Daily picks.

The forms almost worked out to the .10 on adjusted weights incredible he looked to have 2 1/2 lentghs on the field and it was spot on!!;)

Lujeanie is the best hiorse in this race already this season has been second off 80 to forest edge at lingfield,dead heated in a claimer with majuro had hamoody and noverre to go both rated in the 80s behind.The went to kempton finishing 4th to burnhope it a decent little sprint off 79 for horses rated up to 85.Has changed stables since dropped to a mark of 73,lowest mark since august 2009,ran in a 5f race two runs back again in a decent race finished with loads in the tank after getting hampered and was a big eyecatcher behind horses such as diamond charlie,picansort,triple dream and my son max two of those have won since.I don't understand why the blinkers have been put on as was running perfectly well without them for most of the season,plus this is an amateur riders race but going off these prices has to be a bet everytime as this is a big drop in grade.One to follow regardless of tomorrows result,should be heavily backed at current price and at worst a decent trade.

8/1 victor still worth a bet could go off near fav.

Last edited:
aetna

First meeting of the season and aetna the first big eyecatcher cantering over the field to win by a nk over 7fs,the time of the race only .64 slower than gouray girl previous race herself hacking up off 77 by 5ls.They had the worst of the ground in the last race as well,there looks loads of improvement to come from her she may well be up to listed class eventually, even just looking at this piece of weak form.The ground will obviously be a ? mark as she travelled so well on the heavy yesterday,but with mick easterby training she may well go overlooked taking on better stables.

Runs 7.00 Nottingham - have taken 7-1 with Paddy Power.

Lujeanie is the best hiorse in this race already this season has been second off 80 to forest edge at lingfield,dead heated in a claimer with majuro had hamoody and noverre to go both rated in the 80s behind.The went to kempton finishing 4th to burnhope it a decent little sprint off 79 for horses rated up to 85.Has changed stables since dropped to a mark of 73,lowest mark since august 2009,ran in a 5f race two runs back again in a decent race finished with loads in the tank after getting hampered and was a big eyecatcher behind horses such as diamond charlie,picansort,triple dream and my son max two of those have won since.I don't understand why the blinkers have been put on as was running perfectly well without them for most of the season,plus this is an amateur riders race but going off these prices has to be a bet everytime as this is a big drop in grade.One to follow regardless of tomorrows result,should be heavily backed at current price and at worst a decent trade.

Was out at 6.2 but only covered my ew bet so won nothing on the race,very strange ride leads which i had to rub my eyes and then comes wide entering the straight.As above may have just been the blinkers and combination of jockey but wasted all that ground coming wide.

14:40 Nottingham, 10 Apr 20135f 13y
Betfred Mobile Lotto Handicap (Class 4) (3YO only)
Winner £5,175 - 11 ran
Good

