Dubai Racing Carnival

Interesting acquisition alright. I wasn't as impressed with his guineas run as some and he certainly disappointed in the French Derby.

The fact that he was not seen again suggests a problem more than him not training on? His two-year form was pretty hot.

Surprised to see Two Step Salsa blitz the sprint handicap field - absolutely gorgeous horse but most of his form's at 8-9f. Can see him starting favourite for the Godolphin Mile on World Cup night.

Also - has Johnny Murtagh had a brain transplant? He rode some absolute shockers last night.

Glad you noticed that too Martin.

His rides on Dohasa and Fiery Lad were absolutely shocking, particularly Dohasa. As if that wasn't enough he then got pretty lucky when doing the same thing on Bankable to knock me out of the placepot in the last leg!

Archipenko runs today in a prep for the Duty Free on World Cup night.

Two Steps Salsa had every right to blitz that field, further he went the better he looked. I think 7 furlongs will probably be his best trip but he might well get away with it over a mile against the type of horse he will face at Nad Al Sheeba. Goregous horse.

As an aside to earlier posts on this thread, Alessandro Volta has been sold. Off to Australia again...I am sure he is thrilled with that! Honolulu is gone to stud in France as well.

Last edited:
Leandros and Dohasa are both out today, i will probably have a small bet on each, maybe an ew double on them.

Anyone know anything about the jockey on Eddie Jock, Antioca Murgia?

He's taking quite a big looking 10 pounds off, meaning Eddie Jock is effectively running of a mark of 97, which makes the 40/1 on offer look very tempting.

Think that Munaddam is a big price - has decent form in these good sprints out in Dubai and been running lately behind the in-form Diana's Choice. Took 14/1 earlier today. In the same race I can't believe that JJ is now a 7/4 shot from 2/5 a couple of weeks ago, one poor run on a totally new surface and he's suddenly only a Group 3/Listed horse?

Two Step Salsa had been running well at 8-9f in the US prior to his Godolphin purchase Gal so personally don't see the mile being a problem - was a lay last week for me given the drop back in trip but he certainly looked the part.

Anyone know anything about the jockey on Eddie Jock, Antioca Murgia?

He's taking quite a big looking 10 pounds off, meaning Eddie Jock is effectively running of a mark of 97, which makes the 40/1 on offer look very tempting.

Seemed to ride a decent enough race to win the 2nd today!

Archipenko should take this field out by 3 to 4 lengths, we know he needs the run but he shouldn't be that far off full fitness considering what he's being aimed for and I am having a solid enough place bet.

Another taking performance from Presvis. Yaddree has shown at Lingfield this winter what he can do off an easy lead so for Presvis to run him down and pull so far clear of the rest suggests once again he's very much a Group horse.

Back