Day 2 Bets

1.30 Messire Des Obeaux @ 12s AP

2.10 Alpha Des Obeaux @ 14s AP and also Might Bite as cover @ 4s

2.50 No bet

3.30 Sir Valentino (w/o Douvan) @ 12s AP each way

4.10 No bet

4.50 Diable de Sivola and Flying Tiger @ 33s and 25s each way

I know a lot of forum members are on Someday so can I suggest saving on Fayonsgh at 11/1 or bigger. I'm expecting a strong move for this in the morning.

Ew bets to avoid.
1.30 Brelade
2.50 Thomas Hobson and Carrig Cathal
3.30 Trafic Fluide
4.50 diable de sivola

Also did a very imaginative willie mullins and ruby walsh each way yankee because surely they'll come good at some point...

Bacardys, Bellshill, Tin Soldier, Next Destination. 11 quid returns 4 grand :cool:

Last edited:
I like Gods Own to place tomorrow, have doubled it with Messire Des Obeaux in the first and will look for some others to play it with.

I've also gone for the Hills special for Douvan to win by at least 5 and Gods Own to be 2nd at 7/1.

I like Gods Own to place tomorrow, have doubled it with Messire Des Obeaux in the first and will look for some others to play it with.

I've also gone for the Hills special for Douvan to win by at least 5 and Gods Own to be 2nd at 7/1.

Do you not think the forecast would pay at least as much as that, and then not have to worry about the distance?

Had a token bet on Whisper at 7/1 tomorrow. I think he's got an awful lot going for him and will be in the hunt turning in.

I recommended everyone have half their Cheltenham bank on the Altior Douvan double at 11/10 then sit back and relax.

Job is half done so fingers crossed Douvan jumps round and comes back safely.

Only Altior and Buveur D'air put a smile on my face yesterday and apart from Douvan I don't see much changing that today but we live in hope :cool:.

I said Brain Power's defeat in the Champion Hurdle was always on the cards.
If he had won Consul De Thaix would be much shorter for the Neptune but him finishing so far behind the second time gave the game away.
The question was did Brain Power improve that much or did Consul De Thaix spend a few extra hours in his box in the mornings??
The fact he belong to JP should answer that one and I expect a huge run from him today.
That said so many good judges are saying Neon Wolf is a banker so my bet is EW on JP's a single on Neon Wolf and a RFC and I'll be happy if either wins

Might Bite could be another monster for Nicky he certainly would have won the King George had he run the same race later that day going by time and without falling

Very hard to oppose but WPM could have his first winner at the meeting with Bellshill. Forget last time with him he has off day but as he has shown in the past they are meaningless and he's highly likely to bounce back.
As much as I am a fan of Davy Russell I can't have whisper against the classy youngsters. ADO is popular with a few fellow posters and while I don't get it I might have an extra bet to cover myself and Dutch him with Bellshill and Might Bite.

I'll take my chances with Bellshill.

Divine Bare really should not be favourite for the Fred Winter his win over Master Blueyes is meaningless as the latter had a real off day.
Coming to 3 out the hurdle had been flattened which seemed to confuse the horse as he jumped through the gap
because at the second last he never took off and just walked through the hurdle and then another horrendous jump at the last is what beat him.

Nicky got involved in an attempted coup at Musselburgh when withdrawing Charli Parcs and running the very unfit Soldier in Action

The idea was that John Quinn's Project Blue Book would land a few nice bets but it all went belly up when the horse for some reason ran flat as a pancake.

He is much better than that and is in great form at home but he drying ground could get very tacky today and that won't suit.

I have backed him EW but my main bet is Nicky's other horse Domperignon Du Lys who should be favourite for this.

The anti Daryl brigade at seven barrows might argue but the proof will be in the pudding

Domperignon Du Lys (NAP) .

Sausalito Sunrise could spring a surprise in the cross country and Top Gamble could chase Douvan home at a decent price

Last edited:
Do you not think the forecast would pay at least as much as that, and then not have to worry about the distance?

I would be surprised, Altior 1/4 & Merry Clouds 12/1 paid £6.63 and if anything I would expect Gods Own to end up shorter than the current 12/1.

