Curragh Weekend

What do we make of Paddy Power's Anglesey prices?

5/4 Glor Na Mara
7/4 Samuel Morse
5 Dunboyne Express
7 Rudolph Valentino

I'd be inclined to take the 5's personally.

Well done, was 7s this morning with Ladbrokes. Hope you were on.

Nowt like overbetting Bolger and O'Brien animals.

Well done, was 7s this morning with Ladbrokes. Hope you were on.

Nowt like overbetting Bolger and O'Brien animals.

Whatever about the Bolger horse - I don't think Samuel Morse looked overbet based on form prior to the race being run considering his form and that of Dunboyne Express who was a maiden winner. Aftertimer!!!:ninja:

Well done DJ though!

Bolger and O'Brien horses are ALWAYS overbet just like Cumani and Stoute animals are over here.

Thats a pretty general statement - which could very well be accurate - but in this particular instance what piece of form suggests SM should not have been a short priced favourite ahead of maiden winners and an unraced colt?

Lady Springbank and Famous are fair e/w bets in the next. Both will relish the ground and it's hard to see them out of it.

Lady Springbank and Famous are fair e/w bets in the next. Both will relish the ground and it's hard to see them out of it.

Yet they do finish out of the frame!!!

Interesting to see Moore getting another ride for Coolmore - a winning one now on Latin Love.

No praise required, decided to go to the gym instead and didn't realise the race was off as early as what it is, so whilst I may have shed some lbs, I'be definitelt shed some £'s! Impressive effort from the winner though.

Thats a pretty general statement - which could very well be accurate - but in this particular instance what piece of form suggests SM should not have been a short priced favourite ahead of maiden winners and an unraced colt?

Yeah, I'd agree the Bolger filly was more underpriced here, who actually backs unraced horses at 11/8?!

Should have gone SM, DE, GNM

The change in ground is beginning to make a difference to some of those that have been running on faster ground. Latin Love a soft ground winner, Lady Lupus ran a blinder in the Oaks and has proven soft ground form, Bay Knight has plenty of form with give in the ground, sublime talent's last win had come on yielding ground. As there has been a prolonged period of decent ground, it could be worth finding horses that appreciate softer ground and ignoring their last three runs this season which would have been on fast ground. Even a little ease helps them. Galway would be interesting if it came up on the soft side.

Back