Dream Alliance

Good advert for Stem Cell treatment too - Im still not sure Im a fan of it (nor the short time it takes to get a horse back on the track after) but it just goes to show that sometimes good things can and do happen if you are prepared to give the horse a chance.

Very well done to all the connections, super result.

Brilliant win, fabulous to see him back. We were at Newbury when he finished second to Denman carrying my (non-racing-fan) mother's each way money, so he's a horse we've always had a soft spot for in my family. Hope he's fine after the race.

Having brought Inca back from injury, I know exactly what it will mean to the owners of Dream Alliance. The sweetest win is always the one where adversity is faced head on and I didn't realise the story behind the win. If I did, I would have been cheering on. Well done to connections and the horse.

PS War of Attrition ran a blinder today......another stem cell horse

I must have missed this thread when it first started because I'd been wondering for ages what had happened to Dream Alliance. When I saw his name down for todays race a couple of weeks ago I still wasn't sure that he'd be running, but I had a sentimental bet on him just in case. I read [and have probably kept somewhere] the newspaper article about him when he ran in the Hennessy; and hoped so much that he would run a big race today. Racing is full of big named trainers buying expensive horses and winning everything, but today is what NH racing is all about. The connections of Dream Alliance were not the sort of people to have £20,000 to throw around [going by what I read]. They had a dream, and I'm so very glad that the dream came true. I'm so happy for them [and £16 better off!].

Thanks for all your kind thoughts re our horse. He's back better than ever . 19 of our syndicate live in south wales and 4 of us elsewhere (I live in Inverclyde , Scotland). I didn't get there today due to doubts around the weather and traffic (850 miles round trip) but it feels absolutely terrific tonight. To have stood at Aintree back in April 2008 on Grand National day and witnessed his accident just shows you never know what's around the corner. Also I've always felt he was better suited to flat tracks - shows what I know. Well done Philip and Sarah and all the Sandhills team.

And of course not forgetting jockey Tom O Brien who himself has only just made a comeback from injury.

Great performance from Tom and the horse. Pleasure to be there to watch it. Really what NH is all about and leaves the flat in the shade.

Remarkable comeback. Well done to the owners for perservering and terrific training performance from Hobbs.

Good on you all for persisting with trying to find a way to set him right. I've no doubt this was a whopping vet's bill for you, so you clearly love your horse. I'm tremendously pleased for you with the result you've got.

Last edited:
I didn't know the story until last week but I'll be rooting for this horse from now on.

Good luck to you all.

It is a wonderful story and keeps the dream alive for the rest of us part time horse owners and breeders. Very pleased at the outcome and wishing you and the horse all the best for the rest of this season. :)

Back