Daily picks.

Traded out at 10.0 stew backed it with 4 books!!I don't fancy anything today couple of trade thats all it was worth rest of its rubbish,was going to back the knight horse in the maiden but i've backed quite a few like this lately that are going to be on great marks.Like the one on the aw yesterday,completely false form race run in almost 1m40,back to turf snip in handicap.

I'm allowed 0.41c @ 12/1 with spoils.
Strange that !
I've never had any prob getting a bet with Boyles.
And I bash their 10:30am Saturday Bismark every week to the max €50
Same with their "Gone In SixtySeconds" offer -- same again to €50 .
(Yesterday's Tevez to Score Anytime @ 12/5 being the most recent example -- 3.05 on Betfair).
There has been a a decent four-figure sum taken from Boyles, genuinely, and never even a hint of a restriction to date after at least four years of an active account.

I like Boyles -- the are one of a diminishing pool of online books who go BOG on all races Ire and UK.
But most of all, I'm compelled to stick up for 'em since they're the only bookmakers globally with the balls to still lay a bet on that sport which "daren't mention it's name".
And they sponsor that sport too -- which is the one game I love more than any other, and that includes horseracing.
(The finals of which happen every year at Clonmel during the first week of February). ;)

They removed my BOG two years ago which didn't bother me because I've never backed a drifter in my life. Taking €1,200 off them on the back of a free bet and backing two horses at 6/4 and 7/4 overnight that SP'd at 2/5 and 4/7 respectively finished me with them. I was still slipping through bets lately. For example I got €100 on France to beat Engkand at 21/10 by doing them in doubles with 1/50 shots. Since that I'm to win a fiver. I'm tempted to ask someone to open me a cash deposit account in their shops.

Last edited:
There's a good thread on the Irish Sports forum on Betfair each year on said sport Icebreaker - not sure if you post on it.

My experience of Boyles is the same as SC's - hard to get a bet on and pricing up overnight just for the early marks with risk of £40-50.

Boyles were the first to restrict me-which unfortunately gave me the impression that I had the game by the balls.Mind you that was in 2005 and a lot of people thought they knew everything that was worth knowing.

Traded out at 10.0 stew backed it with 4 books!!I don't fancy anything today couple of trade thats all it was worth rest of its rubbish,was going to back the knight horse in the maiden but i've backed quite a few like this lately that are going to be on great marks.Like the one on the aw yesterday,completely false form race run in almost 1m40,back to turf snip in handicap.

Sluices up!!:ninja:

Nice shout. Any thoughts on the plunge on the ex-Kevin Prendergast trained Mawaakef (8/1-5/2). They never liked him after his Group 2 Beresford 2nd here and a few people got caught laying him to be unplaced in Killarney last summer. Connections today certainly knew what to expect. So obvious with hindsight isn't it!

Think it was just the case everything disliked the ground don't think the ratings were that relevant in the race,the winners third run in 3 weeks you wouldn't want to back the others off those marks on soft.
That knight horse is on my to follows ran faster than saigon at newbury and lady gorgeous 5th in the nell gwyn,the 4th won off 85 recently at lingfield so looked a 90+ horse.Time of the race 1.24.05 vey good for debut run of the season listed class!

Wasn't by any chance Dance Company in the 5:00?

Edmaaj made a nice come back run after 500 days off beaten a nck by flying applause was hampered and shuffled back in that race and so can be counted an unlucky loser,has a 6 pound pull in the weights the negative would be the short break back from his last run probably wouldv'e liked to have seen a bigger gap.I thought he would open up 7/4 in this and go off nearer evens as its very difficult to make a case for the others,even though that race didn't look great having chosen character 6ls behind and rated 74,he had some decent form in slightly higher grade.The 4th in the race icy blue was 10ls behind and had beaten horses rated higher than all of tomorrows on previous runs,so with exact same c/d conditions they look the two to concentrate on.Edmaaj looks like being massively overbet to me and it may be then worth having a saver on flying applause if that happpens.

I'm sweet on Fazza in the race Giglo refers to. Improved last year, winning two handicaps at roughly this time of year and went on to win another one shortly afterwards at Carlisle off a mark of 68 last June. Key piece of form could be the third to useful handicapping yardstick The Osteopath at Haydock at the backend of last season on heavy at Haydock off same mark as tomorrow, where he showed he not only copes with heavy but may even be unexposed (or better) on it. The last poor run should be ignored and I can see Fazza sitting just off the pace tomorrow which he usually does when he runs with merit and then kicking on 2F on and win quite comfortably.:)

I understand I'm taking on a master forumite, but you only live once.:)

Last edited:
Certainly wouldn't put you off fella like i said the fav may need a longer break and i can't see why yours couldn't run well in this race as it looks poor.If the prices are ok i will do some comb fcasts and tricasts ;).

There's a good thread on the Irish Sports forum on Betfair each year on said sport Icebreaker -
Indeed, I.S., a very useful and informative thread year-after-year. Some shrewd judges and good clockmen men contributing.
The non-public forums.greyhoundnuts.com is top class also, but you need an Irish Coursing Club membership I.D. to access it.

Not my sort of thing but there's a chap over there who posts the results, draws etc. for all the Trial Stakes and the like from September (I think) onwards.

Sadly don't seem to be able to post over there anymore though - might need to open a new account :)

Trades looking good.I see pawans entered at brighton on thursday just been doing the form after 539 days off 12 yrs old now.

It is impressive when you put up a 5/2 shot and it gets bet right in. Even if you have a legion of followers it's still exceptional. For the record I did not go in on this one

It's not necessarily anyone following on some of these it's just knowing when the prices are wrong and also knowing they will keep backing them down as i said looked 7/4 shot.I also said in the write up,about the lay off so not to be trading would be stupid if you're 99% certain,same as baby dottie today was never going to be a great win bet but was always going to be overbet.
Infact i've crossed baby dottie off now got placed won't be value and they were obviously trying today!
Everyday i miss horses i know will be overbet,i just can't get bets on half of them i have to rely on others.

Back