Current Standings In Jockey Title

At this point I think Id prefer them to share it as they did in the Irish point to point season a few years back.The jockey in front opted not to ride the last day so the other could get one up and draw level.

Originally posted by Spoons@Nov 9 2007, 09:12 AM
At this point I think Id prefer them to share it as they did in the Irish point to point season a few years back.The jockey in front opted not to ride the last day so the other could get one up and draw level.
...or like Jonny Francome did for Peter Scudamore 20 odd years ago. The two had a battle royal for the title, but Scu had essentially won the battle before breaking his leg towards the end of the season. Francome made it clear that if and when he drew level, he would quit riding for the season. Lovely fella.

Courtesy of The Racing Post:

"Spencer and Sanders have seen a lot of each other in weighing rooms up and down the country in the last few weeks, and despite the relative importance of the outcome, one moment of the appeal was not taken too seriously.

Spencer was asked by Sanders' legal representative whether he was criticising his rival's riding.

His reply of: "Mr Sanders is a professional, why should I do that?” was met with a smile and a knowing look from across the table.

Sanders does not want to curse his chances of gaining a first title but still seems to be enjoying the chase.

He added: "There have been so many twists and turns this season you never know what is going to happen.

"It has been a rollercoaster and I've been on the front seat.

"But it has been great for the punters, and probably the best battle since Pat Eddery and Steve Cauthen. "I can't stop Jamie riding winners, but obviously it would be nice to win. I'd be disappointed if I didn't, but you never know."

Took until the 6th race at Musselburgh, but Sanders threw everything at Alma Mater (a sister to Alborada and Albanova) to edge ahead.

Edit: He managed to knock Spencer's whip out of his hand on the way...

Seb now odds-on with the bookies and on Betfair, Jamie has 5 rides tonight, 4 short priced favourites (current best prices 10/11, 2/1, 13/8 & 13/8) and a 2nd favourite to Sebs best ride of the night, Points of View. (Seb rides the 2nd fav in 3 of the 4 races Jamie is on the fav)

It's odds on there's more winners to come this evening between them, I wouldn't take odds on Seb in this position anyway, might be a good trade come 9.30pm.

Jamie was odds on for the title before they even left the stalls for the 7.30, Seb's 13/2 winner in the next has put him long odds on with well fancied Points of View to come in the next.

As a true show of mutual respect and sportsmanship, but hey that doesn't happen does it?

bit sad to see folk going out of there way to try and get Spencer the title...Ryan + Callan..callan not riding so that spencer can get two fancied mounts...pathetic.

it's things like that that make me want to Seb win it even more

I hope Seb wins it too - although the added bonus of all this going on is that if you're backing one of Spencer's mounts you don't have the added complication of trying to work out whether today's "the day" or not......:laughing:

:laughing:

Ryan as been very keen to assist all week...spencer has only ridden 25 times for him all this year...but 6 of those though came in the last week...another couple today

i wonder if callan actually likes the "arrangement"

I'd like to see Jamie do it. Any champion should have that bit of class. Seb is just a hard-worker.

That's precisely why I'd like to see Seb win it, Betsmate - he's a hard worker and a decent jock to boot. Not like that cocky little git Spencer....

Spencer just collared on the line by Holland... Sanders stays two ahead with Spencer having just 5 rides left.

Back