Current Standings In Jockey Title

Envy? Of what?

Btw, it's Axom, not Axiom, and I know plenty about Elite members having come across hundreds of them!

Maybe you'd like to look at your own posts if you're still having so much trouble reconciling why people respond to you the way they do.

2nd your point UG,who in their right mind would come into this topic for an update on the jockeys title race!You are as always my idol andI want to be just like you when I grow up! :P

Will the revised timing of the hearing possibly cost Seb the title? :suspect: I hope the hearing at least results in giving back Seb's disqualified win at Newmarket last Friday.

Courtesy of The Racing Post

Makin appeal could have pivotal bearing on outcome
by Bruce Jackson
THE appeal hearing which could have a pivotal bearing on the outcome of this season's enthralling jockeys' title race has been scheduled for 7am on Thursday.

The BHA's move to arrange such an unusually early start in London is intended to allow Jamie Spencer to ride at Musselburgh in the afternoon.

His title rival Seb Sanders, aiming to take his 'disqualified' winner at Newmarket last Friday back off Spencer, had already opted not to ride in Scotland before Tuesday's confirmation of the appeal-hearing time.

BHA officials suggested on Tuesday that Spencer could be out of their offices by 7.30am, as he has only to give evidence and is not required to wait for the panel to give their verdict.

Sanders revised his crucial last-week schedule to take in Nottingham on Monday, in the expectation of a traditional 10.30am start at Shaftesbury Avenue.

The title chaser was philosophical on learning that he could, after all, have had the option of riding at Musselburgh on Thursday within the nine-meetings-a-week stipulation.

Sanders said after closing the gap to two with his 183rd winner of the year at Lingfield on Wednesday, Desperate Dan: "I'll take it on the chin. Whatever happens will happen.

"It's another early morning but I think it is only fair to Jamie and myself and at least the matter will be decided before the end of the season.”

Trainer Peter Makin lodged his appeal with the BHA on Wednesday, and Thursday will mark the first appeal in his 40-year career.
It follows an incident at Newmarket, where the Makin-trained Classic Descent, ridden by Sanders, was demoted to second by the stewards, in favour of the Spencer-ridden second-past-the-post Black Raid.

The stewards deemed that Sanders had accidentally interferedwith Spencer's mount, which cost the latter the race.

Sanders has 11 rides in his double-up stint at Nottingham and Kempton on Wednesday as Spencer sits out the second day of his two-day suspension.

Paddy Power and VCbet make Sanders 5-4 to ride two to three winners. They go 6-4 one winner and 7-2 about four or more.

Explaining Thursday's timing of the appeal hearing, BHA public relations manager Paul Struthers said: "It's not a decision we took lightly. It's been years since such a thrilling climax to the season and it simply wasn't acceptable to allow the possibility of the jockeys' championship to be decided by the disciplinary panel after the conclusion of the turf season.

"We are conscious of the inconvenience to both jockeys, and we apologise for that, but we hope they and the public understand and appreciate the decision we have come to in opting for a 7am start.

"While the outcome of the appeal will obviously have some impact on who will be champion, at least now the action will culminate where it should - on the track - and we wish them both the very best of luck."

How would you price up Seb's chance of getting that winner back on appeal? I originally thought it was an even-money shot but would be happy to offer 6-4 now.

I still think he has a 50/50 chance of getting it back. Let's hope Seb wins a few today to give him a buffer in case the appeal doesn't go his way.

11 rides for Sanders today whilst Spencer sits it out. They include four forecast favs and four forecast second favs. If he hasn't at least drawn level by tonight he can kiss it goodbye.

Originally posted by rorydelargy@Nov 5 2007, 10:07 PM
True story.

A well known trainer was giving complicated instructions to a jockey who had never ridden for him before. About halfway through, the jock (a rather cocky lad) held up his hand and said:

"Listen mister - a good jockey don't need no instructions and a bad jockey can't carry them out anyway. So I guess you better not be giving me no instructions"
That was Tod Sloan.

