Curlin on Turf

I have been laying him at around the 4-6 mark this morning and the bets are getting matched fairly fast.

Good luck to you. Depending on how much his price collapses if he hacks up tonight, he might be worth laying I suppose. Still has to prove he can go right-handed and, quite possibly, if he acts well on soft ground.

I fancy Sudan for this. Currently 9 to buy on SPIN's index. If it drops to 6 then I'm on. Don't know whether it will.

Last edited:
It's like watching paint dry isn't it - I guess the race will be more exciting anyway

Bugger.

Nice job from Red Rocks connections, and the jockey got it spot on, but it was a funny old race wasn't it?

Oh well.

That's a real coup for Meehan, I wonder if Curlin had too much to do on an unfamiliar surface? Or did he just not get the trip?? It's usually pretty soft on Arc day

He was never travelling with his usual power and strength. Surprised to hear the commentator to say he was "coasting"...I did not think so.

Will they keep Red Rocks out there now? I know I would, plenty of nice pots between now and Santa Anita.

Doubt if Curlin will go for the Arc after that. Nice run all the same

Stay home and win the BC Classic again.

Fair play for trying

Curlin looked to be carrying quite a bit of condition in comparison to Red Rocks too, tho he is always burly

What is Compo talking about?! The horse was beaten fair and square, just not the right surface for him.

The Breeders Cup Classic is going to be fascinating...plenty of good turf horses will be going for it this year.

Will they keep Red Rocks out there now? I know I would, plenty of nice pots between now and Santa Anita.

Jason Weaver just said he was maybe for sale and to be trained there to pick up those prizes for the rest of the year, it would make sense but the owners might prefer to keep him - wonder what he would sell for, Weaver thought about $2 million

Red Rocks is best suited for races in the USA.

He could be a monster out here. Will surely go for the BC Turf with a prep or two in advance.

This idea of being "best suited" to American racing is just another description for them not being good enough for European racing and only doing well in the States because the turf horses are a weak bunch.

This idea of being "best suited" to American racing is just another description for them not being good enough for European racing and only doing well in the States because the turf horses are a weak bunch.

Agreed.. the US Horses are not competitive with euro horses on the turf.. I usually figure a G2/G3 Euro horse is a G1 winner in the States.

Back