Current Favourite horse(s)

My favourites tend to be the ones I can’t help myself backing, but do my absolute conkers on. That being the case:

Leiutenant Rocco
Saint Roi
Lieutenant Rocco again

Princess Zoe and Hewick. I like courageous horses from small beginnings that rise up the ranks.

The opening post clearly stipulated three (3) horses maximum. You have now added a fourth in a clear breach of both the form and substance of his intent. Please adjust your selections accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I said I should add never said I would or was adding...I am also a big fan of Blazing Kal but I won't be adding him either :p

Last edited:
As a hurdling junkie, Constitution Hill.

As a rider to that, it is so early days yet. At two points in time NH wise I would have answered...Golden Cygnet..and ..Our Conor. Didn't go well really so sadly in both instances. So, I just enjoy what is on offer at the time, and boy have both flat and NH been spoiled in the last 15 years. We have so had golden times. I remember the 70s, the superstars of both codes. I think we have been treated to near levels of that, with fewer giants obviously. But we have so seen some of the best haven't we compared with the 80s and 90s? That is not running down those decades at all, it just magnifies the superb level of horse in both codes we have been so lucky to watch in real time.

Not meaning to cause an argument for any horse here..but how many of you would like to see another Frankel or Kauto Star in the next 10 years?? I think we have been through very special times. Maybe we will see their likes again, but will we see that type of brilliance and longevity combined? Hawk Wing?..longevity?..lots of battles?

I can see such Constitution Hill being a double CH winner, but how would he cope with a horse at his level racing against him every fortnight? Night Nurse, Monksfield, Birds Nest and Sea Pigeon met that many times they might as well have been married. Is there a hurdler these days that tough? including CH? We won't know, because in the old days hurdlers were f**king warriors by the month. It is now cotton wool county.

Sorry for sounding like an old fart, I am one anyway, but I like to see the best against the best as often as possible, those days sadly are gone, it is now just about money and prestige. Not the horse's fault.

I'm talking mainly hurdlers here, chasers have never seemed to meet as often as hardened hurdlers. For good reason, it is a learning curve, and natural hurdlers soon catch on, chasing is a harder task. It is higher for a start:D

My dream Hurdle Race would be. Persian War, Bula, Night Nurse, Sea Pigeon, Monksfield, Comedy of Errors, Lanzorote, Flyingbolt, Istabraq, Hurricaine Fly..(don't be silly now Grassy:D)

Last edited:
Many best wishes to Mr. Hopper and family. Being a grandparent is waaaay better than being a parent.

First one?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back