Dubai

betsmate

At the Start
Big day Saturday.

I am just starting to look at the cards.

The Duty Free sees two of my favourite horses from last season clash: Darjina and Literato. With the latter now transferred to Godolphin, I will be cheering on the former. I presume that the ground will likely be quick? If so it should suit her down to the ground.

It will be live on ATR and RUK anyway Euro.

Finsceal Beo is a fascinating runner, now might well be the time for her to shine.

Sky Sports usually have it live too.

I wonder if Chris B might be able to tell us about how Majestic Roi and Youmzain have been doing?

Would Literato be inconvenienced by the likely fast ground?

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Mar 26 2008, 09:44 AM

Would Literato be inconvenienced by the likely fast ground?
I would think so. That, and the fact he's 'only' a late replacement for Ramonti leaves you wondering how ready he is for this.

Creachadoir and Darjina the two that interest me most.

Interesting to see how Vodka gets on in the Duty Free - she'll be my bet in the race in the absence of any true 125+ horses

Originally posted by Galileo@Mar 26 2008, 08:15 AM
Finsceal Beo is a fascinating runner, now might well be the time for her to shine.
Have strong views about her. might have to eat my words but doubt whether we will see her shine again.

Originally posted by Irish Stamp@Mar 26 2008, 11:06 AM
Interesting to see how Vodka gets on in the Duty Free - she'll be my bet in the race in the absence of any true 125+ horses
Darjina... meet Quick Ground.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Mar 26 2008, 11:41 AM
It's very hard to know. Odds of 16/1 are representative of that.
Exactly, the gamble is what FB will turn up. Will she have recovered with the break? At that price I'm willing to have a nibble.

Originally posted by betsmate+Mar 26 2008, 01:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (betsmate @ Mar 26 2008, 01:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Irish Stamp@Mar 26 2008, 11:06 AM
Darjina... meet Quick Ground. [/b][/quote]
Sentiment aside the reason i think FB will finish in front of Darjina )who of course is a 125+ filly) is the latter`s pedigree - she has lot of milers/speed horses close up - unlikely stayer imo.

For what its worth, connections of Finsceal Beo think she is in as good a form as 12 months ago and have started to back her heavily enough....... I have had a nibble at 14/1

Following lengthy discussions on the gallops, trainers have decided against a boycott of the £1.8million World Cup on the grounds of prize money.

Can anything beat Curlin?

The Draw? or the absence of any customary medication?
Can't see anything else which will

1.40 Elusive Warning
2.15 Strike the Deal (Place)
3.55 Darjina
4.40 West Wind and Youmzain (I need West Wind to kick on for both their sakes)
5.30 Happy Boy (Place)

What is the significance of the draw in the 6f Golden Shaheen?

Last year low numbers had an advantage, but according to the RP, there's been no advantage in races run recently. Is this true? I rather fancy Idiot Proof in the race but he's drawn 14.

I deliberately skipped the Golden Shaheen. I have chocolate fireguard levels of success in anything shorter than 7f.

Off the top of my head, I think it's hard to win anything off a wide draw at NAD of the round course but 6flg sprints use the chute ie a straight course.

Drift Ice won on 24th Jan at 6flgs from stall 3, but New Freedom won at 5flgs on 31 Jan from stall 12
You can check all results and draw numbers on http://www.emiratesracing.com/eq/Results

Darjina out to 6/1. These races aren't often run flat-out so I can't see the trip being too much of a problem for her.

Doctor Dino should be suited down to the ground by the Sheema Classic.

Originally posted by Venusian@Mar 28 2008, 10:34 PM
What is the significance of the draw in the 6f Golden Shaheen?

Info on the draw here:

Topdraw Dubai

<< ... the Golden Shaheen sprint is muddied by the fact that the usual significant low-to-middle bias seemed to be turned on its head in the early fixtures of this year's Carnival. However, the very limited evidence of later fixtures indicate it has reverted to type, so Barbecue Eddie (drawn 2) and Diabolical (5) might fight out the finish. >>

In the Mile, the betting says the Godolphin pair will finish 1/2, and they well might as I can't see much else in the field. I'll stick with BCBK to beat Elusive Warning, tho EW is Fav

In the Derby I like Honour Devil

In the Golden Shaheen I can't yet make my mind up between Idiot Proof and Mutamarres - but this usually goes to the Americans. Ex US Diabolical is drawn to win, and has the experience too....

In the Sheema Classic I fancy Doctor Dino but he is disadvantaged by his double fig draw, so might chance Youmzain, drawn 5, who's a real fighter and I'm sure will be placed at least, currently 6.5 to win, but 2.26 to place which is a cracking bet

Asiatic Boy is my pick for a place or e/w in the big one, currently 10/1 - a FCT might be the way to go.
Bernie Ford doesn't think the draw will disadvantage Curlin in the least

Back