Departures 2010

So what did happen to WATSON LAKE, Gal? His info on the RP online doesn't have "died xxx " next to his name and although he weakened badly in his last race at the end of March, there wasn't anything to suggest there was a serious problem with him. Bad news.

Sad news . She was a pioneer and just days after she won her appeal against her Set to Go's disqualification which Harry Dunlop's site reported her as being delighted about.

Last edited:
Horrible end for Dermot Weld 3 year old filly Askew at Limerick. Had just taken up the lead when leg went and down she went.

Treaty Flyer at perth looks to have broken his neck or something,

Christ I give up this afternoon I've only had the tv on for 20mins

Oh, no, not KASHMINA! Oh, hell's teeth. She was owned by Heart of the South Racing, a very enthusiastic group who will feel her loss most keenly. I think it fair to say that some will have been in tears. She was one of Sheena's better horses and always a trier. I'm really saddened to learn this - the group had been doing very well, and this was one of their little stars. Okay, at a low level, but she was much loved.

I've had a look at the RP, and it just says PU after the 2nd hurdle, lame. Obviously something went horribly wrong.

Last edited:
from her website

We sadly lost our very game and consistant mare Kashmina yesterday at Stratford.

Kashmina was a very special mare and adored by her owners at Heart of the South Racing and of course all of us here at the yard. Many of the owners became very attached to Kashmina and many rarely missed any of her races.
We all know about the ups and downs of horseracing but it is always desperately sad when you lose a horse.

My condolences to all the connections at Heart of The South Racing and thank you to everyone who has sent me texts and e-mails to the office.

Sheena

Last edited:
Back