From whom we get the cockney rhyming slang "on your tod", and he was also supposed to have been the inspiration behind "Yankee Doodle Dandy".

He could ride a bit too, when he felt like it.

The appeal over the Newmarket result failed, so they're all square with three days to go. Spencer has 9 rides today to Sanders' 3 and will be extremely disappointed if he's not back in the lead tonight.

Originally posted by Venusian+Nov 8 2007, 08:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Venusian @ Nov 8 2007, 08:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rorydelargy@Nov 5 2007, 10:07 PM
True story.

A well known trainer was giving complicated instructions to a jockey who had never ridden for him before. About halfway through, the jock (a rather cocky lad) held up his hand and said:

"Listen mister - a good jockey don't need no instructions and a bad jockey can't carry them out anyway. So I guess you better not be giving me no instructions"
That was Tod Sloan.

From whom we get the cockney rhyming slang "on your tod", and he was also supposed to have been the inspiration behind "Yankee Doodle Dandy".

He could ride a bit too, when he felt like it. [/b][/quote]
It sounds remarkably like Tod Sloan, but the quote is actually attributed to another American jockey in the book "Sods I Have Cut on the Turf" by Jack Leach, and he should know. I'd highly recommend said book which is an absolute gem.

I think Jamie only had one win at Musselburgh today out of his five rides and now both off to Wolverhampton.

Originally posted by rorydelargy+Nov 8 2007, 02:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rorydelargy @ Nov 8 2007, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Venusian@Nov 8 2007, 08:54 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-rorydelargy
@Nov 5 2007, 10:07 PM
True story.

That was Tod Sloan.

He could ride a bit too, when he felt like it.
It sounds remarkably like Tod Sloan, but the quote is actually attributed to another American jockey in the book "Sods I Have Cut on the Turf" by Jack Leach, and he should know. I'd highly recommend said book which is an absolute gem.[/b][/quote]
R-D-L, yes, you are right.

And I ought to know that - I actually have a copy of said tome, one of the best racing books ever written. Jack Leach was a fantasic raconteur, I'd loved to have met him.

Is it my imagination, or has Seb had the first 3 winners at Wolves? :what:

Come on, Seb!!!! :clap:

Sorry, my mistake... he had 2 wiiners.... wishful thinking!! :shy:

2 days and 3 meetings to go. All the rides are booked, here are the mounts to the end of the title chase:

Friday
Musselburgh

13.00 Royal Applord - J Spencer Azure Mist - S Sanders
13.30 Blue Eyed Miss - JS
14.00 Danse de Sioux - JS Salerosa - SS
14.30 Harry Up - JS First Order - SS
15.00 Dzesmin - JS Double Banded - SS
15.30 Mythical Story - JS Alma Mater - SS
16.00 Crocodile Bay - JS Spinning - SS

Wolverhampton

19.30 Mafioso - JS Loveofmylife - SS
19.55 Encores - JS Northern Boy - SS
20.25 Suzi Spends - JS Points of View - SS
20.55 Dart - JS Sweet Request - SS
21.20 Spirit of Coniston - JS Theoretical - SS

Saturday
Doncaster

12.30 Horatio Carter - JS Incomparable - SS
13.00 Minus Fifteen - JS
13.30 Generous Thought - JS Mudhish - JS
14.05 Gull Wing - JS Soft Morning - SS
14.35 Zindane - JS Borderlescott - SS
15.10 Pippa Greene - JS John Terry - SS
15.40 Inchnadamph - JS Backbord - SS

I think Jamie may have the better rides of the first half of tomorrows 2 cards, but Seb seems to have more standout rides for me, Seb to take the honours tomorrow by 1 or 2 leaving Jamie to play catch up on Saturday.

I'm not sure how many winners the pair will ride of Saturday, the cards at Doncaster look very competitive, am sure their agents have been doing all they can to get them on 'live ones' but I have a feeling the title may be decided tomorrow.

Seb for me.

Back