Dundalk 2011

Via Ballycroy in the opener will go very close.

I've had a whisper for Friday Fever - yet on a line through Wasabi's House I can't see a good reason why he should get near Pyrenean Music and now SlimC whose judgement I trust throws a spanner in the works.

4x9x14 comb f/c's & 3 singles as stakes cover :blink:

Okay, il add my bit to the thread, all passed on in good faith.

7.00 Habesh has bags of ability but is a monkey at home. The cheekpieces might be a major help tonight and at 12/1 this one can not go unbacked tonight.

7.30 Any number of these could win, il take a small punt on Quinmaster.

8.00 Similar comments to the last, but spoke to connections of Black and Brew and they said there is no way it should be 20/1, so cheeky ew bet on that.

8.30 I know Hezz wont mind me posting, he hasnt had much time as he is going to the races. Horse is owned by a relative of Hezz, who is racing manager for him. The general gist of the conversation i had with him was that the horse is fit and well and will go very close, and most importantly is trying.

9.00 The Frog Prince was fancied last week and is fancied again tonight.

9.30 Fav will take the beating but il have an ew bet on Bravely Fought in the last.

8.30 I know Hezz wont mind me posting, he hasnt had much time as he is going to the races. Horse is owned by a relative of Hezz, who is racing manager for him. The general gist of the conversation i had with him was that the horse is fit and well and will go very close, and most importantly is trying.

Horse? That's not much of a name.

Horse? That's not much of a name.

My bad, Shisha Threesixty i think is how its spelt. I shouldnt tell you, put me away in the first at Navan on Sunday, AND ME THERE! I could have collected the trophy for you too.....:ninja:

:lol: I had all of €25 on her to win. Eddie Harty told us she would be asked to be prominent and that we would know a lot more after the race. She jumped really well and enjoyed it but it was a poor enough race I'd say.

:lol: I had all of €25 on her to win. Eddie Harty told us she would be asked to be prominent and that we would know a lot more after the race. She jumped really well and enjoyed it but it was a poor enough race I'd say.

Possibly so but she won it at her ease. Wasnt brilliant over the last two and still picked up to win it. Good luck with her.

Had a few quid on the 2nd in last race at 50 plus on betdaq.Couldn't watch the race because Imacelebrity and Late Late Toy Show were being sky plussed-gets chinned in photo.
Honest Tom would understand my urge to put something through telly.

Thought myself he would have been Steve.

Gone for a nice bet here on Devonelli, came into the race the last day off a break, and ran well til blowing up. Think the horse has a right chance tonight in the 6.30 with added fitness.

With 6 handicaps in the 8 races I had a small dabble at low distances, but fear the maidens for throwing up a wide margin. 1.75/2 is not thw worst but is as much as you'd want to see - a couple of photo's would be nice!

First time in ages i've been sat in on a friday so i'm gonna have a few goes at Dundalk tonight, anyone got anything they fancy?

The owner was quoted as saying "We were raped, I feel like Hamm did in his schooldays. I'm off to the bar..."

Last edited:
With 6 handicaps in the 8 races I had a small dabble at low distances, but fear the maidens for throwing up a wide margin. 1.75/2 is not thw worst but is as much as you'd want to see - a couple of photo's would be nice!

8 races, 7.1 lengths, lovely!

I've given Solar Sail a go in the next (7.30) at Dundalk. Her third to Intyre Trail at Limerick back in June looks by some way the pick of the form on offer in what looks a pretty moderate contest. Went in at Dundalk last year and reasonably drawn in 5 as well so seemingly no issues on either score.

The two obvious worries are current form (her last run was pretty miserable really) and pace; her run at Limerick came held up off a fairly strong pace and whether she will be as effective off what will likely be a more moderate gallop remains to be seen. At 10's I'm happy to take my chance though.

Last edited:
Dundalk has been practically impossible these last three months. Glad it's finished for 2011. Won't be going near it the early part if next year. It's toxic..

Back