« 4 4 3½ Roaring Rory 10/1 3 9-6 Ollie Pears 64 * *
P J McDonald

« 5 5 2 Name That Toon 33/1 3 8-0 v Derek Shaw 49 * *
Noel Garbutt5

« UR 6 Rampers (IRE) 11/4 3 9-1 Jamie Osborne 64 * *
Lucy K Barry5

6 ran TIME 1m 0.65s (slow by 2.65s

Ticking away

I've mentioned a few on the thread at swell this season that had looked absolutely chucked in after their wins on surface play nicely,wolowitz but todays winner ticking kate a 65 rated 3yr old was ridiculous winning in a canter and had the race won 2 1/2 furlongs out,david brown is a trainer like following with these sprinters I put a similar one on here a couple of seasons ago samhain won a couple of races but think it had quite a few problems.Todays winner hopefully woll turn out better than that runner,it's impossible to guess how good he is till the second runs again but unless you watch the race reading the bare form really means little.He must've been at least 12-15ls maybe more better than the second eventually winning by 2 3/4ls I'd be amazed if on this surface isn't at least minimum 90 horse the handicapper will probably put him up 8 pound that will take him to 73 even more interesting will be to see if he can transfer that form back to turf as early season could knock up a sequence.
There was another maiden 5f race ion the card 60 rated Sadie baby carrying 24 pound less but only .10 quicker than 65 rated ticking away yet as mentioned he's at least 10ls better than this form so you could come up with some crazy rating for him,you would have to think the seller winner will just be over rated but still the comparison makes interesting reading especially as she also won by 7ls.There may just be a possibility that david brown could have something way beyond its mark..

When I say a rise of 8 pound that's what I would expect by distance won,as they usually handicap them although he could lump 11 pound on to make sure it stsys out of those races for horses upto 75,that would be out of line by the way they usually handicap them so will be interesting..

Last edited:
Might be worth having a multiple on some short ones tomorrow one or two might be worth a small single,not my sort of bets as just as hard to pick winners at these short prices that are true value.Always bet smaller when I'm backing shorter prices unless something looks outsyanding,there's 3 tomorrow that ran slightly above average last time out and will have some small singles on those three,also ew Trixie on the 3.....ew superyankee

Ballista 11/8 365/victor

Abareeq 6/5 hills/skybet/victor might be worth a small bet decent time on debut 5/4 lads 11/8 365

Evening starlet 4/1 365/victor won by 5ls again respectable time looks worth a small bet 9/2 ppower

Shoofly 3/1 skybet/hills/victor

Magical path 3/1 lads/totesport/betfred/victor/lads/corals 10/30 hills 4/1 betbright another decent speedfigure over c/d another small bet

8.10 Wolves

Essentially guessing when you bet in these low grade handicaps as one good run followed by a bad one,pipers piping ran its first respectable race since winning over c/d last june off 50.Was staying on strongly last time out to be nearest finish in 6th,the winner Caledonian laird,Zed candy girl and Mr christopher all won next time out,that race was better than tomorrows and although pipers piping is just as likely to bomb out at the age opf 10 looks as though stil retains a little ability.Tomorrow he gets to run off 51 if there's a decent pace on which looks likely then he could outrun his prices..

Pipers piping 12/1 hills/365/victor 10/1 skybet/totesport/betfred/ppower/lads/corals wouldn't take less than 10s..

Last edited:
Might be worth having a multiple on some short ones tomorrow one or two might be worth a small single,not my sort of bets as just as hard to pick winners at these short prices that are true value.Always bet smaller when I'm backing shorter prices unless something looks outsyanding,there's 3 tomorrow that ran slightly above average last time out and will have some small singles on those three,also ew Trixie on the 3.....ew superyankee

Ballista 11/8 365/victor

Abareeq 6/5 hills/skybet/victor might be worth a small bet decent time on debut 5/4 lads 11/8 365

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!Only won by 7ls pulling up :cool::lol::lol: day covered now got 7/4 and 15/8 as well incredible prices...;)

Evening starlet 4/1 365/victor won by 5ls again respectable time looks worth a small bet 9/2 ppower

Shoofly 3/1 skybet/hills/victorWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHOOOOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! 11/8:ninja::lol:

Magical path 3/1 lads/totesport/betfred/victor/lads/corals 10/30 hills 4/1 betbright another decent speedfigure over c/d another small bet

8.10 Wolves

Essentially guessing when you bet in these low grade handicaps as one good run followed by a bad one,pipers piping ran its first respectable race since winning over c/d last june off 50.Was staying on strongly last time out to be nearest finish in 6th,the winner Caledonian laird,Zed candy girl and Mr christopher all won next time out,that race was better than tomorrows and although pipers piping is just as likely to bomb out at the age opf 10 looks as though stil retains a little ability.Tomorrow he gets to run off 51 if there's a decent pace on which looks likely then he could outrun his prices..