Weighed In - Result Stands

Result Future Form Pos Dist. Silk Cloth / Horse Name (Draw) SP Age / Wt Jockey / Trainer OR
1 6. Mayfield Girl (IRE) (2)ATR Tracker 40/1 3 9 - 1 D Allan
M Brittain
chased leader, ridden to lead entering final furlong, ran on, held on in closing stages
2 hd 7. The Art Of Racing (IRE) (3)ATR Tracker 12/1 3 9 - 0t1 Harry Bentley
Olly Stevens
held up in touch, headway over 1f out, ridden to challenge and every chance inside final furlong, ran on, just held
3 nk 1. Fils Anges (IRE) (7)ATR Tracker 7/4 Fav 3 9 - 7 Hayley Turner
M L W Bell
held up in last pair, ridden and hung right 2f out, headway and switched left over 1f out, strong run inside final furlong, finished well, not reach leaders
4 shd 11. My Name Is Rio (IRE) (4)ATR Tracker 20/1 3 8 - 8 T Eaves
M Dods
chased leaders, ridden over 1f out, every chance when hampered switched right and lost momentum inside final furlong, rallied and ran on in closing stages, not recover
5 nse 2. Secret Look (6)ATR Tracker 11/2 3 9 - 7 R L Moore
E S McMahon
reared and started slowly, behind, headway on stands rail over 1f out, strong run inside final furlong, finished well, not reach leaders
6 nk 8. Bispham Green (8)ATR Tracker 10/1 3 8 - 13 T Hamilton
R A Fahey
led ridden and joined 1f out, soon headed, stayed challenging until faded in closing stages
7 ½ 4. Secret Missile (5)ATR Tracker 9/1 3 9 - 2 M Dwyer
W R Muir
outpaced towards rear, headway over 1f out, ridden and ran on inside final furlong, not reach leaders
8 1½ 3. Moviesta (USA) (11)ATR Tracker 7/2 2Fav 3 9 - 5 P Mulrennan
B Smart
held up towards rear, pushed along halfway, headway over 1f out, stayed on same pace and no impression inside final furlong
9 3½ 10. Starlight Angel (IRE) (9)ATR Tracker 66/1 3 8 - 5 D E Egan (3)
R Harris
chased leaders, ridden and weakened final furlong
10 5 9. Khefyn (IRE) (10)ATR Tracker 25/1 3 8 - 10 J Doyle
R Harris
chased leaders on rail, ridden and weakened over 1f out
11 14 5. Midnight Dream (FR) (1)ATR Tracker 33/1 3 9 - 1 K Fallon
Kristin Stubbs
in touch on outside, pushed along halfway, ridden and weakened 2f out, behind and eased final furlong

Off Time:14:42:25
Winning Time:1m .47

fils anges,my name is rio,secret look

A race thats working out really well already and the three put up couldv'e well beaten the winner mayfield girl ,fils anges having to be switched wider of the field and finishing full of running.The 4th my name is rio was tanking along got hampered shuffled back and still ran on full of riunning and the 5th secret look giving the field 5/6l start and also tanking along at the end of the race.Mayfield girls come out again today and won again off 81 and just to frank it further the 6th in the race above was runner up to mayfield girl in that class 3 today wth 2ls back to satsuma.The way they finished these three will surely be winning more races.

Last edited:
Ripon Result
18 Apr 2013
« 5:05 » Hopton Brow Handicap (Class 5) (0-75, 3yo) 6f Good
£3,234.50, £962.50, £481.00, £240.50

WATCH RACE - 25p
RESULTRATE RACEShow all comments in running Show all pedigrees HORSE/SP AGE WGT TRAINER/JOCKEY OR TS RPR

« 1 10 Right Touch 9/4F 3 9-0 Richard Fahey 73 * *
b g Royal Applause - Amira (Efisio) George Chaloner7
Chased leaders stands' side, driven over 2f out, led that group 1f out, ran on to lead overall near finish (op 3/1 tchd 10/3)

« 2 3 nk Tumblewind 16/1 3 9-2 Richard Whitaker 68 * *
ch f Captain Rio - African Breeze (Atraf) Amy Ryan
Chased leader far side, led other three and overall leader inside final furlong, headed and no extra near finish (op 18/1)

« 3 14 1½ Dream Ally (IRE) 15/2 3 9-5 Jedd O'Keeffe 71 * *
b c Oasis Dream - Alexander Alliance (IRE) (Danetime) Phillip Makin
Dwelt, soon chasing leaders stands' side, led that group 2f out, edged right and headed 1f out, kept on same pace (tchd 7/1 and 8/1)

« 4 4 nk Ayasha 22/1 3 9-0 Bryan Smart 66 * *
b f Indesatchel (IRE) - Nizhoni (USA) (Mineshaft) Tom Eaves
Led three others and overall leader far side, headed inside final furlong far side group, no extra, 2nd of 4 in that group (op 20/1)

« 5 5 3¾ Relight My Fire 8/1 3 8-13 Tim Easterby 65 * *
ch g Firebreak - Making Music (Makbul) David Allan
Chased leading pair far side, effort over 2f out, weakened approaching final furlong, 3rd of 4 that group (op 20/1)

« 6 2 1 Dream Scenario 16/1 3 9-6 Mel Brittain 72 * *
b f Araafa (IRE) - Notjustaprettyface (USA) (Red Ransom) Paul Mulrennan
Last of 4 far side, kept on final 2f, never a threat, last of 4 that group (op 14/1)

