Diary Of A Racehorse Owner

Simon

At the Start
If you are a racehorse owner, then talk about your horses and use this thread to add update of your horses entries and results etc.

Good luck and get posting... :)

hes just being a prick Simon. im not an owner, but i have a share in a syndicate run by chris who owns kachina racing. he runs at the end of december.

Oh right. Yes, syndication and partnerships and racing clubs are also included in this. Anything to do with racehorses that you know of really, so if you dont own the horses, but your friend does you can still talk about them in here etc.

Welcome to the forum Simon,

My point is that there is a natural order of things in established forums and you might find that asking all owners to post information on their horses on a single thread doesn't get the required response. People who are willing to talk about their ownership ventures have generally started previous threads which they will add to in due course and some owners like to keep their cards close to their chest. In addition we're awfully cliquey and don't like newbies telling us what to do :D

I am however, NOT "being a prick" and I'm rather tired of waiting for belated apologies from jft2005.

I don't want to start an argument. Lets keep my views of the forum pleasent please.

I am not telling the members of the forum what to do at all. I am simply making a fun thread were you can post about and talk about your horses etc. Just a bit of fun, which has worked on other forums.

Dear dear , ive literally just joined TH and what a lively discussion !...I dont own a Racehorse and unless some long lost relation leaves me some money etc i doubt i ever will.. however i would like to own a Racehorse that has finished its career for what ever reason and give it a loving home .... :D

Same for me, Zebs. I've just joined the forum and am very inexperienced in these parts. It's very active so far.

You start feel free to start threads on whatever subject matter you want to Simon. I have a horse called Bay Hawk who should be out again soon. I will of course keep you posted, on both forums! :D

By the way, welcome to TH and welcome to zebs too! :D

Brendan is looking for a race for Bay Hawk on Boxing Day! :xmasrudolf: Could possibly be Wincanton or Huntingdon.

Personally, I would prefer Wincanton but I will just have to wait and see tomorrow what options there are.

Yes, it was great afternoon's racing Martin. Brendan's yard is still flying at the moment and let's hope that luck extends to a great run from Bay Hawk next time out! :)

None of mine are running at this time of the year but the missus had a winner back home with Fantastic Love a couple of weeks back.

Originally posted by betsmate@Dec 19 2007, 09:12 PM
None of mine are running at this time of the year but the missus had a winner back home with Fantastic Love a couple of weeks back.
Can you tell us more, Betsmate? I didn't know you had horses in training as well.

Originally posted by betsmate@Dec 19 2007, 09:12 PM
:D

or, if read literally: stop boasting!

Christmas time...what a great time for racing. We should have some entries over the festive period :D

Right just give some brief details on my collection.

Stargazy, my 3yo gelding in training with Bill Turner is in good form at home and will be running in a claimer on the 30th of December. He has had a nice break and he has been working well at home. We are looking for a good run from him and I would be disappointed if he was claimed win or lose.

My unraced 2yo by Tagula is back in full work now and worked 5L clear of Just Mossie last week and that was her first piece of work and she wouldnt be half fit. Just Mossie will win a mile seller but my filly is showing promise that she will be a 80 horse. She will run on the all weather in February and will be aimed at the Silver Bowl at Haydock.

My yearling by Selkirk is now ridden away and has already claimed 4 lads in the space of 2 weeks, he loves whipping round and is enjoying life, an appointment with the vets is forseable in the not too distant future.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas

Chris

Looks like you have some nice horses there Chris. Do you own and run Kachina Racing then?

I don't own horses myself, as i am too young, but my parents own horses.

Back