Daily picks.

Pigsick never had bet,but I sent abi scarlet out last time out and produced fastest speedfigure of the season on last run,infact has beaten hannahs turn by the exact distance the time equates to.She was 9/2 last night non runner drifts to 9/1 and wins not a penny on!

Yes i noticed that time on last run in seller 1/2 sec faster than Hannahs, also beat Spitfire by almost the same distance, thats why i was trying to get you and didn't back either.

I didn't like mappin time at all but there was the baugh horse as well I wasn't even watching the betting so never saw the winner drift as would've backed it I only saw the last furlong and result,thought it was around 4/1.Surface was extremely slow today as well so hannahs turn,she may well still win another yet when you think she clocked 1m15.01 when the surface was pretty slow easily yet todays time was 1m16.20.It maybe when the surface speeds up she might get away from them.She may simply not be good enough,but I wouldn't bet against her going close again when it's a bit quicker and she will have a little break I would imagine..

First Mohican on is hurdling debut today at Donny, This could be a serious cheltenham horse as been schooling and working well at home. A good test for him today with Electroyzer in race but FM is a class horse. Also been told Gone to far is also working welll at home after a break with the Henderson horse the big danger. I will be there cheering them on.

Electrolyser wasn't expected to win last time so it's fair to assume he'll improve on that effort.

PS this should be on the what are you backing today thread rather than Gigilo's thread.

Last edited:
15:00 Lingfield (A.W.), 4 Feb 20145f
Compare Bookmakers At Bookmakers.co.uk Handicap (Class 5) (4YO plus)
Winner £2,727 - 7 ran
Standard

Archive Video
Weighed In

Result Future Form Pos Dist. Silk Cloth / Horse Name (Draw) SP Age / Wt Jockey / Trainer OR
1 Light blue, red epaulets, dark blue sleeves, red cap 6. Roy's Legacy (8)ATR Tracker 10/1 5 8 - 11 Michael J M Murphy (3)
S A Harris
quickly away from wide draw, made all, ridden and in command when edged right briefly inside final furlong, ran on well
2 1¾ Pink and mauve stripes, mauve and pink striped cap 7. Secret Millionaire (IRE) (5)ATR Tracker 11/4 Fav 7 8 - 13 Luke Morris
A W Carroll
chased leaders, pushed along 2f out, ridden and went 2nd over 1f out, kept on same pace inside final furlong
3 1½ Purple, yellow and emerald green chevrons on sleeves, white cap, yellow star 5. Alnoomaas (IRE) (2)ATR Tracker 3/1 J2Fav 5 8 - 12 George Downing (5)
L A Dace
awkward leaving stalls, held up, headway over 1f out, stayed on under pressure to 3rd final 125 yards, never going pace of leading duo
4 1¼ Dark blue, pink cross of lorraine, sleeves and cap 2. Ask The Guru (7)ATR Tracker 8/1 4 9 - 6v Jim Crowley
M J Attwater
chased winner, ridden and lost 2nd over 1f out, chased leading pair, no impression when weakened into 4th final 125 yards
5 ½ Brown, beige hoops and armlets 3. Only Ten Per Cent (IRE) (1)ATR Tracker 3/1 J2Fav 6 9 - 6v F Tylicki
J R Jenkins
held up, ridden on inside over 1f out, never on terms
6 1¼ White, dark green armlets 8. Mossgo (IRE) (3)ATR Tracker 9/2 4 8 - 13t Hayley Turner
J R Best
chased leaders on inside, ridden over 1f out, weakened inside final furlong
7 3¼ Light blue, yellow seams, sleeves and cap 1. Billy Red (6)ATR Tracker 33/1 10 9 - 7b J Fanning
J R Jenkins
held up, pushed along halfway, behind well over 1f out, never on terms
Purple, grey and purple striped sleeves, hooped cap 4. Drawnfromthepast (IRE) (4)ATR Tracker Non Runner 69

Off Time:15:02:22
Winning Time:0m 57.94s

Roys legacy

Five year old but taken a lot of racing only 1/26 on turf but 7/27 on the aw and 4/8 over the 5fs at lingfield.The beauty of some of these aw horses they just run the same race over and over again he'll probably still be able to run in this grade won quite tidily and looks in very good form having won off 71 jan 2013.They went under 58 seconds as well which doesn't happen that often he looks like he could win again in these very weakly contested races..

