Dundalk 2011

Irish Stamp

Forum Moderator
Thought I'd start this thread for the Dundalk regulars. Quiet start on Friday night but should be back in full swing soon enough :)

Battleoftheboyne (Majestic Missile (IRE) — Khaytada (IRE) (Doyoun (10.3f) ) catches the eye in the opener. Lots of horses bred for stamina in the race.

Not been myself Pricewise and tbh have no intention of going but good for killing a few hours on a Friday night :)

Will you be subscribing to the 'shrood card' This year? What price are we to go through a card during the season?

I will indeed be subscribing to the card for 2011, I hope it's not a premium rate number this season though

4/7 to go through the card at any point.

I've had my maximum on and will be pressing for a meeting to be abandoned after a 2yo Maiden at some point.

Last edited:
Splendid idea. I think making money At Dundalk is easier than at most other places.
(I know I've hexed it now)

I will be working for nearly all the meeting so will be making the effort to go through the cards etc. It should be worth keeping the thread going as they're are a few like Sheikh, trackside, On the Bridle and Martin that follow it.

Dundalk on a Friday night -follow the late market moves,see what's strong on the tote,great way to pass a few hours.

How could I forget Luke, a Friday regular! The market in Dundalk has laws of it's own.

Not been myself Pricewise and tbh have no intention of going but good for killing a few hours on a Friday night :)

I go to a few meetings a year at Dundalk but I only live 10 mile from the course. It can be almost deserted at times and it certainly isn't a place that you would reccommend someone to travel a distance to.

I might well tip up to it this Friday, had an unbelievable 2009 at the track but 2010 left a lot to be desired...

I'm heading up tomorrow night myself. Really looking forward to it. Love the Dundalk racing. Although even on a fine day like today you can guarantee it will be baltic in the evening.

Anyway, what I have in mind at the minute:

6:30 French Emperor/Bible Black (Find it hard to split these. Draw might just pull me to Bible Black. Also been gelded so more chance of being forward)
7:00 Elusive Express (Tricky little contest although you can probably scratch quite a few. Red Army Blues the danger)
7:30....i'll be at the bar..poor race..
8:00 Balmont Express/Gleadhradh (Former is a winner waiting to happen. Third behind an 84 rated Pirate Ship on last run. Should be good enough to win a maiden. I know its held in high enough regard. However Bolgers must also be, given its entry on its only run)

Haven't had a chance to look at the remaining races. Hopefully will get time this evening. I will be hoping for a birthday present with a winner or 2 :ninja:

A couple of races priced up by Boyles the night before.

Agree with Hezz on the 8:00 but would favour Balmont Express over Gleadhradh whilst in the priced up races I'd be with Bubbly Bellini and Here Now And Why (19:30) and Beau Bunny (19:00) who ran well behind my old friend The Reaper, form which has worked out ok in the context of this race.

Good on Boyles. They might be getting their card mark cheaply but I love having a set of prices to figure out. It makes going through the form the night before worth while.

Most consistent 13/8 winner on Friday evening is back, 'unders at Dunders', interesting to see how they price up the distance betting tomorrow.

Don't think they get involved with distances, only favourites. Stan James, will hill, boyles, skybet and vc and Lads should all price up.

Last edited:
Using Bet365 at the moment. Will get to a Boyles shop tomorrow, Will you post the best spread if you get a chance tomorrnw?

Will try and dig out some examples, but I'd be expecting to go under about 8-9 on a normal 7 race card.

As an example, 1st Oct I backed under 8.5L at 13/8, 7 race card, made up at 6.3L (first one I found across history of bets). Rest of Oct:

8th Oct, 7 races, 7.95L
15th, 7 races, 7.05L
22nd, 7 races, 10.6L (1 race was 4.5 and another 4!)
29th, 7 races, 6.3L

Last edited:
Back