« 7 7 hd Red Gift (IRE) 11/2 3 9-5 p Brian Ellison 71 * *
b g Chineur (FR) - Kiva (Indian Ridge) Dale Swift
Mid-division stands' side, outpaced over 2f out, kept on final furlong (tchd 6/1)

« 8 11 ¾ Medici Dancer 12/1 3 9-1 Tim Easterby 72 * *
ch f Medicean - Dance Away (Pivotal) Daryl Byrne5
In rear stands' side, kept on final 2f, never a factor (tchd 10/1 and 14/1)

« 9 6 2¼ Shatin Secret 20/1 3 8-12 Noel Wilson 67 * *
b c Sakhee's Secret - Al Corniche (IRE) (Bluebird) Raul Da Silva3
Chased leaders stands' side, lost place over 1f out

« 10 12 nk Street Battle (USA) 12/1 3 9-0 Tony Coyle 73 * *
b g Street Boss (USA) - J J's Kitty (USA) (Storm Cat) David Simmonson7
Dwelt, soon chasing leaders stands' side, weakened over 1f out (op 10/1)

« 11 13 6 Red Cobra (IRE) 11/1 3 9-4 Tim Easterby 70 * *
b g Redback - Queen Cobra (IRE) (Indian Rocket) Duran Fentiman
Led stands' side group, headed 2f out, weakening when hampered over 1f out (tchd 10/1)

« 12 8 8 Rat Catcher (IRE) 33/1 3 9-2 Andrew Crook 68 * *
b c One Cool Cat (USA) - Molly Marie (IRE) (Fasliyev) Kelly Harrison
Slowly away, switched left after start, in rear, behind final 2f, eased closing stages

« 13 9 38 Nellie Bly 14/1 3 9-2 Mark Johnston 68 * *
b f Exceed And Excel (AUS) - La Presse (USA) (Gone West) Franny Norton
In rear, behind 2f out, soon eased, virtually pulled up, tailed off (op 11/1 tchd 10/1)

13 ran TIME 1m 14.37s (slow by 3.37s

right touch,tumblewind,dream ally,ayasha

Some really interesting time comparisons and if these times work out these four are well ahead of their current marks.There were three 6f races run on wednesday at ripon,jonny cavagin winning off 77 carrying 8-13 winning a 71-85 handicap for older horses slow by 3.58 seconds,later on the card the 2nd div was won by baccarat and sandy lane baccarat off 84 carrying 9-6 slow by 3.30 seconds.
The 3yr old handcap above the fuirst four the race was slow by 3.37 seconds and yet they were only rated 73,68,71,66 and yet off levels all wouldv'e beaten baldemar second to jonny cavagin in the first div rated 71 with 80+ runners in behind.This could turn out to be exceptionally strong form for the grade so will be keeping a close eye on these runners as bar the winner and runner up the 3rd and 4th should go off decent prices.

6:45 - Cheltenham Betting Offers With bookmakers.co.uk Maiden Stakes
Full result
1m1½f, Class 5, £2,587.60

1 Premium 10/11F
2 Excellent Puck 7/1
3 Guising 25/1

NR: Inigo Montoya

9 ran Distances: ½l, 1½l, 7l
TIME 1m 58.77s (slow by 1.97s

premium,excellent puck,guising

Out of the blue this time and the quickest maiden of the year the second had looked exposed and will be off a very generous mark on previous form,the winner premium probably won't be any value but will undoubtedly be running early season on the turf.And the eyecatching third guising 4yr old on debut carrying massive weight and plenty of improvement to come,the race was over a second quicker than the handicap won by chookie royale winning off 82 later on the card.Should be some nice value with the second in handicap and worth following guising after this debut run!!

Guising runs at Windsor tonight.