Pipers piping 12/1 hills/365/victor 10/1 skybet/totesport/betfred/ppower/lads/corals wouldn't take less than 10s..

Last edited:

Ballista 11/8 365/victor

Shoofly 3/1 skybet/hills/victor

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!If only these books knew what they were laying at 10/30 run to 80 on debut with improvement to come craziness,another cracking day sealed..

8.10 Wolves

And almost a perfcet end to the day with pipers pining,got the 14s as well exactle how race looked a pace collapse just beaten by the draw doesn't get much better than that been monstrous start to the year...destruction job..

I saw your post about the david brown horse thought I was imagining things after you deleted it,finding it hard to use the times as they are so quick bit like the mile maiden there on the same night very fast again but proximity of runners suggests the times are exaggerating how good they really are so will be interesting to see how that 7f race works out.

7.45 Wolves

This looks a weakish race for horses upto 90 some have already run against each other in slowly run races and there's very little done anything on the clock apache storm looks the best horse in the race and think its worth upping her in trip to at least see if she gets the 7f furlongs.
It might be worth having a speculaive bet on pretty bubbles in this race,has been running abysmally last 4 runs infact she's never gone more than 3 races without being placed so has been in worst form of her life.
There might be a few small postives,she's now off lowest mark since december 2014 winning off 79 tomorrow odf 76 she gets a first time visor plus the most eyecatching thing jock booking frederick tylicki has rode her 20 times and only 4 of those runs been unplaced infact the unplaced runs were two fourths and two fifths and hasn't rode her in recent runs.She's never been bigger than 12/1 the twenty times he's rode her and also jenkins horses have been in form and recently got a similar type monsieur jamie to win after long losing run.She's obviously a speculative pick on last 5 runs but if she ran anywhere near her placed form this race looks weak enough she could be at least competitive,havn't got a clue what will happen with price could even be big drifter maybe 20s tomorrow so if any firms are bog then worth taking...

Pretty bubbles 14/1 corals/hills/victor/betway/racebet

Hope you had a saver,i knew they were slowboats apache different class had fortunes running on a 25/1 shot in the last at wolves tonight in a multiple..Be back Tuesday...;)

Last edited:
Easter classic

Basically same race but maybe letsgo will be running,doesn't look as good a bet as Saturdays race looking at the result if battalion had run anywhere near best would've been involved in the finish with maverick way finishing in second.This time though presently only 9/1 but again looking at the entrys same horses bar the godolphin horse,grendisars so consistent will always be incvolved but that form just looks weak so again coming back from the break looks like it will suit.Actually finished behing grendisar and letsgo last season in November but that was after 5/6 runs so only has 3ls to find,may even get some bigger prices yet..

Battalion 9/1 skybet...

11/2 now be 4/1-9/2;) on the day..

4.30 Swell

A weak race for horses rated up to 75 jaarih looks the most likely winner if returns to the form of beating sleepy blue ocean off just a pound lower earlier in season,not as good lately but probably only one of two horses open to progress on the surface.Most of the runners are thoroughly exposed on the surface and at optimum marks on this surface and c/d,percy's gal is an interesting runner for Karen tutty has only run at swell once last season when second off 76 in different class race to tomorrows had some decent handicappers a long way behind in that race last august.The main negative would be 161 days off has never run that well after a break but she did get I'm super too to run well last week after a lay off,she seems to lay this horse out for carlise won there only two wins but its overall form on the turf is also a lot better than these as well.If she has it fit and ready then would look overpriced in a race where a lot of these shouldn't be winning in this grade,viva verglas has become thoroughly unreliable but looks another that should run well In this grade after dropping another 3 pound since 3rd to borough boy over c/d.Karen tutty doesn't have many winners but think betting in this would be interesting as the race is pretty weak so I'd expect it to be backed even though from small unfashionable stable if anywhere near its best..

Percy's gal 14/1 365/victor/hills

14/1 marathonbet whoever they are:lol:

Last edited:
Southwell (AW) Result
16 Mar 2016
« 5:15 » DAILY PRICE BOOSTS AT UNIBET HANDICAP
(Class 6) (0-65, 3yo) 5f Standard
£2,587.60, £770.00, £384.80, £192.40
RESULTRATE RACE
Show all comments in runningShow all pedigrees
HORSE/SP AGE WGT TRAINER/JOCKEY OR TS RPR

