Dundalk 2011

Haven't got a clue about racing at Dundalk but though I'd join in the fun and have minimum e/way bets on the following - gives me something to watch at work as Friday evenings are normally slow.

French Emperor

Old English

Bubbly Bellini

Balmont Mast

Pivotal Rock

Breezed Well

Lynott

Exactness and Battleoftheboyne dutched in the npener and a play of unders on the distance will keep me keen.

Opening race is the only worry for distances, coul dbe anything, but it has proved in the past you could get a 4L win and still go under...

Good on Boyles. They might be getting their card mark cheaply but I love having a set of prices to figure out. It makes going through the form the night before worth while.

Fair play to Boyles!! Liking the price about Elusive Express tbh. EW penalty kick in my eyes.

Bible Black /Snowflake Dancer
Old English
One of three
Gleadradh/Cinarosa (like the look of Deegans but a lot to overcome)
Gold Mirage

Think Snowflake Dancer will be effective over 5f Sheikh?
Just asking as I passed him over as looks bred for much longer trip.

Yes , definite concerns over the trip being sharp on first glance but the dam is from a precocious black type family. Usually has an early type for this owner and his horses are running well already. Hard to see him out for the first three.

Heading that direction tonight - my two ew fancies are Elusive Express and Dunne Grand - this one has some smart early season form last year and the 12/1 is more than fair. With EE the draw for me is more a worry than Johnston's yoke. 13 is a bit of a disaster - makes the price though!

Last edited:
Dunne grand is such a frustrating horse. She's always one to take out of a race as one to watch next time out...but never does it next time out. Won a weak race at Laytown last season. I gave up on her a long time ago....so watch her bolt up tonight!!

Will see you up there Barry. I'll bring an extra suitcase for you . Although I might need it myself after Bible Black scoots up in the opener.

Dunne grand is such a frustrating horse. She's always one to take out of a race as one to watch next time out...but never does it next time out. Won a weak race at Laytown last season. I gave up on her a long time ago....so watch her bolt up tonight!!

Will see you up there Barry. I'll bring an extra suitcase for you . Although I might need it myself after Bible Black scoots up in the opener.

Sweet

As a result of Hezz and OTB both going racing tonight, i have decided to pull out. It has disaster written all over it!

Word from the same place as the winner of the 2yo maiden last Sunday is that Battleoftrafalgur and oneinthree are both good ew bets at Dundalk. Just got the text, havent checked them out of had a bet yet.

At 7.5 best priced 7/4 I'll happily let it go - it'll be a similar quote for Lingfield to go under tomorrow which is like night following day. Will just wait and see if Hills price up though...

Edit: Hills 6/4 7.5, Ladbrokes 13/8 7.5, no outstanding value here this evening, worth keeping an eye on Stan James in-running distances as if it goes crazy in the first maiden they may over react and put it too high.

Last edited:
Fair play to Boyles!! Liking the price about Elusive Express tbh. EW penalty kick in my eyes.

I have an e/w trixie with Counting House, Fantasy Explorer and this one, after FE I'd probably take a NR!

worth keeping an eye on Stan James in-running distances as if it goes crazy in the first maiden they may over react and put it too high.

Their in-running price for Wolverhampton is tempting, over 11.5 at 5/6, 1 race down and that was 2L, 7 more to go, over 9.5 in 7 races at Wolves is a more than fair target.

Back