Do ghosts exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)

Old Vic in the December 2m5 chase at Cheltenham. I had been at a wedding and had drunk around 40 pints of Guinness in 2 days. I nearly had heart failure when he came down.

Last edited:
I agree with Barry's posts here and don't see the fuss.

I think it's hilarious that people post ghost stories/tales from the beyond and get uppity when not everyone believes them. If I didn't know better, I would think this is the funny farm...

:)

Old Vic in the December 2m5 chase at Cheltenham. I had been at a wedding and had drunk around 40 pints of Guinness in 2 days. I nearly had heart failure when he came down.

Most of the course was on Our Vic that day, it was a nightmare.

I agree with Barry's posts here and don't see the fuss.

I think it's hilarious that people post ghost stories/tales from the beyond and get uppity when not everyone believes them. If I didn't know better, I would think this is the funny farm...

The fuss is that my mother (and would have been just the same if it was a friend) was called one of a liar, guillible or fantasist. Take your pick

Warbler was right.

Bullshit may be prevalent amongst some people but not on my manor and of course I take strong exception

And why would redhead gg simmo cpgagie post stories that are simply made up? Are they liars too?

Last edited:
The fuss is that my mother (and would have been just the same if it was a friend) was called one of a liar, guillible or fantasist. Take your pick

I would have preferred the word mistaken. Possibly mistaken. Not sure why you feel the need for such pejorative terms.

And why would redhead gg simmo cpgagie post stories that are simply made up? Are they liars too?

I don't know.

Last edited:
For once and for all ..how can anyone be "mistaken" about such detail? It was incredibly accurate . Impossible

Clive, why did you put the words you did into Barry's mouth? He didn't say nor infer in any way about your mother what you claim he said.

I too believe it didn't happen - you can't expect to post something here about the supernatural, find that people disagree and then abuse them for taking that position. Whether you like it or not, there is no proof (anywhere) for ghosts.

Last edited:
I think I know where Bar went wrong, he should have just stated she was talking complete rubbish and then call her an idiot - after all, that is a response which should seem fairly familiar to clivex.

I am haunted by the fall of Barton Bank in the King George.

I was waiting for Barton Bank for an on-the-day treble at a time of my life when I seriously could have done with the dough.

I continue to share your pain, Luke.

Clive, why did you put the words you did into Barry's mouth? He didn't say nor infer in any way about your mother what you claim he said.

I too believe it didn't happen - you can't expect to post something here about the supernatural, find that people disagree and then abuse them for taking that position. Whether you like it or not, there is no proof (anywhere) for ghosts.

Well if you " didnt believe" you can basically fck off . This must be the only thread I've seen where people post in detail experiences and are proclaimed to be liars. Bullshit may be a way of life to some communities but not mine

Words were not putin bars mouth. He arrogantly proclaimed his view and when backed into a corner comes out with some drivel about being "mistaken". Which is fcking ridiculous. Patronising in the extreme

I do not waste my time making up stories for forums.

What right do you or bar have to proclaim my mother and myself to be a liar

Go fck yourself

Last edited:
I would have preferred the word mistaken. Possibly mistaken. Not sure why you feel the need for such pejorative terms.

I don't know.

Don't know?

Think it's a way of life for various long established posters to completely make up experiences? Interesting

Says more about you and your posts than it would ever do about theirs

Excuse me, I didn't realise that posting on this forum for a long period lended some sort of gravitas and weight to reports of ghosts (some of which were second hand). God you're making me look like an idiot here, Clive.

I trust details of posters experiences. You dont. If I was of your mindset I wpuldnt spend one minute on forums

I think ghosts stories leave open a possibility that you're perhaps not quite embracing here Clive

1: The person telling them undoubtedly believes they have seen what they claim, or experienced something similar. Their integrity and even sanity isn't in question

2: They haven't seen a ghost though

There are often explanations ranging from optical illusions, natural phenonemon, skilled duping, or good old fashioned fertile imagination. The latter one isn't as prevalent as you might think. I saw some survey once on TV at Loch Ness where a pole with a tin on it was momentarily raised above the water and trailed around. All those people who saw something were then asked to draw waht they saw. Only 10% of people ended up drawing monsters heads with fire breathing dragon etc. 90% of people very acurately assessed what they'd seen, even if they admitted to being a bit perplexed by it

I think that what people are saying as regards your mother is that she's doubtless sincere in her belief, but they're casting doubt as to whether a skilled cold reader hasn't been able to play her. Again we've certainly seen this performed on television enough times. We've seen Derren Brown pull off some amazing reads of frightening detail, but what he's looking for is sub-conscious signals. In fact the CIA would be better off abandoning water boarding altogether and employing so called 'mind readers' on that evidence.