« 1 1 Ticking Away 6/4F 3 9-7 David Brown 65 * *
Sean Levey

« 2 3 2¾ Fumbo Jumbo (IRE) 5/2 3 9-5 Garry Moss 63 * *
David Allan

« 3 7 7 Kiringa 20/1 3 8-4 Robert Cowell 48 * *
Kieran O'Neill

« 4 4 3½ Roaring Rory 10/1 3 9-6 Ollie Pears 64 * *
P J McDonald

« 5 5 2 Name That Toon 33/1 3 8-0 v Derek Shaw 49 * *
Noel Garbutt5

« UR 6 Rampers (IRE) 11/4 3 9-1 Jamie Osborne 64 * *
Lucy K Barry5

6 ran TIME 1m 0.65s (slow by 2.65s

Ticking away

I've mentioned a few on the thread at swell this season that had looked absolutely chucked in after their wins on surface play nicely,wolowitz but todays winner ticking kate a 65 rated 3yr old was ridiculous winning in a canter and had the race won 2 1/2 furlongs out,david brown is a trainer like following with these sprinters I put a similar one on here a couple of seasons ago samhain won a couple of races but think it had quite a few problems.Todays winner hopefully woll turn out better than that runner,it's impossible to guess how good he is till the second runs again but unless you watch the race reading the bare form really means little.He must've been at least 12-15ls maybe more better than the second eventually winning by 2 3/4ls I'd be amazed if on this surface isn't at least minimum 90 horse the handicapper will probably put him up 8 pound that will take him to 73 even more interesting will be to see if he can transfer that form back to turf as early season could knock up a sequence.
There was another maiden 5f race ion the card 60 rated Sadie baby carrying 24 pound less but only .10 quicker than 65 rated ticking away yet as mentioned he's at least 10ls better than this form so you could come up with some crazy rating for him,you would have to think the seller winner will just be over rated but still the comparison makes interesting reading especially as she also won by 7ls.There may just be a possibility that david brown could have something way beyond its mark..

When I say a rise of 8 pound that's what I would expect by distance won,as they usually handicap them although he could lump 11 pound on to make sure it stsys out of those races for horses upto 75,that would be out of line by the way they usually handicap them so will be interesting..

Told you he was a bit special won just as easy as last time out that 90 mark I said could even be underestimating him really looking forward to see how good he really is those times were obviously a true reflectyion of ratings,love seeing horses like this that could turn out to be a bit special...
Jock even mentioned samhain as I mentioned in write up!!

Dundalk 6.00

Your Pal Tal back over 5f drawn 2 tomorrow. Down to a mark of 71 now. Interesting one.

can it win at this level though Slim?..in last 18 months has raced for 8k or more with form figures of 80276000..whereas 7k or less 65232111558696. It looks to me that its nearly ready to show.. .. it jumps again to 11k tomorrow, It might win but wonder if a large drop in class is imminent after tomorrow.

Your Pal Tal 6:30 tomorrow evening in Dundalk - takes the large drop in class as you suspected EC1 - Ladbrokes just opened up at 12/1.
Could prove to be a big price in a 6 runner field.

credit to you Slim..if you hadn't mentioned it ..i wouldn't have broke its form down

happy days anyway

I sent that work on to someone today who was going racing. He also thought they were cheating with it. He was most impressed with your digging.

Easter classic

Basically same race but maybe letsgo will be running,doesn't look as good a bet as Saturdays race looking at the result if battalion had run anywhere near best would've been involved in the finish with maverick way finishing in second.This time though presently only 9/1 but again looking at the entrys same horses bar the godolphin horse,grendisars so consistent will always be incvolved but that form just looks weak so again coming back from the break looks like it will suit.Actually finished behing grendisar and letsgo last season in November but that was after 5/6 runs so only has 3ls to find,may even get some bigger prices yet..

Battalion 9/1 skybet...

This now looks a hell of an each way bet at 11/2.

Top boy doesn't win very often 1/36 on turf but better record on the aw 2/10 and 5 places,has dropped to lowest mark since winning over c/d when winning off 73 in april 2014 his last two runs at wolves has been 2nd to mappin time off 82 and last april was 2nd to red baron off 83 in better race than this.He was 4th in a class 2 in march 2015 off 87 at chelmsford tomorrow is off 79, returns after a 5 month break but has done that the last three seasons finishing 1/3/3 the other runner with form similar or almost as good at its best is vimy ridge 5th to royal birth off 87 in january and recent 2nd in this class off 81 these two have contested better races than this previously and would look 4/1 shots in this sort oif race....They look cracking trades top boy should be massive gamble at that price..

Vimy ridge 15/2 365 Top boy 14/1 365

8/1 skybet/lads/hills/corals

12/1 ads/hills/skybet was ex[pectiong top boy to open 6/1..

Still worth taking all the 10s as long as its trying could go half of that 10/1 with 365/skybet/totesport/betfred/victor/ppower/corasls/hills only way it doesn't shorten if non tryer...

12/1 betfred/totesport/betbright

6/1 Vimy ridge 8/1 Top boy still think vimy ridge will shorten at least another point yet and if shaws got his right then should shorten even more as well there's even a possibility one of them could go off fav..

Last edited:
Back