15:45 Lingfield (A.W.), 4 Jan 20141m
Ladbrokes Handicap (Class 4) (4YO plus)
Winner £4,942 - 10 ran
Standard

Archive Video
Weighed In

Click here....
Pos Dist. Silk Cloth / Horse Name (Draw) SP Age / Wt Jockey / Trainer OR
1 Royal blue, light blue stars, white sleeves, light blue stars and cap 1. Indian Jack (IRE) (5)ATR Tracker 5/1 6 9 - 7 Luke Morris
Ed Walker
held up in touch, headway under pressure 2f out, ridden and went 2nd inside final furlong, stayed on well to lead near finish
2 ½ Purple, red star, red cap 4. Naaz (IRE) (2)ATR Tracker 9/2 2Fav 4 9 - 3b A Kirby
E A L Dunlop
tracked leaders, switched inside and effort inside final 2f, led 1f out, soon ridden, kept on until headed and no extra near finish
3 3¾ Black, red striped sleeves, check cap 3. Scottish Glen (8)ATR Tracker 3/1 Fav 8 9 - 6 G Baker
P R Chamings
held up in touch, chased leaders on outside entering straight, soon ridden, stayed on to take 3rd inside final furlong, no impression with front pair
4 nse Black, yellow stars, hooped sleeves and star on cap 6. The Great Gabrial (4)ATR Tracker 7/1 5 9 - 2v J P Spencer
A J McCabe
tracked leaders, driven and effort on outside over 1f out, kept under pressure inside final furlong, just held for 3rd, no impression with front pair
5 ½ Red, black chevron, black sleeves, red armlets, red cap, black diamond 11. My Kingdom (IRE) (1)ATR Tracker 16/1 8 8 - 10t Adam Beschizza
S C Williams
held up in touch on inside, driven over 2f out, ridden over 1f out, stayed on same pace under pressure final furlong, never troubled leaders
6 3¾ Purple, white sleeves, black armlets, hooped cap 7. Ishikawa (IRE) (11)ATR Tracker 8/1 6 8 - 9p1 R J Fitzpatrick (7)
K R Burke
led after 1f, driven over 2f out, ridden and headed 1f out, weakened inside final furlong
7 ½ Royal blue and red diabolo, emerald green sleeves, black and white quartered cap 2. Canadian Run (IRE) (9)ATR Tracker 6/1 4 9 - 7h S M Levey
R Mills
led 1f, tracked leader, ridden over 1f out, weakened inside final furlong
8 5 Pink and black check, pink sleeves, pink cap, black star 9. Camachoice (IRE) (7)ATR Tracker 16/1 4 9 - 0 M Harley
M Botti
towards rear, ridden over 3f out, never a factor
9 3 Light blue, pink cross belts, black cap 10. Ancient Greece (10)ATR Tracker 14/1 7 8 - 13t A Mullen
George Baker
soon outpaced, behind, ridden 3f out, never dangerous
10 1¼ Light blue, purple stars, light blue sleeves, purple cap 5. Soaring Spirits (IRE) (6)ATR Tracker 14/1 4 9 - 3b R Winston
D K Ivory
in rear, struggling over 3f out, never dangerous
Black and yellow check, diabolo on sleeves 8. Arabian Heights (3)ATR Tracker Non Runner 78

Off Time:15:47:03
Winning Time:1m 35.53s

Indian jack

Indian jack has always been stuck in the mid 80s highest ever mark 89 highest winning mark 85 won today off 84 a lot of his races seems toget beat through lack of pace.Todays pace was ideal under pressure for 6fs of the race till slightly stopped in run,this long striding gelding getting on top nicely at finish.He actually looks as though he wants further but I think lingfield he needs guaranteed pace,as his third to horsten Keynes showed,even at 6 hemay have some untapped potential to win in higher grade as shown at York this season when 3rd of 20 to trade storm.The time of todays race was pretty much inline with a lot of races run there recently,but I think the track was riding a bit slower the win of perfect pastures race although run in 1m10.16 on recent races of this grade I would've expected to be faster.The time of indian jacks compares favourably and with Scottish glen and the great Gabriel looking outclassed in midfield these two maybe better than the grade suggests!!

Pigsick,never backed it and to add insult to injury backed the second which should've hacked up,infact the second the more you watch the race was completely different class to these!!!

Pigsick,never backed it and to add insult to injury backed the second which should've hacked up,infact the second the more you watch the race was completely different class to these!!!

Don't know how or why but i didnt add IJ to my tracker. I backed him but would of had more on if i'd known he was one of yours!

The race was run to suit,but even off that slow pace the second could've won 3/4ls they still struggled to get home even in the time of 2m3.48 showing the class difference of shavanskys previous form.Shavansky last time out ran n race won in 2m1.73 over c/d,don't know what she was doing on the second looking ar the head on one of the worst rides seen in ages..

The race was run to suit,but even off that slow pace the second could've won 3/4ls they still struggled to get home even in the time of 2m3.48 showing the class difference of shavanskys previous form.Shavansky last time out ran n race won in 2m1.73 over c/d,don't know what she was doing on the second looking ar the head on one of the worst rides seen in ages..