G...when you compare same distance races on the same day as in the Ripon one above..do you think races over the other distances are important re comparing times?

on that card for instance there was a 5f handicap won by Another Citizen..time was 1.29 slow...which per mile is 2.06..which is faster than any of the 6f races per mile...baccarats was 3.8 slow at 6f..which is 5.06 per mile slow

I personally like the same distance comaparisons..but when another race over a different distance is faster it makes me question if the races i'm looking at are all just not true run.

frontier fighter

Massive improvement from frontier flight,had previously looked quite slow but today hacked up by 7ls in reasonable time considering ease of win and comparitive times on the rest of the card.Also looked green still entering the straight has only had five lifetime runs,was off a mark of 70 may get put up 10 pound for that run so would be taking a step up in class.More interesting maybe the switch to turf out of invincible spirit may get underestimated early season switched to the turf.Hard to lnow exactly how good he is still running green but one of the few eyecatchers this season on the aw.

First run on turf ;) and guising for the double,never did any singles as wasn't sure of the going so just did an ew double 9/2 9/2 so had to sacrifice the prices the guising form looks really good as angel gabrial had great form on faster ground last season.Another great monday!!:cool:That excellent puck form has worked out brilliant and gusings time at musselburugh looked ok last time out considering sluiced up by 7ls.

Last edited:
I wouldv'e actually won more if angel gabrial had won took 11s and 9/2 with final frontier thats all i did today,just so busy got very little time to get on here.Thats why i left these to follows on here,just so much racing to trawl through getting impossible to get on here at the moment will be even worse in a few weeks.Trying to keep track of the aw and turf plus all the new 2yrolds backtracking through the 3yr olds and getting prices its a nightmare.

Can win at that price i won't be backing it,sire never won on anything quicker than good still potentially extremely well handicapped on that swell time.The ground may turn out to be slower than fcast as they seem to overwater there but still wouldn't be value at that price although looking at the runners if it has got some juice you wouldn't find much form in there.

I saw the time of the 5f race EC but the one 6f race was 6ls back to the third and the 3yr olds were only rated in the 60s and low 70s obviously look slower ground horses as well so still worth looking out for off those marks.The times do look a bit suspect but because those 3yr olds are running off such low marks they could still be 10 pound out and be ok so worth justv seeing how they work out.

Last edited:
18:30 Windsor, 22 Apr 20136f
Sbobet.com Handicap (Class 3) (4YO plus)
Winner £7,439 - 15 ran
Good

Archive Video
Weighed In

Result Future Form Pos Dist. Silk Cloth / Horse Name (Draw) SP Age / Wt Jockey / Trainer OR
1 12. Nocturn (7)ATR Tracker 4/1 Fav 4 8 - 13p1 William Buick
J Noseda
took keen hold, chased leader, edged left 2f out, challenged and upsides when edged left inside final furlong, driven to lead post
2 nse 2. Poole Harbour (IRE) (14)ATR Tracker 20/1 4 9 - 5 S M Levey
R Hannon
chased leaders on outside, ridden to lead 1f out, ran on well, headed post
3 nk 5. Democretes (12)ATR Tracker 9/2 2Fav 4 9 - 4 R Hughes
R Hannon
held up in mid-division, headway over 1f out, not clear run when switched left and strong run final 100 yards, never quite going pace to reach leading pair
4 1 8. Harrison George (IRE) (2)ATR Tracker 10/1 8 9 - 2t K Fallon
P J O'gorman
chased leaders, driven along 2f out, stayed on same pace under pressure inside final furlong
5 1¼ 9. Frog Hollow (10)ATR Tracker 25/1 4 8 - 9 Matthew Lawson (5)
J M Bradley
towards rear, pushed along halfway, headway on outside over 1f out, kept on inside final furlong, no threat
6 shd 7. Charlotte Rosina (1)ATR Tracker 14/1 4 9 - 3h Dane O'Neill
R A Teal
led on rail, ridden and headed 1f out, no extra final 100 yards
7 ¾ 10. Ashpan Sam (8)ATR Tracker 33/1 4 8 - 13 Liam Jones
J L Spearing
chased leaders, challenged and every chance when slightly hampered entering final 2f, stayed chasing leaders, weakened inside final furlong
8 1¼ 14. Links Drive Lady (11)ATR Tracker 12/1 5 8 - 13 S De Sousa
D K Ivory
outpaced towards rear, never threatened
9 nk 13. Gladiatrix (6)ATR Tracker 7/1 4 8 - 8 Michael J M Murphy (5)
B R Millman
chased leaders 4f
10 ½ 1. Elusive Flame (13)ATR Tracker 8/1 4 9 - 7 R L Moore
D R C Elsworth
held up towards rear, headway over 1f out, pushed along plugged on same pace and no impression inside final furlong
11 3¾ 11. Jack My Boy (IRE) (5)ATR Tracker 33/1 6 8 - 8v D J Bates (5)
P D Evans
held up towards rear, never involved
12 ¾ 15. Italian Tom (IRE) (4)ATR Tracker 50/1 6 8 - 10 D E Egan (3)
R Harris
not much room leaving stalls and always towards rear
13 1¼ 16. My Kingdom (IRE) (3)ATR Tracker 20/1 7 8 - 10t David Probert
S C Williams
in touch on rail, pushed along halfway, soon lost place
14 1¼ 6. Lexi's Hero (IRE) (9)ATR Tracker 6/1 5 9 - 3 J P Spencer
E A L Dunlop
steadied start, held up in rear, never involved
15 3¾ 4. Barons Spy (IRE) (15)ATR Tracker 66/1 12 9 - 4 Jim Crowley
R J Price
mid-division on outside, pushed along halfway, soon weakened
3. Mezzotint (IRE) (16)ATR Tracker Non Runner 87

