Diary Of A Racehorse Owner

Well good luck with them Chris. Wish you all the best.

Do you always use Bill Turner?

He trains just down the road from me and I've known him a long time. He's very honest and is a good trainer who knows the time of day and is very welcoming.

I want to branch out one day but happy with who I have them with now and Bill does well with what he's given and he will tell you if its worth keeping or getting rid of. He also has really good staff and one lass looks after all three of mine and she is a really nice girl who loves her horses and does all 3 of mine well. All of Bills are great staff and really honest and always happy to talk about your horses and its a really well run place where everyone works hard and gives alot in.

Bay Hawk has an entry for Huntingdon for Boxing Day :xmastree: but it's not definite he will run there yet.

Brendan had another winner today so things are still going well for the yard. I am hoping to go down there on Saturday to thank all the staff for doing such a sterling job and turning out such great results since their move to Lambourn in July this year. :clap:

Sounds a good yard Kris.

We have Korelo entered on Boxing Day at Market Rasen.

Other horses are to follow during the Xmas period.

Indeed they are.

We have a quite a few up there now, and some nice looking ones.

So who is the owner - you or your parents? Guess you own them and your parents pay the bills :P :xmasrudolf:

Good luck anyway to all of you !!

our yearling will turn two now and will go into training in about march. we gelded him recently and he can do with a bit of time haveing had a troubled youth.

:xmastree: :xmastree:

I am too young to own them at the moment. My parents own them and i just enjoy going to the races when i can. My mother and father both have seperate colours, but its just a family hobby really.

King's Account has been entered at Wetherby on the 27th, and will be making his hurdling debut there. He is a very talented horse, but so far hasn't shown it for us.

Korelo is entered at Market Rasen on the 26th and is likely to run there. He is in the Welsh National, but i doubt he will get in.

Those are both my fathers horses. My mother doesn't have any entries at this time, but should have some runners between Christmas and New Year.

Thank You. King's Account is a possible runner on the 27th.

My mothers horses are ready to go sometime in the New Year i am guessing.

That's a shame Kathy esp as Cemgraft and Inherent NRs too - so I don't think I'll bother to go after all :what: Will sit and watch what's on BBC etc from the comfort of the sofa

Good Luck for Boxing Day Ian :) Bad Luck Kathy :( Look forward to your horse running again soon :)

Korelo was a non runner today, and will not be running in the Welsh National tommorow either.

King's Account makes his hurdling debut at Wetherby tommorow.

Will He Wish is entered at Wolverhampton early next week.

Stargazy running Sunday at Lingfield in probably the strongest claimer I have ever seen.

Unbelievable, find one 6f claimer in the space of 3 weeks and its full of horses rated 70 - 96.

Why would anyone run a 96 rated horse in a claimer for £19,000.

Its a Joke

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Dec 28 2007, 02:41 PM

Why would anyone run a 96 rated horse in a claimer for £19,000.

Its a Joke
I'd do it in an instant for £19,000 Chris. I might think twice if it was only £1,943.10 though..... :P :P

You haven't had a lot of luck there, Cbeek - it's quite a tasty line up for a race worth less than £2k to the winner.

What is Stargazy in to be claimed for?

Originally posted by Venusian@Dec 28 2007, 06:45 PM
You haven't had a lot of luck there, Cbeek - it's quite a tasty line up for a race worth less than £2k to the winner.

What is Stargazy in to be claimed for?

1 (10) Philharmonic (£20000+vat) R. A. Fahey 9st 5lb Tony Hamilton

2 (5) Harry Up (£18000+vat) K. A. Ryan 9st 3lb Chris Catlin

3 (1) Fromsong (IRE) (£16000+vat) D. K. Ivory 9st 1lb Patrick Hills (5)

4 (2) One More Round (USA) (Blinkers) (£15000+vat) Ollie Pears 9st 0lb Steve Drowne

5 (9) Count Ceprano (IRE) (£12000) M. D. I. Usher 8st 11lb G. Hannon (7)

6 (3) Miss Brush (£15000) J. R. Fanshawe 8st 9lb Jim Crowley

7 (7) Goodbye Cash (IRE) (£14000+part vat) P. D. Evans 8st 8lb T. G. McLaughlin

8 (6) Stargazy (£8000) W. G. M. Turner 8st 7lb Sam Hitchcott

9 (4) Benllech (£7000+vat) S. Kirk 8st 6lb Simon Whitworth

10 (11) Kazakstan (£7000+vat) Mrs L. C. Jewell 8st 6lb L. P. Keniry

11 (8) Ashes (IRE) (Sheepskin C/P) (£10000) K. R. Burke 8st 4lb Andrew Elliott (3)

12 (12) Charlotte Grey (£7000) C. N. Allen 8st 1lb Nicky Mackay

Back