Curlin on Turf

Runs again tonight at 1052 onATR.Last nights meeting at Belmont was abandoned because of the rain.Have no doubts tonight will be a slog and in my opinion Curlin is a max lay at 1/2 or lower.

Curlin's most impressive performance (last years Breeders Cup Classic) has been on a sloppy track. He is a cert.

Travelled really nicely into the straight, (I've never seen him travel as smooth actually) but didn't really pick up as he threatened to. Obviously Alborado never got particularly serious on him and the pace was fairly steady, but I'm still unconvinced he can produce the level of form that saw him win the Classic last year. Then again, I suppose it could be argued he may not need to to win this year's renewal..

Funny I would have said the opposite Carvillshill. Loads to gain, if he beats the likes of DOM and Henry in the Classic he would be the best horse in the world...not just on dirt. If he loses it they can use the excuse about the surface.

curlinarrivessantaanita092808_Ben298.jpg

Curlin arrives at Santa Anita on Sunday. He is set to work on the track on October 1 as he prepares for the BC Classic against Big Brown, DOM etc.

Back