Daily picks.

Morning Andy, had a couple of days off, too many runners for me to hack through, just having a look at the Ripon 3.40 1m race. Looks very closely h'capped and most could win but can't help thinking that Dont call me is massively overpriced, what do you reckon?

i had a look at this race this morning..

on this surface the 3 i think the winner will come from are ..
Silvery Moon ..Don't Call Me...Dubai Dynamo

from a pace angle Dunno should set the pace without any horse bothering him..Silvery Moon pulls if the pace isn't decent so i think there is a chance this race won't suit..i don't think the pace will suit Don't Call Me either..needs a strong pace.....so i think Dubai Dynamo is the one to be on

Don't Call Me is very big as you say..just the pace not right for it

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply EC1, only downside to Dubai Dynamo is that he hasn't won on anything softer than good but has run many decent places on G/S. Wouldn't be suprised to see anything win this to be honest.
Think that Edmaaj looks to have a very good chance in the 4.10 race. Looks to have been a touch unlucky not to have won a race yet with 4 seconds to his name but looks well h'capped on some of those runs. Hoping ground was too bad for him lto but still beat Fazza in 3rd, won since quite easily. Should be a good pace on with Johnny lesters hair and License to till to set a fast pace, hopefully wont get too far behind at the start and come through late on.

To much changing of ground for me to be betting stew,just end up doing your cobblers just watching for a few days till the ground drys out properly.
Bit disappointed with the 2yr olds so far as well as this time last year i had 6/7 guaranteed group winners,so far i havn't seen anything especially on the clock thats worth following so i'm getting a bit bored!!
A few days off watching replays,i don't like anything in those ripon races either especially at the prices although i've had one bet backed pearl blue at 6s but i'm not convinced 6fs is preferable over the 5f.

Stick to trading as picking winners is pure guesswork on these fcast grounds,thats all i'm doing for a few days and the aw at least i know i can rely on the surface.

Thanks for the reply EC1, only downside to Dubai Dynamo is that he hasn't won on anything softer than good but has run many decent places on G/S. Wouldn't be suprised to see anything win this to be honest.
Think that Edmaaj looks to have a very good chance in the 4.10 race. Looks to have been a touch unlucky not to have won a race yet with 4 seconds to his name but looks well h'capped on some of those runs. Hoping ground was too bad for him lto but still beat Fazza in 3rd, won since quite easily. Should be a good pace on with Johnny lesters hair and License to till to set a fast pace, hopefully wont get too far behind at the start and come through late on.

I've been told Ashiri is the one to be on in the 4:10 - the way my days going I'm not confident but I have backed it.

Misplaced fortune and dubai dynamo two horses that preferably need good ground,if you've backed any soft ground horses before the racing done your money.

Probably one of the weakest races he's run in the past 12 months gets to run off 76 with another 3 pound off lowest mark since winning off 72 may 19th last season.A fifth to tres coronas off 83 and runnwer up to the progressive ithoughtitwasover would make him a solid favourite in tomorrows race.Ran in some very competitive races off 84 after,dropped to a mark of 78 on seasonal debut staying on behind west end lad lots of 80+ runners in behind,even on that form would be a 7/2 shot in this drop in class.He than ran poorly at newbury in a slowly run race,fogive that run and i can see this going off nearer to 4/1 has the best form but yet to show it this season but i think he will still be backed against an exposed field.Just a trade for me this week as the fcast ground seem to be consistently wrong so will not be betting proper till this soft ground has gone!!;)

This looks a weak race poorly handicapped,lack of form at the track or just inconsistent covers most of the runners so will have a small bet on a horse that i havn't backed for a long time,the main reason being that he is drawn well in (2) and looking at last weeks meeting everything that led bar one race went on to win.In march running 3rd to chookie avon off 67,gets to run off 69 tomorrow but justin newman claiming five that leaves him on his lowest mark since feb 2010 when he won off62 over c/d.His 4l 6th to frequency is slightly better than it looked trying to make all glenridding in the race was all pace and suited the finishers,but that was off a mark of 73 if he gets the lead must have an ew squeak in this race with a c/d record of 5/17.Could be well backed from this draw as well looking at the claimer won by tombi he looks well in with unlimited from the same card times,unlimited priced at 8/1.

1pt trade jungle bay 8/1 victor,paddy,bet

.05ptew

Still lightly raced jungle bay,although undoubtedly hard to win with i like the run beghind last knigofscotland over 6fs at kempton that race when third was run in a really decent time of 1m11.71 half a second quicker than last soveriegn winning the second division off 74.The second black cadillac went on to sluice in off 64 next run,jungle bay conceding 10 pound to black cadillac when third in king of scotlands race,black cadillac getting touched off by 11/2 shot tomorrow powerful pierre jungle bay looks to be very well in with that horse on that formline.A line through the fourth bond fastrac and tomorrows fav restless bay also puts jungle bay well in and although not the most consistent 8/1 looks generous as i can see this going off near fav if not fav.Certainly can't see it going off 8/1 and should be a decent trade!!

I think it may be hitting its low now, so I'm out at 7.6
Also out on Jungle Bay at 6.8 just now ( backed at 8/1)
(Didn't do McBirney for one reason or another).

So two great trades to start the week, Gigilo. :)
Many thanks for putting those up.

Mc birney out at 6.6
Smalljohn out at 8.0
jungle bay out at 7.0 maximize profits today,won't be greedy.:cool:

Should be a good one tomorrow as well hopefully,maybe two.

Thanks for Wily Fox.

Even at 7.6 and 8.0 it looks like we bailed too early on Smalljohn ............... 4/1 now at the Off. :)
(Granted, a withdrawal but still a mighty steamer)

Back