He needs stronger handling for sure. He was well supported last night and clearly handicapped to win, but he seems to find trouble and after todays run will prob be a short price NTO

The time told you those horses off those ratings aren't well handicapped bar the second over that trip,especially if they run in a quicker race..

15:45 Lingfield (A.W.), 8 Feb 20146f
Compare Bookmakers At Bookmakers.co.uk Handicap (Class 2) (4YO plus)
Winner £12,291 - 12 ran
Standard

Archive Video
Weighed In

Pos Dist. Silk Cloth / Horse Name (Draw) SP Age / Wt Jockey / Trainer OR
1 Pink, purple sash and sleeves, quartered cap 6. Rivellino (5)ATR Tracker 8/1 4 9 - 1 D Tudhope
K R Burke

2 nk Pink, light green cross belts, white sleeves, light green cap 4. Alben Star (IRE) (7)ATR Tracker 10/1 6 9 - 1 George Chaloner (3)
R A Fahey

3 nk Yellow, dark blue spots on sleeves 11. Absolutely So (IRE) (9)ATR Tracker 5/2 Fav 4 8 - 8 David Probert
A M Balding

4 2¼ Orange, emerald green sleeves, orange armlets, quartered cap 2. Perfect Pasture (1)ATR Tracker 4/1 2Fav 4 9 - 7v G Gibbons
M W Easterby

5 shd White, red sash, red and white striped cap 7. Iptisam (3)ATR Tracker 5/1 5 8 - 12p Luke Morris
J Tate

6 1 Dark blue, pink cross of lorraine, sleeves and cap 9. Noble Deed (2)ATR Tracker 20/1 4 8 - 9 Liam Jones
M J Attwater

7 nk Red, grey sleeves, red and grey hooped cap 10. Taajub (IRE) (8)ATR Tracker 33/1 7 8 - 9 S W Kelly
P Crate

8 ½ Red, mauve epaulets and star on cap 5. Piscean (USA) (11)ATR Tracker 33/1 9 9 - 2 G Baker
T Keddy

9 1½ Light blue, light blue and pink diabolo on sleeves 1. Nocturn (6)ATR Tracker 6/1 5 9 - 7p L Dettori
J Noseda

10 ¾ Orange, emerald green stars on sleeves 8. Clockmaker (IRE) (12)ATR Tracker 50/1 8 8 - 11 Hayley Turner
C R Dore

11 1 Dark blue, pink spots, sleeves and cap 3. Woolfall Sovereign (IRE) (4)ATR Tracker 20/1 8 9 - 4 Barry McHugh
G G Margarson

12 ½ Pink, emerald green diamonds on sleeves, pink cap, emerald green diamond 12. Diamond Charlie (IRE) (10)ATR Tracker 14/1 6 8 - 8 J P Spencer
S Dow

Off Time:15:45:40
Winning Time:1m 9.70s

Piscean

Veteran now at 9 but a decent aw handicapper on his day,he's 8/31 on the aw hadn't run since October,he was drawn 11 today George baker dropping in conceding 3/4ls in diong so having very little chance from that break.He eventually made up ground into midfield and once hitting the furlong pole was allowed to come home in his own time.This was an encouraging run with ground conceded and ridden with some nice handicaps coming up in mind,plus the chances are he will be huge prices 33/1 today.
This time last year he won off 98 beating York glory off levels rated 103 at wolves,runner up in group race last year and on a mark of 109,he followed that up with 2nd to tarooq off 100.He was off 95 today lowest winning mark since December 2012.The run today shows he maybe about to hit form and he runs well at wolves and lingfield off these sort of marks on the aw he's dangerous and the prices will be value.

What do you think of Noble Citizen today Andy, on for the hat trick, thought Thatchmaster looked a differant class animal to the others lto on looks alone.

Also Abi Scarlett, do you think will stay the 7th furlong today? 5lbs higher today but with Morrisons horses not right last year could possibly be still well h'capped, anywhere else and i don't think this extra 1f would bother me too much but different kettle of fish here.

No not betting in those races thatchmaster looks interesting will be going on to follows if it wins has 6ls to find with top horse so will be interesting to see if it can improve that much.Very little value in way of prices so I havn't bothered with the last either,just kicked off with a beauty at swell only bets today...

Seen your PP picks, so notice you have Ace Master in with a good chance against Abi Scarlett, which is the way i see it as well, how much has that little lot cost you in stakes on the PP?
Also think Hot Right Now should follow up from Emperatrix.

I told you above it had 6ls to find with tellovoi and probably 10ls to find with noble citizen,the times worked out again although track was quicker when noble citizen won.Probably a 95 horse on that surface looking at that win noble citizen,the way they were spread-eagled..

Back