Dubai World Cup day

It seems to me you are not a Twice Over fan suny, what do you fancy for the big race? I backed TO and V Pisa at long odds, but I am willing to add a couple more choices. I still think TO is the most likely winner but his odds are too short now.
Poet´s voice is interesting. Transcend will probably set a good pace and if the son of Dubawi can settle early on he could see the trip just fine and be dengerous.

Skysurfers and Euroears will be bets for me as well. I am also very, very, very keen on Better than Ever chances. Dangerous Midge is interesting as well as I don´t really rate Rewilding that highly.

Last edited:
I've had an each way on Victoire Pisa. Buena Vista finished in front of him on her last two runs, but VP ran a nice race last month, might still be improving and is probably better suited by Saturday's trip of 10f than the mare. VP is also tactically versatile, able to win from on or off the pace, which is no harm. The tapeta surface is an unknown but 12/1 with Ladbrokes looks ok to me.

Twice Over has an obvious chance, but he has not yet won a top tier European Gr 1 and the 9/4 therefore looks too short.

I've no feel for how Cape Blanco might run. Do people think he will be fully primed for this?

I've no feel for how Cape Blanco might run. Do people think he will be fully primed for this?

Lots of questions to answer re: Cape Blanco, my two main ones:

Form of the Irish Campion Stakes, too good to be true?
Why did they sell 50% of him?

I heard that there was a bit in the RP saying that they had a share in Master of Hounds and Alexander Pope as well, but I couldn't be sure about it.

I am interested as to why Ballydoyle have sold a share of the horses - its not as if they need the cash. They took on another joint venture last year - cant remember if they were from the middle east or far east - I sense that Coolmore may be trying new tactics - I wonder why?

It's always been the Ballydoyle way to seek wealthy investors.When VIncent was running the show the likes of Stavros Niarchos,Danny Schwartz and John Mulcahy were invited to the party.

I am interested as to why Ballydoyle have sold a share of the horses - its not as if they need the cash. They took on another joint venture last year - cant remember if they were from the middle east or far east - I sense that Coolmore may be trying new tactics - I wonder why?

Khalifa Bin Hamad Al Attiyah bought into Joshua Tree, but that horse has now left Ballydoyle altogether.

Cape Blanco doesn't have anything like the bloodlines you'd expect to be a successful stallion along the lines of his father. He is out of a Jack Berry sprinter remember! Really don't see the sale as a negative to his chance.

Regarding the Irish Champion and whether it's too good to be true. Well yes and no, if you take it literally and conclude he's a 5 1/2 length better horse than Rip Van Winkle and Twice Over, then you are barking up the wrong tree. However I think it does make him a slightly better horse than that pair, a true 130 performer under those conditions. I have doubts as to whether he'll be as effective on polytrack mind. He strikes me as a galloper, so impressive when maintaining his effort off a true pace like in the Dante too.

I think both he and Twice Over are too short and are priced on their familarity with the betting public. It looks far more like a 9/2 the field race to me. I like the Japanese mare Buena Vista who has the turn of foot associated with going well on artificial surfaces and think she's a big price on her best form. Draw a slight concern so also think double figures of Gio Ponti are worth taking. He's beaten Twice Over on both occasions the pair have met over 10f on artificial surfaces yet is a much longer price.

After building a completely new course to hold such a big card with massive purses how have they ended up having a draw bias?

Presvis is the one if the pace is honest in the 9f race.

Rewilding and the japanesse should dominate the 12f race.

About the big race
Twice Over impressed me last time and can improve for the run, but the price is short, thereis also many unknowns aboutthe surface and Cape Blanco, Buena Vista and the other japanesse has form as good as him if not better , no bet there but looks a very good edition.

Cant have Cape Blanco at all, was going to back Twice Over before the draw, so disappointed with that.

Alexander Pope running in the colors of Mrs Fitri Hay ..explains why Spencer is riding him.

Master of Hounds still owned by Magnier it would appear.

I've had far too big a match bet on Twice Over beating Cape Blanco 8/13 last night. My nerves are gone

As an unashamed sentimentalist I wanted Twice Over to win for Sir Henry, but that having failed I'm delighted for the Japanese connections of the winner and second. Horse racing may be a trivial thing in the current scheme of things, but let's hope this result gives Japan even a tiny boost.

Terrible race. I think Workforce and Harbinger apart the middle distance division last year was the worst I've ever seen so I hope we have a good crop of 3yos.

big race, a strange one,dont know what most of the jockeys were doing.
10 times run and 10 different results you get.

Rewilding , very good horse fresh.

Presvis found the gates and won asshould, nice ride by Ryan Moore.

Back