I don't know enough about how it works, but I'm sure it has something to do with minor eye ball movement. Brown says that when people are telling the truth they recall something that engages that they strain a little to describe and this causes eye ball movement. A cold lie is unemotional by contrast. So it follows that if you suggest something, you can spot a reaction in them and then develop it

Someone tried it on me once regarding a somewhat improbable story of mine which often has people disbelieving. Suffice to say they concluded that a surprisingly large amount of what I'd recalled was true. It was. I'd also thrown in a bit for the benefit of entertainment which was embellishment and exaggeration. They seemingly picked that bit up. It didn't alter the substance, but made for a better yarn.

For all that 80%+ of experiences might be explained, that still leaves 20% unaccounted for, and some of these are staggeringly bewildering. When you role that out into crude numbers then you're going on billions over centuries across different cultures.Ghosts appear in ancient Egypt and Rome long before any modern technique can have conjured them up. Indeed, thy appear in ye olde Bill Shakespeare

Last edited:
More than an idiot. Clive, a psychologist would have a field day with you.

Why not re-read your posts before posting again.

No-one is saying we don't believe YOU or are calling you a liar - we, or at least I, am saying I do not believe in paranormal activity. You seem to have a pathological behaviour in response to having your opinions questioned, and your responses can probably be predicted by people on here before you even write them yourself.

You should stop posting on any board if you react like a little child when people disagree with you.

Well if you " didnt believe" you can basically fck off . This must be the only thread I've seen where people post in detail experiences and are proclaimed to be liars. Bullshit may be a way of life to some communities but not mine

Words were not putin bars mouth. He arrogantly proclaimed his view and when backed into a corner comes out with some drivel about being "mistaken". Which is fcking ridiculous. Patronising in the extreme

I do not waste my time making up stories for forums.

What right do you or bar have to proclaim my mother and myself to be a liar

Go fck yourself

So, if we don't believe a story that you can't even verify yourself (you were not there), then we can 'fck off'?

Can you point out the exact point where Bar was arrogant? I can't see this.

Stop making it personal and playing the victim (you haven't been victimised) - I said I don't believe in paranormal activity, probably like around 50% of people. I guess they can all go 'fck themselves' too, huh?

Im not playong the victim but I like hammering overgrown faux cynical students who have nithing to offer other than sneering at genuine posts by a wide range of posters

Have to verify the recounted experience of two closest family members?

Unbelievable...

What sort of world do some people come from?

Hamm

When I or my family are called liars to their faces (most especially about family matters) as you and bar have done so a fist in the face is certainly a justified response

You may come from a world of garrulous bullshit. We dont

Last edited:
Warbler

You are getting on my nerves now

Read my post as to how it happened. Ok? i dont expect bullshitting thickos to grasp it but thought you were more of a detail man?

FFs what " subconccious signal " could my mother have given that described the communicator in full detail and her actual name and location? Are you kidding???

Now lets spell this out s l o w l y

Unless my mother or anyone else in the audience (impossible...no one knew) told the spiritualist the name location appearance etc etc

Now think slowly here...take your time

How would she have guessed?

What she scratched her head and that signalled the name was Doris or something.

Last edited:
I think I know where Bar went wrong, he should have just stated she was talking complete rubbish and then call her an idiot - after all, that is a response which should seem fairly familiar to clivex.

Well mr miserable wankr

I do that always with facts to hand. Get it?

Understand the difference. ?

Hamm

When I or my family are called liars to their faces (most especially about family matters) as you and bar have done so a fist in the face is certainly a justified response

You may come from a world of garrulous bullshit. We dont

I don't think your mother was a liar.

I wonder why you keep saying that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back