Off Time:18:31:51

frog hollow,harrison george

Frog hollow formerly with clive cox at one time looked to be going on to better things 3rd to rewarded and archbishop may 2012 off 90.Has been disappointing since that run slowly coming down the weights,has changed stabkles now with bradley.Was an eyecatcher at wolves behind tarooq 4 runs back finishing strongly over 6fs to be nearest finish and tonight the only real runner to come off the pace and finish 5th running on to unexposed sprinters.He doesn't look one to trust completely but think he's worth following for a while after this run and maybe a very stiff 6fs or 7fs running off an all time low mark of 83.
Didn't think i'd be putting harrison george up as one to follow but the last two runs have caught the eye.Penultimate run at donny was 8th of 20 in a hot handicap led then passed by a 1/2 dozen runners only to run on again looking to be in need of further.That form was franked today by york glory winning a decent handicap at ponte two places infront of harrison george at donny.Tonight was up with the pace throughout and on the drying ground although looking beat a furlong out was finding again at the finish,he looks in really good form and maybe a step up to 7fs will be the key last win october 2010 over 7fs on sft ground.If he's going to win will be now off just a mark of 85 lowest mark since july 2008!

Last edited:
Can win at that price i won't be backing it,sire never won on anything quicker than good still potentially extremely well handicapped on that swell time.The ground may turn out to be slower than fcast as they seem to overwater there but still wouldn't be value at that price although looking at the runners if it has got some juice you wouldn't find much form in there.

I saw the time of the 5f race EC but the one 6f race was 6ls back to the third and the 3yr olds were only rated in the 60s and low 70s obviously look slower ground horses as well so still worth looking out for off those marks.The times do look a bit suspect but because those 3yr olds are running off such low marks they could still be 10 pound out and be ok so worth justv seeing how they work out.

when i see 3 races over 6 like that i sometimes wonder if there is a reason the 5f race was faster..they tie together well and without that 5f time the 3yo's do look good

That race you would never have thought snooky wouldv'e led and at such a slow pace over 2 seconds slower than 54 rated jonnie skulls race.Still looked to me to not like the ground even though winning easily and shows he's got a turn of foot,the swell times that day pointed to him being a 90 horse and that may well be the case.May still be decent value in a better race.

What do you reckon to Penbryn tmr Andy, the form of his victory has worked out very well, running against Kyle of Bute nto worked out almost to the pond, with Alluring Star and Downtown Boy coming out and winning again as did Queethara by 2 lgths, same mark when 3rd to Delightful Sleep. Has 5lbs pull with DS for 2 lengths and shouldn't be much between them, 8/1 compared tp 9/2 DS. Think Chics Dream is running into form as well for the tricast!:lol:

Back