Dubai

Very impressive horse in every sense. Lets hope he stays sound right through to the Breeders Cup Classic and then meets the best of the 3 year olds at Santa Anita.

No but if he'd had anything to press him I'm sure he could have.
He didn't seem to have exerted himself overmuch :P

Fantastic ride by Anton Marcus on Jay Peg in the Duty Free. Absolutely rode the others to sleep then displayed fantastic athleticism when his saddle looked to slip violently in the final furlong (nearly went out the side door just past the post).

Archipenko could be one to prosper in Europe this year (presuming that's where he goes). Ran a cracking race (bit unlucky perhaps) and looks as though he wants a step up to 10 furlongs, as he was caught out a touch when they quickened turning in.

Curlin is absolutely sensational. Not really much else to say...

Originally posted by Headstrong@Mar 29 2008, 06:23 PM
No but if he'd had anything to press him I'm sure he could have.
He didn't seem to have exerted himself overmuch :P
I seem to recall DM`s victory being even easier.

Sun Classique versus Peeping Fawn would be something to look forward to later in the season. She is due to have a European campaign which is great news.

Willoughby and McNae were making claims that Sun Classique must be the best filly in the world after her win yesterday.

Also suggested that de Kock must be close to being the best trainer in the world.

Hyperbole, or do both those claims have some substance?

She's certainly a contender, but I do think she was a little bit flattered by the way the race was run yesterday. Can't wait to see her come to Europe though.

It's hard to judge de Kock because whilst he farms Dubai brilliantly you never really see him take on the other big international meetings - Hong Kong, Breeders Cup*, Japan Cup etc. and his best horses like Victory Moon, Irridescence and Asiatic Boy have usually just fallen short of making a real impact outside Dubai.

(* probably unfair to mention that when few of his horses' stallions will have be BC nominated and the supplementary fees are so high).

Back