Departures 2010

Sad to hear Plum Pudding died due to an "internal haemorrhage" at Richard Hannon's.

Won the Bunbury Cup last season.

Vulrory's Clown,who was a grand servant for Owen Brennan winning 13 races has been pts at the age of 32.

MUDAHIM is still starring in ATR's filler replays of the Irish Grand National and other premier races (as of today), along with many wonderful names from what doesn't seem that long ago - TELL THE NIPPER, GOOD THYNE, HEIST, PAPILLON and BOBBYJO, for starters. You just hear old Dessie calling the roll and your mind goes back to so many fine horses.

Chiraaz - 126 rated chaser for Jim Dreaper. Ran in mid Feb but has appeared on the HRI list this week.

KEEPHOLDIN, 5 y.o. hurdler at last on downhill straight at Plumpton, near-fore cannon snapped through. PTS. Not looking bright for AN COUGHAR MOR (sp??) at Fairyhouse just now, either.

Sadly, also lost, confirmed.

Last edited:
Terrible about ACM, and he didn't even fall, he was taken out of it by the faller. He would have finished second too.

I apologise for my crap spelling of the lovely horse's name. He was going so beautifully at the time - looked like his shoulder had gone, but hard to tell. David Casey now possibly also knocked out of his ride on SNOWY MORNING, the RP muses, as a result of his crash off ACM.

Beautiful horse - my favourite colour, a light, bright bay. Barged by the bugger on his right, mid-air, when taken to an otherwise perfectly clear position by Casey, looking set to win.

Half heard a conversation yesterday at a point to point that a horse was PTS after a stalls accident at Folkestone,

Nothing on the RP but noted several withdrawls though so I assume they were at the start when taken out

No, he was okay, Aldaniti. It was HARLECH CASTLE, who became wedged headfirst - one stall popped open (Frankie riding, I think), and that horse came out, then HC barged his stall, thinking racing was on, and got stuck for a good 20 minutes. The stall had to be virtually disassembled, but he came out fine and was walking around unharmed afterwards. What may have confused folks was the sight of the knacker van going down to him. Well premature, thank God.

That and subsequent races were flip starts, due to him having wrecked the stall.

Last edited:
Looks like PRIVATE DEVELOPER has died fairly instantly falling in the Hunters Chase at Fairyhouse, and maybe the same fate for DUN DOIRE, who BD another who did run on. Bloody hell, it's carnage today - crash-outs all over the shop.

And will Feckin Dessie EVER call HI CLOY by his name, and not OI CLOY?!

I think Dessie called that wrong, and it's actually DUN DOIRE who died, although God knows, it might be him and PRIVATE DEVELOPER, ffs.

Thank feck - but no thanks whatsoever to ATR's crew/site, the RP or virtually any alleged horse-racing site I trawled. DUN DOIRE and PRIVATE DEVELOPER are both alive following their crashes - one of the stalwarts on another forum has confirmed this from witnesses.

Back