Dougal pics

redhead

At the Start
Yes Mods, I know there is a photography section, but everyone who knew Dougal and followed his progress will have read the RIP thread and may not realise that I have just sussed out how to upload pictures!:lol:

Oh if only I had realised before and could have shared him with you all. Anyway, here goes.

Attachments

• A Cat's Tail.jpg
    A Cat's Tail.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 16
  • Catnap with Grandma.jpg
    Catnap with Grandma.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Dougal loves Grandma.jpg
    Dougal loves Grandma.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 25
  • A dozy day.jpg
    A dozy day.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 18
  • All this play is hard work.jpg
    All this play is hard work.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
More of my favourite pictures.

Attachments

• kitty football with pinecone.jpg
    kitty football with pinecone.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 11
  • An elegant pass.jpg
    An elegant pass.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Balding but still pretty.jpg
    Balding but still pretty.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Bit ick - just had chemo.jpg
    Bit ick - just had chemo.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 10
  • First Christmas.jpg
    First Christmas.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 12
You can tell when the chemo has started to kick in, he starts to lose his fur and then the red of his hair begins to get lighter.

Attachments

• Enought to make a cat laugh.jpg
    Enought to make a cat laugh.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Grumpy.jpg
    Grumpy.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 9
All the empty beds around the house are killing me, but I cannot get rid of them until they stop making me cry or feeling sad.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
How many beds does such a small creature need? 8, in all. All around the house.

Attachments

• Killing furniture.jpg
    Killing furniture.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 8
  • King of the Jungle.jpg
    King of the Jungle.jpg
    686.9 KB · Views: 8
  • New beanbag.jpg
    New beanbag.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 8
  • New hammock.jpg
    New hammock.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 8
  • No one is looking... .jpg
    No one is looking... .jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 8
Just a few more.

Attachments

• Savage.jpg
    Savage.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Somebody talk to ME!.jpg
    Somebody talk to ME!.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 7
  • That rat's looking at me!.jpg
    That rat's looking at me!.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Tidying the office.jpg
    Tidying the office.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 8
  • What!.jpg
    What!.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 8
Thank you all for helping us both through a marvellous, scary, exhilarating and heartbreaking time.

Thank you most of all to Dougal for never holding a grudge and always coming back for a cuddle even when I had been the cause of some horrible experiences for you.

Attachments

• Which present is mine.jpg
    Which present is mine.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Yet another new bed.jpg
    Yet another new bed.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I love the one of him with the racing on the telly, and the one [sort of] sitting on the sofa. He was a beauty and you can see the character in his face.

I love the one of him with the racing on the telly...

Hi Moe,

He does look as though he is watching the racing, doesn't he? He had actually found a huge bag of Christmas presents that I had wrapped for my nephews and nieces. He was really naughty with paper and cardboard as he loved to tear it up with his teeth and throw it around like confetti. To stop him tearing up the presents, I had to give him a small square of paper for him to destroy.

I couldn't watch the racing yesterday, as I was so used to doing it with Dougal draped across my knees (he sometimes used to watch it, too!). So I went and drove around the Cotswolds instead. Today is the first whole day that I have managed at home as on Friday, after it was all over, Mum took me out for the afternoon to a quiet place where we sat and watched a couple of squirrels harvesting their winter larder from a well-laden nut tree.

I first saw Dougal when he was about 3 months old, creeping across my lawn trying not to be noticed, while his bolder brother came to the window to ask for treats. I fell in love that day.

Last edited:
Thank you all for all your kind comments. I'm glad you find him as beautiful as I did. For the first time ever I am glad that tomorrow is Monday and there is work to do.

I have had several lovely cats before, but never one who has left such a big gap in my life. I miss him desperately.

I think if you've ever loved, or been loved by a cat, dog, horse etc. when a friend loses their companion it touches you. These pics of Dougal are gorgeous. I love the one of him in the bin! He was a cat who knew what he wanted and went for it.

It reminds me of that commercial on at the moment about being, 'more dog' - even though he was of course all cat. But he had such a huge personality and was always destined to be a star in someone's life. I'm glad that it was yours. x

Denise I am so sorry, I have been away on & off over the last week or so & this is the first chance I have had to log in, What a handsome cat he was :(

RIP Dougal

Back