she not had a go in winning it he would have powered away from them.

You see I don't think that was stamina sapping, quite the reverse. If it had of been SNA would have won half the length of the track.

no you are taking me out of context Steve...up to the start of the straight..it wasn't stamina sapping..and SNA came under pressure..at that point he should have sat on Midday and waited..then kicked 2 out..her speed would have put her with more chance..as it was ..all her petrol was spread over 3.5 furlongs..for no reason whatsosver.

i'm not saying it would alter the result..i didn't back either..but..if Midday were mine i would be wanting to know why ..in a tactical race ..did he kick on and turn it into a war of attrition when it could have stayed a speed test.

The overall time was about 100..25lbs below par?..so its clear it wasn't a hard early pace..but by ridng her from so far out wasn't a wise move..when it suits your opponent more than you to do so.

Cecil said of Midday: "St Nicholas Abbey did not come down the hill so Tom [Queally] had to take advantage and go on. He did exactly the right thing. Midday will still improve for the run and she was beaten by a good horse, they're both good horses.

( Racing Post )

Cecil said of Midday: "St Nicholas Abbey did not come down the hill so Tom [Queally] had to take advantage and go on. He did exactly the right thing. Midday will still improve for the run and she was beaten by a good horse, they're both good horses.

( Racing Post )

Again imo this is exactly right.

( Racing Post )

but he already had the advantage of a slow early pace..then squandered it..thats an unreal quote..talk about standing by your jockey

i'm last person on here to knowck jockeys..but that was a shit ride

Frankly queally rode a race to try and take advantage of SNA apparently not handling the hill rather than to his own horse's strengths .

Had he been on an out and out12f filly rather than a horse that is top class over 10f that might have made sense instead it set it up for him .

Had Queally held onto her for another furlong I reckon she would have had too much speed for him

no you are taking me out of context Steve...up to the start of the straight..it wasn't stamina sapping..and SNA came under pressure..at that point he should have sat on Midday and waited..then kicked 2 out..her speed would have put her with more chance..as it was ..all her petrol was spread over 3.5 furlongs..for no reason whatsosver.

i'm not saying it would alter the result..i didn't back either..but..if Midday were mine i would be wanting to know why ..in a tactical race ..did he kick on and turn it into a war of attrition when it could have stayed a speed test.

The overall time was about 100..25lbs below par?..so its clear it wasn't a hard early pace..but by ridng her from so far out wasn't a wise move..when it suits your opponent more than you to do so.

Okay fair enough... this is good form though. I'm quite excited about it.

Frankly queally rode a race to try and take advantage of SNA apparently not handling the hill rather than to his own horse's strengths .

Had he been on an out and out12f filly rather than a horse that is top class over 10f that might have made sense instead it set it up for him .

Had Queally held onto her for another furlong I reckon she would have had too much speed for him

:cool:

While that is theoretically just about possible I think it is also wishful thinking. I wanted her to win and don't personally think there is anything she could have done about it.

proper trainer boosting the confidence of his jockey being politically correct in tv, but obviously he thinks the opposite
she moved in the most difficult part of the race like the best horse in the field and the fillie iddled.

Midday posted something like 115 and the winner no better than 120.

Back