The winning distance is an additional consideration, but I already have bets needing a 6L+ and 9L+ margin involving Altior and others so I hope Ruby rides him out!

Was interested in bellshill too tanlic but slightly concerned that ruby said he took a tumble when schooling last week! Clearly not serious enough to stop him racing though!

Last edited:
Neon Wolf, Shattered Love EW
Alpha Des Obeaux, Marinero EW
Mister Miyagi Ew
Gods Own without Douvan
Cantlow
Prospectus and Dreamcatching EW
Fayonagh

Brelade, Willoughby
Marinero, Heron Heights
Tombstone (win) Leoncavallo
Gods Own (2 places)
Bless the Wings, Usuel Smurfer
Prospectus, Dino Velvet
Fayonagh, Debuchet, Claimantakinforgan (all win small stakes)

All of above e/w unless stated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bets today:

Alpha Des Obeaux
Tombstone
Someday
Neon Wolf

Each way interest in:

Bless the Wings, Dino Velvet, automated, Fayonagh

Various multiple combinations, if one of someday/neon wolf or both win though my antepost portfolio has meant a massive profit with Buv winning yesterday.

Bets (excl Ante-post)

1.301 pt win Bacardys 7/2; ½ pt ew Livelovelaugh 50/1
2.102 pts win Might Bite 7/2; ½ pt win Alpha Des Obeaux 6/1; ½ pt win Whisper 7/1
2.501 pt ew Hargam 14/1, 6 pl; ½ pt ew Leoncavallo 80/1, 5 pl; ½ pt win each of Old Guard 22/1,
Taquin Du Seuil 18/1
3.30No further bet
4.101 pt win Sausalito Sunrise 16/1; ½ pt win Alechi Inois 28/1
4.501 pt win Dolos 11/1; ½ pt win Poker Play 20/1
5.30½ pt win Next Destination 10/1; ¼ pt ew Claimantakinforgan 33/1, 4 pl; ¼ pt ew Dans Le Vent 100/1, 4 pl

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
1:30 Combo Tricast;
Neon Wolf, Shattered Love, Bon Papa.

2:10
Might Bite Win

2:50
Mister Miyagi Each Way (has had a wind op)

4:50
Long Call Win
Zig Zag Each Way (small stake, speculative)

5:30
Casue Toujours Win

Bad start yesterday, still reeling from big bet on Singlefarmpayment when I was counting the winnings, another day another dollar .....

1.30 2 pt ew Consul de Thaix 16/1
2.10 1 pts ew Marinero 22/1
2.50 1 pt ew Scoir Mear 20/1
3.30 No further bet
4.10 1 pt win Cause of Causes 4/1
4.50 1 pt ew Dolos 12/1
5.30 1 pt ew Someday

1.30 Willoughby Court Neon Wolf
Messire des Obeaux AP
2.10 Might Bite
Acapella Bourgeois
Both AP
2.50 Modus AP
Peregrine Run
3.30 Gods Own (w/o Douvan)
4.10 Cause of Causes AP
4.50 Nietzsche

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.30 - Shattered Love – 1 pt e/w at 10/1
2.10 - Royal Vacation – 1 pt e/w at 11/1
2.50 - Supersundae - 0.75 pts e/w at 18/1
2.50 - Old Guard - 0.75 pts e/w at 22/1
4.50 - Dreamcatching – 1 pt e/w at 16/1 (Antepost)
4.50 - Dolos – 1 pt e/w at 16/1 (Antepost)
4.50 - Prospectus - 1 pt e/w at 20/1 (Antepost)

Messire Des Obeaux
Shattered Love

Bellshill
Marinero

Automated
Score Maer
Allbalk Des Places

Special Tiara 2nd leg of an e/w double

Cantlow

Dolos
Dakota Moriette

West Coast Time
Western Ryder

Loads of multiples involving the above

No offence to anyone who backed Neon Wolf but it will be a total travesty if they take that off Willoughby Court. Also, the last thing TV viewers need is Chapman spewing his Neon Wolf shite all over our screens.

Back