Covid Vaccine

Would you take the Vaccine?

• No

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters
Just to say DrJohns latest blog says the data coming through from the AZ vaccine is that it takes 35 days to reach full first dose efficacy. I had it down as 22 days. Not that I’ll be changing my lifesyle at all even after 35 days but I might feel a bit more relaxed when walking the dog!

Had ours 36 days ago so only just reached the target then. Thought we were there a couple of weeks ago :lol:

Just to say DrJohns latest blog says the data coming through from the AZ vaccine is that it takes 35 days to reach full first dose efficacy

There was some rather confusing news on this 35-day data kicking around on the BBC yesterday

This from the BMJ might clarify:

Among people aged 70 and over, protection against symptomatic covid-19 after a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine reached 61% (95% confidence interval 51% to 69%) from 28 to 34 days after vaccination then plateaued. Protection after a single dose of the Oxford Astra-Zeneca vaccine reached 60% (95% CI 41% to 73%) from 28 to 34 days and increased to 73% (95% CI 27% to 90%) from day 35 onwards.

Which implies that neither vaccine takes 35 days to reach full efficacy; rather, that the efficacy of the Pfizer one plateaus after this time interval whilst the AZ's continues to increase. 28 days seems to be the minimum time to reach full - presumably the expected - efficacy

Early days, much more data crunching to come, so expect many tweaks

Worth knowing that carers (non professional) are now able to be vaccinated but they need to be registered as such at their surgery.

As I am having weekly blood tests I have been told that they take an extra phial to check for anti bodies to the virus.
It's about 35 days since my first injection now.

walsworth: Dr John Campbells latest utube blog goes into great depth about having the vaccine when immune suppressed or compromised. The bottom line is that the only unknown is how effective it might be albeit being effective up to a point. He also questions why we aren’t using trained dogs to sniff out people that are asymptomatic, pre symptomatic or symptomatic given that they have a 94% success rate which is better than most tests. The obvious thought is why not have them in schools?

I don’t think think it takes that long to train them. They’ve used them at some sporting venues and airports. They’re more accurate than tests.

Back